Corsair Community

LL series fan and CP from 500D SE

Alcasczar

OK so I built a system with left over parts from a previous, basically I had to buy motherboard, ram and some SSDs.

I had a left over 120 LL series fan which worked great in another system with a commander pro that I bought separately.

I bought a Obsidian 500D SE which came with commander pro (yes) and decided to use this 120 LL series fan as the exhaust fan in the back since the SE did not come with one.

Well hooking it up and it spins fine, but no lights coming from it. This is in the #4 slot since the 500D SE has 3 so why no lights on it? Are they not compatible with Cpro that come with the 500D SE?

The fan spins fine and powers up just no lights the other 3 have lights which of course they came with the 500D SE so I'm wondering if me buying the single fan has a compatibility problem as opposed to buying them in a 2 or 3 pack? should be the same fan is my thought.

So I took one of my 140s that was a in 2 pack and plugged it in, lights come from this fan no problem.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

I installed ICUE, fan still doesn't light up, even updated Cpro firmware. I'll try plugging it into port 1 and still no go. I am going to try plugging it into a separate lighting channel on a node to see if it works on it own. I'll be back XD thanks.

You probably need to actually go into Corsair Link or iCue, whatever you have installed, and "add" that fourth fan to your setup. They usually don't light up until then as the individual commander pros/lighting node pros have their separate configs stored onboard.

You probably need to actually go into Corsair Link or iCue, whatever you have installed, and "add" that fourth fan to your setup. They usually don't light up until then as the individual commander pros/lighting node pros have their separate configs stored onboard.

I did try that and also plugged it into port 1 where a fan is working there as well as the 2 and 3. Need to get it on the test bench with as motherboard to see if it works on a commander pro by itself or at least a hub and a node pro which I have in inventory still.

stupid question, but you did plug the fans RGB plug in as well as the power yes? If so, to the same RGB hub as the other three and then in iCUE changed the lighting setup to four instead of three fans?

Yep it's getting power from the Cpro, even tried it on a Cpro with a 140 LL series fan in port 1 and this 120 in Port 2. It spins fine like I mentioned in my OP but no lights. I have a ticket open but it's gone quiet now for a couple days so not sure what's up.

Added an image, you can see the 120 spinning and no lights and the 140 spinning and can see the light :)

cpro_120_140.thumb.jpg.6ebcec51eaf59f465d421d97294d54eb.jpg

Yep it's getting power from the Cpro, even tried it on a Cpro with a 140 LL series fan in port 1 and this 120 in Port 2. It spins fine like I mentioned in my OP but no lights. I have a ticket open but it's gone quiet now for a couple days so not sure what's up.

Added an image, you can see the 120 spinning and no lights and the 140 spinning and can see the light :)

The Fan Hub does not get power from the CoPro. It get's power from the SATA connection. And the fans get power for the RGB from the fan hub.

As these are "outside the box", how are you configuring the lighting channel for the CoPro? The lighting channel needs to be configured before the lighting will work properly.

There is a lighting hub there which is getting Sata power as is the Cpro, just not visible in the picture. As you can see there is light coming from one fan just not the other. Is something not clear about it not getting power from the picture attached from the above post? I have a MB on a test bench with a modular 550W PSU connected there "Outside the box"

Edit: when I plug the 120 into port 1 and the 140 mm into port 2 , there are no lights from either fan, this would be expected since the lighting on the 120 is clearly broken some how.

There is a lighting hub there which is getting Sata power as is the Cpro, just not visible in the picture. As you can see there is light coming from one fan just not the other. Is something not clear about it not getting power from the picture attached from the above post? I have a MB on a test bench with a modular 550W PSU connected there "Outside the box"

You stated that the fan lighting was powered from the CoPro. It's not. The +5V line from the CoPro's Lighting Channel (pin 1) should be disconnected. If it's not, then you'll have issues.

And that was before I looked at the picture.

Edit: when I plug the 120 into port 1 and the 140 mm into port 2 , there are no lights from either fan, this would be expected since the lighting on the 120 is clearly broken some how.

That does pretty clearly indicate that the 120 mm fan is bad. But without any control of the CoPro, it's difficult to determine any issues. I was asking, specifically, how you were controlling the lighting channel as fans are not auto-detected. That's still an open question.

That does pretty clearly indicate that the 120 mm fan is bad. But without any control of the CoPro, it's difficult to determine any issues. I was asking, specifically, how you were controlling the lighting channel as fans are not auto-detected. That's still an open question.

Previously I was controlling the lighting through ICUE, it still did not light up there either , even adding it as a fan which at the time was in port 4 of the lighting up since the other 3 from the 500D SE were connected. In the picture here there is no control of lighting via software just a simple test using the default lighting, in fact I didn't even have a HDD/SSD connected.

You stated that the fan lighting was powered from the CoPro. It's not. The +5V line from the CoPro's Lighting Channel (pin 1) should be disconnected.

I plug the cable labled "to rgb lighting hub" to the lighting hub there is a wire coming out of the lighting hub and that plugs into the Cpro's LED port 1. Both lighting hub and cpro are powered by Sata.

• 3 weeks later...
The 500D does come with LL fans.

I think it's pretty clear at this point that at least one of your fans is DOA. So ... let's just put that to rest.

From there, with the exception of the fan, is the CoPro detected by iCue?

Yep, I put in a RMA and have a new fan replacement and it's working now and the Cpro is visible in ICUE. Let there be LIGHT!! :p

Archived