Corsair Community

Double Shot Key Caps

Corsair Henry

Which color keycaps and Material do you prefer?  

250 members have voted

1. 1. Which color keycaps and Material do you prefer?

• Black Keycaps + ABS
    • Black Keycaps + PBT
    • White keycaps + ABS
    • White keycaps + PBT
    • numbers + Legends side by side ( better lighting)
    • Single Thickness
    • Double thickness

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for your feedback. I will definitely convey this message to the PM.

I agree, and definitely , if I knew the keyboard come with this new layout , I would not buy . Reminding that the picture shown in the Amazon , where it was bought , does not appear this layout change.

Now I'm trying to solve this problem with the Corsair Support , and the best answer so far is that I buy new keycaps or other keyboard (spend more money on a gadget that costs U$ 150,00).

I just realized that the Strafe RGB keycaps are narrower than normal. I was wondering why I was finding it hard to type. Now I know. This is another stupid change that no one asked for.

Wow really? I've got many various keyboards and if anything I find the Strafe amazing to touch type on. In fact I'm almost certain it's improved my accuracy and speed. ::pirate::

Best

Wulf

I can't stress enough how important options are. This is a very subjective matter so the only way Corsair is going to make people happy is with many options. Options for keycap material, font, color, and layout are what is needed here.

Whilst I agree about having options is a good thing, I also think that its important to walk before you can run. Remember as companies go Corsair are pretty good at listening to their customers. This thread in itself is testament to that.

Best

Wulf :D:

I've had my k65 for literally less than a month and i'm already dying to have these...i cant imagine if I had to wait from the time this thread started lol.

Henry I know you cant update us too much, but is it at least safe to say these are actually happening 100%, only a question of when? Or is the product's existence still in question?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I told you guys it will take awhile. I really do wish I can provide you with each step of the update, but that would jeopardize my job. Anyhow, it does take time to find get the quality we want.

I waited for what seemed like years for the K95 RGB with MX Blues to come out, and I survived that wait. I will survive this wait, and pick up 2 sets for my K95s. Not like there is a competing double-struck set for the K95...

That being said, I wish you could give us more than verbal reassurance that this is happening, but I know what it is like to work on a new product and not be able to tell customers details. Sucks for everyone. We want to know, you want to show off progress, but the dang managers won't have it :evil:

• Corsair Employee
I waited for what seemed like years for the K95 RGB with MX Blues to come out, and I survived that wait. I will survive this wait, and pick up 2 sets for my K95s. Not like there is a competing double-struck set for the K95...

That being said, I wish you could give us more than verbal reassurance that this is happening, but I know what it is like to work on a new product and not be able to tell customers details. Sucks for everyone. We want to know, you want to show off progress, but the dang managers won't have it :evil:

My apologies for the lack of updates and verbal assurance. I've been traveling for work and rarely have the time to post, but we are almost there guys! If for whatever reason the project changes course, I will make sure you to drop a line.

Going back to the original post I'd be willing to pay up to £70 for good PBT keys for my keyboard. I'd have replaced all the keys on my k70 already if it wasn't for the bottom row of keys being slightly different to most keyboards. Personally I don't care much for back lighting so I don't really mind if I can see through the letters or not, I'm mostly interested in your keyboards due to their quality and your support.

I would love backlight-compatible PBT caps! I've been looking for a set for a long time now (found some) but their quality leaves me wanting more. The backlighting on the characters are inconsistent and just make it appear to be cheap (well, it was from China...)

I'd be willing to pay $40 or more for a great keycap set. Love my K65 and no other keyboard really fits the qualities I look for in a good mechanical keyboard. Would also be cool to have a Mac option (Command, Option, etc.).

Looking forward to official keycaps!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone :) i was searching keycaps for my K65 rgb week but was a long one ! max keyborad onl;y them make for us 6.5 bottom space xD for those who wants UK Iso its super hard to find;/ but they are expensive and no PBT;/ WHy corsair cant make funny high quality PBT ? if people want it u gonna get money ye ?

but for now im waiting for yellow channel ducky pbt :D they are without backlit but i think its even more cool :D i will post here picture if you gays interested how its gonna looks

Corsair u loosing the money :P

Edited by nosek88

I found this post when searching in vain for a back-lit, PBT, double shot set of Corsair compatible keycaps. I bought my K65 RGB keyboard in April 2015, and my keycaps are already showing signs of wear. My "E" is an unsightly blob.

I would love to see a "Corsair Compatible" set of black, doubleshot back-lit PBT keycaps with side-by-side numbers and legends. Ideally double-thickness, but if that substantially increased the keycap cost, then single thickness would work well enough.

I would hope it would be no more than $40 for a 104 key set, and less for a TKL set. If you went Double-shot ABS, it should cost even less. This is already what one can buy various "normal" sets for (excepting small scale custom group buys) and often, for half as much.

I personally view this as something that should be looked at by Corsair as a courtesy for your customers. You make not-inexpensive mechanical keyboards that should last many years, and then stick on keycaps that wear in only one.

In a perfect world, Corsair would abandon this non-standard bottom row. Keyboard/keycap enthusiasts would no longer shun your keyboards (or like me, buy the keyboard and then feel trapped with awful keycaps), we'd all be able to use any Cherry keycaps that suit our fancy (like my beloved 1976 SA profile set), and it would help mitigate the fact that Corsair puts what amounts to temporary keycaps on their keyboards.