Corsair Community

Is the vengeance 2100s mic as good as the vengeance 1500s mic?

D2ultima

Hi all. First post here. This post will have more questions than the title asks, but I'll get to that in due time.

Firstly, the main thing I would like to figure out is exactly how good is the 2100s mic. Now I heard it from people's reviews a couple months ago, and it sounds pretty decent, but only one person has reviewed BOTH the 1500 v2's microphone and the 2100's microphone, and he did not review them doing the same thing (I.E. I could not get a clear comparison). I love wireless headsets (currently have a G930, though its mic sucks) and I would love to get another. The reason I'm looking to corsair is because their mics (as well as listening audio) have been praised as being very good. If the 2100's mic is as good as the 1500 v2's mic, then I'd definitely be looking toward the 2100 headset. So, that's my first question: Is it as good as the 1500 v2s or am I better off swallowing a loss of wireless freedom for the better mic? I would mainly be using them for streaming, and for other reasons I basically don't have room for a desk mic of any kind. Long story.

Secondly, I came to the forums kind of as a last resort, all fired up and ready to buy a nice, shiny, new corsair headset and walk away smiling. Then I saw everybody complaining about drivers and this and that and all that stuff. I am now quite weary of it. Are things really that bad that old software (lacking surround sound features and such) are what I would need if I got the headset? I would be using Windows 8.1 x64 as my OS, and I saw some people complaining the older software has a lot of compatibility issues with that OS... not a reassuring thing to see, really. So here's my second question:

Do I trust that these issues are few and far inbetween and take the plunge into a shiny new blue and black headset, coming out like I belong in Tron? Or do I turn tail and run far away because these guys don't care about their customers and find a different brand?

I'm one of those guys that does about a month's research in a couple days when I'm wanting to get something new, but I would have to choose within about a week or so which headset I should get. I had narrowed it down to 1500s or 2100s, but now I want input from most of the users. I live in Teamspeak 3 and I would be doing a fair amount of streaming and some recording, so sound cutting out etc is a huge nope.

Well that's good to hear. I know a friend who had the 1500 v1s and now the 2000s and was happy with both, though both broke he conceded that it was likely his fault for each. The software and all that works great too, yes?

I don't have a problem with the software (2.0.26) at all, I have my mic volume slider at about mid point and volume slider at about 16 or so. so all and all its working for me, I have the equalizer set on fps gaming and 7.1 set (bf4 sounds great).

p.s. I also have the sb z series for sound cards installed but have every thing defaulted for the headset (only set the settings for sb card if I use my speakers). also never had a problem with the cracking (earphone connected to the headband) either (when I owned the 2000 set), I think that is do to user handling (in my opinion) even though people will say that they were never rough with their headsets.

Well okay, at least one person has given me good insight. I think I might go with the 1500 v2; I spent a lot of time listening to more and more people do mic tests and I think it might be the best option for the mic. Now it's just really to be sure I want corsair is all I guess. I know forums usually have ONLY the bad experiences commenting unless you're on NBR's owner's lounge threads, but it still kind of puts people off XD. So just needed to hear good stuff sometimes. The hell of a PC you have also kind of makes me appreciate someone who buys quality and keeps it working well too.

the 1500's and the 2100's are basically the same headset with one being wired the other not.

Was asking specifically about the microphone quality, which nobody seems to really know. I ended up defaulting to the 1500 v2s in the end as I wanted the better mic.

Archived