Corsair Community

SP120 fans not responding in iCue

Drauka_Grissa

I just bought some new SP120 RGB Pro fans that came with the lighting node core. All 3 fans spin, have persistent white light and are visible in iCue but I am unable to control any of them.

I have them all wired up on the core in spaces 1-3 for the 4pin rgb connection and on my motherboard fan headers 1-3 for the 3pin power.

None of my other Corsair products have any problems with being controlled through iCue, its only the fans. Has anyone ever encountered a problem like this before?

I've tried updating the firmware in iCue to the most recent version (3.31.81), tried swapping fans around on the lighting node core, and tried swapping the usb headers on my motherboard as one of my other usb headers has the lightning node pro with 2 led strips plugged into it.

UPDATE: While writing this, one of the sp120 fans has a flicker on 1 or 2 of the LED's in the center. It is still showing white, but I can see some color flicker as it spins.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

It's a bit odd for one controller only to go offline like that. That would seem to rule out the software side. The normal procedure is to shuffle the order of the fans or try each one individually in slot #1 to see if they light up and are controllable. If you have already done that and it is still not responsive, the issue may be with the Core device. One way to test that would be temporarily disconnecting your other fans from RGB Hub to the Lighting Node Pro and testing the three SP-Pro from that.

If the Core is at fault, you can contact Corsair Support to arrange for a replacement of the Core device. The other option would be to swap it with the retailer, but that would likely mean fans too. Not sure which is the faster option.