Corsair Community

Double Shot Key Caps

Corsair Henry

Which color keycaps and Material do you prefer?  

250 members have voted

1. 1. Which color keycaps and Material do you prefer?

• Black Keycaps + ABS
    • Black Keycaps + PBT
    • White keycaps + ABS
    • White keycaps + PBT
    • numbers + Legends side by side ( better lighting)
    • Single Thickness
    • Double thickness

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ladies and Gentleman, this will be my last update as I am not able to provide any more details.

The good news is that WE ARE ALL SET AND READY TO GO!!:D:

Thank you to all who participated and voted and to everyone who added their voice to make this happen.

My body is ready...

and my fingers! :praise:

• 1 month later...
If they have better backlight parameters than LUX/RAPIDFIRE keycaps, then I am in. It would be awesome if middle column sliding on switch could be completely transparent like the body of RGB switches is.

• Corsair Employee
Yeah come on guys don't keep us waiting much longer please. Nothing at Computex, those mag lev fans will be finding their way into my case though.:roll:

Best

Wulf

I know it's hard but I am anxiously waiting for these as well.

• 2 weeks later...
One of the reasons I stopped using Corsair keyboards is because of the non standard layout that prevented me from being able to use my own higher quality keycaps. However, if Corsair releases Doubleshot ABS and Doubleshot PBT keycaps (with lighting) then this issue will be more or less resolved. Please hurry up with getting these keycaps out and no goofy textures or goofy font please. The best option for us customers would be options for the keycap material and font. Edited by Riekopo

I can already imagine how this will come out as an entire new product altogether...

After the K70 with just Red LEDs,

after K70 with RGB LEDs,

after K70 with MX Silent Switches plus RGB

after K70 with Rapidfire Switches plus RGB

and after K70 LUX RGB,

Here comes the K70 LUX Rapidfire MX Silent RGB with DoubleShot PBT Keycaps...

You're killing me, my dear Corsair... You're killing me... lol

• Corsair Employee
I can already imagine how this will come out as an entire new product altogether...

After the K70 with just Red LEDs,

after K70 with RGB LEDs,

after K70 with MX Silent Switches plus RGB

after K70 with Rapidfire Switches plus RGB

and after K70 LUX RGB,

Here comes the K70 LUX Rapidfire MX Silent RGB with DoubleShot PBT Keycaps...

You're killing me, my dear Corsair... You're killing me... lol

Are you sure you are not working for Corsair? :D:

I would like to emphasize that if the keycaps only contain support for corsair style keyboards (especially the non-standard bottom row), then they should be worth less than most doubleshot sets out there ($40 might sound reasonable). However, if they included the standard row as well as Corsair's nonstandard sizes, then I'd say $60-90 is reasonable for the casual majority, and $90-$130 for enthusiasts depending on on the quality.

I would love to get some white/black double shot PBT keycaps for my K70 Lux.

ABS wears and becomes shiny waaaaay too quick, and I've noticed this especially with the stock keycaps that come on Corsair boards.

Yep, hopefully not much longer to wait till we can get our hands on these new keycaps :stickpoke

Best

Wulf :D:

• 2 weeks later...
Another thing to say about this. If the legends are upside down like on the new Strafe and Lux keyboards then I won't be buying these. Adult gamers don't want non standard bottom row, goofy font, different size, upside down legend keycaps. Edited by Riekopo

• Corsair Employee
Another thing to say about this. If the legends are upside down like on the new Strafe and Lux keyboards then I won't be buying these. Adult gamers don't want non standard bottom row, goofy font, different size, upside down legend keycaps.

Thank you for your feedback. I will definitely convey this message to the PM.

I agree the old font is better but I don't mind the new one, and I actually wouldn't mind seeing keys with multiple symbols have the symbols side-by-side for better illumination (e.x. " ? / "). But upside down doesn't really both me either.

Mostly I just want PBT.

Edited by bwoodruff

I prefer the Strafe font. It's a gaming keyboard, and this type of font lets more light through. Isn't that the point really? As for "grown up gamers" I resemble that remark (the wife would beg to differ :biggrin:) and love the charm of the strafe keyboard, warts and all.

Best

P.S. How are those keycaps coming along? Not sure how much longer I can keep this kidney preserved :laughing:

I prefer the Strafe font. It's a gaming keyboard, and this type of font lets more light through. Isn't that the point really? As for "grown up gamers" I resemble that remark (the wife would beg to differ :biggrin:) and love the charm of the strafe keyboard, warts and all.

Best

P.S. How are those keycaps coming along? Not sure how much longer I can keep this kidney preserved :laughing:

Good point and good question. +1 :)