Corsair Community

Corsair XD5 and commander Pro

Fufuu

Hello,

I just finished to implement a full Corsair Hydro X watercooling system. I have two issues with my Commander Pro:

- I plugged the Corsair XD5 to the CoPro on fan port 6 (temperature cable on port 1). The pump is not detected in iCUE, only 5 fans are shown (my 5 LL120). The 6th fan port is not displayed and the pump run really slowly.

- The USB header on CoPro seems to not work: I plugged my power supply (HX1200i) on CoPro and it is not detected in iCUE. If I plug the power supply USB cable on motherboard, its work.

Could you help me please with my issues ?

Thanks.

Hey ... I can't say for the HydroX pump but ... one thing to look out for with the Commander Pro's USB ports is that it's super-easy to have them off by one. If that's not the case ... there are also sometimes issues specifically with AMD boards. Crazily enough, it seems that putting an internal USB hub between the AMD USB port and the Commander Pro fixes things. But before you do that, try disabling Fast Boot in your BIOS and Windows Fast Startup (https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-windows-10-fast-startup). Both of these bypass some USB device initialization and that can also cause problems (and not just with Corsair devices).

Click the CoPro and then click settings up top. Try switching port 6 from auto to 3pin. LMK if that helps or not.

Edit: Zotty reminded me that this D5 has PWM, after you try the above try setting it to 4pin.

Edited by solarity

Hello,

I'll try to disable Windows Fast Boot but the fast boot on motherboard is already disabled. Regarding the pump, I tried all combination: Auto, 3-Pin, 4-Pin. In Auto and 3-Pin, the fan channel is not shown and the pump runs slowly. In 4-pin, the pump runs at the maximum speed and iCUE indicates me 0 RPM even after choosing the Hydro X pump profile.

Thank you !

Just for giggles - what happens if you put the pump on a different port on the CoPro? One with a working fan?

If that doesn't work he can try the MB header to see if he gets the tach to show up. If the tach doesn't show up when connected to the MB, then issue might be with pump or wire termination.

Hello guys,

Regarding the pump, I plugged it on the moterboard and I had information about RPM. I tried every single port on the CoPro and it didn't work in any of the ports.

Regarding the power supply, disable the windows fast boot didn't resolve my issue :)

Edited by Fufuu

It does seem strange you don’t get a speed reading on any C-Pro port but the fans do register on the same headers. It’s just a tachometer and PWM wire and it should show speed. It does register on the motherboard so the tach wire seems ok. We’re you able to change speed with the BIOS?

Hello,

I tried to force the firmware update => no success

When I plug the XD5 on motherboard, I can change the speed.

I think these guys have the same issue than I:

I opened a ticket yesterday, I think there is a bug in CoPro or iCUE.

I don't know. A bug or glitch with iCUE could affect the lighting or presets, but this information would be sent across the USB channel. The pump only send a tachometer and PWM control wire to the Commander Pro. It doesn't know what is on the other end, just that something is there and it is moving. While reservoir materials and design vary quite a bit, the D5 pump is pretty consistent. I have been running a D5 pump from another brand for two years on my Commander Pro header #6 and it has never done this or glitched in anyway. I don't really understand this at all. I do know the Hydro X team is aware.

Did you try moving one of the other case fans from headers 1-5 over to #6, just to verify header #6 does recognize something?

I don't know. A bug or glitch with iCUE could affect the lighting or presets, but this information would be sent across the USB channel. The pump only send a tachometer and PWM control wire to the Commander Pro. It doesn't know what is on the other end, just that something is there and it is moving. While reservoir materials and design vary quite a bit, the D5 pump is pretty consistent. I have been running a D5 pump from another brand for two years on my Commander Pro header #6 and it has never done this or glitched in anyway. I don't really understand this at all. I do know the Hydro X team is aware.

Did you try moving one of the other case fans from headers 1-5 over to #6, just to verify header #6 does recognize something?

Yes I tried on all fan ports. When I set on Auto the pump stop to run. When I set to 4-Pin, I have 0RPM even though the pump is running.

Right. The problem is each of those PWM LL fans also has a tach and PWM wire in the same place. The controller should not care what's on the other end. If there is a controller issue, it should be the same result for all of them when on #6 or the pump should be read on a different header if the #6 header is the defective. Your problem looks like a tach wire issue on the pump, except that it is then read and controlled through the motherboard header. Not really sure what to suggest at this point since the troubleshooting is leading us in circles --- aside from continuing to use the motherboard as the control source.

Right. The problem is each of those PWM LL fans also has a tach and PWM wire in the same place. The controller should not care what's on the other end. If there is a controller issue, it should be the same result for all of them when on #6 or the pump should be read on a different header if the #6 header is the defective. Your problem looks like a tach wire issue on the pump, except that it is then read and controlled through the motherboard header. Not really sure what to suggest at this point since the troubleshooting is leading us in circles --- aside from continuing to use the motherboard as the control source.

This evening I tried to plug it on the motherboard again. This time, the motherboard also doesn't show me RPM. But the motherboard change the pump speed in function of CPU temperature. It's really strange ...

This evening I tried to plug it on the motherboard again. This time, the motherboard also doesn't show me RPM. But the motherboard change the pump speed in function of CPU temperature. It's really strange ...

Sounds like something is going on with the pump. I would get a hold of Corsair support for a RMA on that pump.

Sounds like something is going on with the pump. I would get a hold of Corsair support for a RMA on that pump.

I opened a case for that. I just resolved the issue with my USB header. I connected the CoPro to another USB 2.0 port on the motherboard => Success !!!

Now I just have the pump issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Corsair,

Have you got people in your support service ? I asked a question for the pump issue on 06/27/19 (look at the screenshot). Nobody answered. Do you care about your customers ?

873036106_Screenshot2019-07-09at18_46_31.thumb.jpeg.18b381f842f61d581d8c9ef7685f84f0.jpeg

Edited by Fufuu

Dear Corsair,

Have you got people in your support service ? I asked a question for the pump issue on 06/27/19 (look at the screenshot). Nobody answered. Do you care about your customers ?

Although hold times are long, it seems they are very responsive if you wait long enough to get a customer support rep through phone support. I had two Commander Pro's fail recently (one right after getting my entire HydroX rig setup and leak testing, died within the hour) And the USB ports completely fail to function on the other one. I know it is frustrating, but, as with any brand new product, there are kinks to iron out.

Good news is Corsair seems to be standing up and replacing the failed equipment.

OK ... I finally got HydroX installed.

First, the set the CoPro port to 4-pin. Auto doesn't seem to work.

Second, depending on how many devices are in your loop, you may need to create a custom curve. For my loop, I have 2 GPU blocks, a CPU block and 2 radiators. I didn't get any flow until about 3000 RPM and the default HydroX curve is set to lower than that. Start with creating a custom fan curve and set it to fixed RPM - 3000 RPM. Play around with it from there to see what your minimum is. Then create a custom curve (if you want) with that as the baseline.

• Corsair Employee

Hi Fufuu,

Sorry about the delay. Yeah looking at the time you submitted the inquiry with no response for that long is a bit concerning. Let me get one of our reps to assist and get your ticket sorted out. Again, I apologize for the delay.

• 2 weeks later...
I am having the same exact problem. Any luck on a fix?

What specific problem? There were multiple originally. If the pump is not detected in iCUE, make sure you change the voltage control from auto to “4 pin” PWM as noted above. Auto won’t work without a 12v wire and the pump lead is just a PWM and tachometer wire.