Corsair Community

Corsair H150i PRO RGB - Not sure It is working

WarMindz

I built a computer today and I used the Corsair H150i PRO RGB. Everything seams to work except the fan LEDs. My Memory and the CPU cooler show up in ICue, but the fans are not lighting up though it appears I can change their speed etc.

Did I wire it up correctly, I plugged all three into the cooler, the USB connection was made, the stat connector, and I plugged the the remaining 3-pin into the cpu_fan on the MB.

Afraid so and you are not the first or last person to assume it was a total package. There are ML120-RGB fans that are identical to your grey ones, save the lighting. Given that, I wish they had included those in the original package, but the decisions are more complicated. Price point is serious issue and obviously replacing the current ones with a more expensive model increases that x3. They did do this with the Platinum version (and a higher speed fan variant) that came after and you can compare 280mm prices to see the difference.

Every few months we have a conversation somewhere in the forum about what would be better: a) every cooler came with premium fans ++$$; b) every cooler came with zero fans --$$; or c) keep things as they are with lower cost "stock" fans that no one really loves, but splits the middle on price. I have a million fans and would love the 'no fan' approach, but there is always a convincing argument for the others. I am looking at the Amazon page now and besides a description mistake (140mm fans for H150i) it really doesn't say definitively. That puts it down to your ability to differentiate the slightly opaque white blade of the RGB from the grey of the non-RGB. Kind of a tough call and this should be of clear emphasis anywhere it is sold.

Thanks for the clarification, these base fans are super quiet and I am not trying to throw a rave up in my case (despite having the vengeance RGB Memory and the Razer chroma case), so I am fine with it... for now.

Thank though, I just wanted make sure I installed them correctly.

• 2 months later...