Corsair Community

Summer Temps...

elric75

Hi,

I was wondering if it was the same for people around here

I have a H150i on a DELIDDED 8086K @ 4.8ghz, 1.23 vcore.

My temps

Room temp : 30C

Coolant temperature : between 35 and 36.70C depending on the speed of fan

Cpu temperature at idle : between 42 and 45c

Cpu temps at load in game : around 66c max in assassin's creed odyssey for example;

is that all normal and good for summer season?

Thanks

That sounds about right. Your key limiting temp is your room temperature.

Some details about how your cooling/fans are configured may be enlightening though. For example, is your radiator set to intake or exhaust? What's the internal case temp?

I think so... typical coolant temps are +4-7C above your room temperature. Idle core behavior is a bit hard to characterize anymore, but Lake CPUs do not sit quietly while you browse. Something is always moving and the core temps will be the same. Odyssey is a very weird game in terms of power/resource usage. It cycles through both CPU and GPU resources. Watch your CPU% on Afterburner or whatever and it will go 55-75-95-75-55-75-95% endlessly. My peak temps in that game are more or less the same as 100% Linpack load. The thing to keep an eye on is coolant temperature after gaming. It should go up about +6-8C during play, but if it doesn't come down after you may be keeping a lot of extra heat in the case. That can be ameliorated with some different case fan settings (hopefully).

*You'll have a motherboard sensor (although hard to identify in iCUE). You CPU wattage at idle is pithy little 15-20W, so the coolant temp is more or less case temp in that part of the box.

Yeah, you made the news here. When it is that hot, there is nothing you can do. Your ratios and offsets are still the same as before, so things are still working. Temperature is additive, so if the room is 10C warmer, so is everything else.

i guess i must be doing something right. :biggrin:

Room Temp: 26C

H115i Temp: 30C

CPU is Delid 8700K @ 5.0 Package: 36.0C idle VPU 1.24V

Case: Thermaltake View 71

3 ML120RGB as intake

1 ML120 at bottom

1 ML140 at back

H115i doing Push and pull with fan at 1100 rpm.