Corsair Community

XD5 pump PWM- standard?

knacker40

Is the PWM on the pump standard ie if I connect it to say an Aquaero 6 I would be able to control it's speed?

I have just about finishing a build in the 680x with full corsair stuff but client has the existing AE6 which she would prefer to use if possible. She has also heard about the limits of the icue software not allowing manual adjustments unlike the aquasuite software which is very good

She also wants nothing plugged into the motherboard apart from USB headers- difficult client this one but as she is my sister in law I have to please!

Yes, it is a standard PWM and tachometer wire on that cable and it should be PWM controllable from whatever you plug it into. There is nothing special about using Commander Pro fan port #6, aside from it is necessary if you want to use the Corsair provided default Hydro X curves. I am sure you can manage something on your own. Also, when on any C-Pro fan header, the pump is controllable just like any other fan. You can have 6 data points for speed vs control variable and a bag full of choices. You can do gradual or stepped advances based on coolant temperature or whatever else you choose.

Be aware you may still need a Commander Pro or Lighting Node Pro as the software interface between iCUE and the devices if you want to control the RGB lighting on the blocks, pump, or any other Corsair RGB fans.

thanks for the response- I will see what will best fit the build for her and try the Cpro as it would reduce the amount of clutter potentially- I do have a lighting node pro so should be ok for the rgb Edited by knacker40

I have tried the pump on the AE6 and all I get is 0% when using the PWM control or 100% if using power or speed control.

Think I will have to install the CP for the pump as I will need to be able to manually adjust the speed as the noise at 100% is too much for Madam but not sure about the fans as I do like the Aquasuite for manual fan control rather than a set level or %, I can move them to what is wanted with a simple slider.

Will hopefully get this build finished soon

It was a reporting bug in aquasuite which an update sorted- PWM control was not being picked up initially but the update gives changes to the settings- thanks for help anyway.

I think I will try the CP in one of my machines so I can test it as I dont have a fan controller in it and have 2 AIOs so will see how that goes

Edit: please see below!!

Edited by knacker40

Quick question- if I use the CP for the pump, can it be controlled manually or only by PWM? I would love to be able to control it manually ie slide it up and down rather than trying to work out a curve for madam.

is this possible as I would then try this out as the Aquasuite software is quite jumpy for pump control if its not an Aquacomputer D5 pump

Manually as in fixed RPM or %? Or manually with analog control? Yes to fixed PWM and %, but perhaps not no real advantage over a step-up type of curve (1500 rpm below 30C, 2000 30-40C, 2500 40C+, etc. Ultimately, everything is tied to the specific profiles, so making seamless transitions between fan curve types or fixed speeds require you to change the profile. With a Corsair keyboard or mouse, that is pretty easy and you can bind a profile switch to a key, then loop the profiles (low/medium/high, etc). Edited by c-attack

A few other users have reported some inconsistent behavior with the internal flow meter on the GPU block. Unfortunately, that is how those things go sometimes. Not clear if it is because the flow is evenly flowing around the wheel rather than through it, but if there is a definite flow restriction or stall, exit temperature should show it and that is why I like temp sensors more than flow sensors. There are four 10K thermistor inputs on the C-Pro to play around with. I run 3 of the 4 to flow through temp sensors or plugs.