Corsair Community

Corsair Harpoon RGB Wireless Double-Click Problem (Solved)

Following my yesterday post, and seeing so many people impacted, I understood the issue was the mouse software 1.9.85, and not hardware (I was about to trash this mouse!)

Surprisingly, I made this mouse update a while back, the issue did not start immediately but after a few weeks of use with no issue (that's why I suspected a HW problem)

But after doing the action explained below, the double click issue seems to have gone! At least for now…

Looks like some kind of memory leak or buffer overflow triggering the issue after some time of use… Time will tell

So what I did is simply a forced reload of the 1.9.85 mouse software:

- unplug the dongle

- plug the mouse with USB cable

- iCUE latest 3.28.70

- Settings tab, then perform a force load of the 1.9.85 mouse software.

By doing this, mouse gets completly rebooted and restarted, all internal memory seems to be cleaned up

For me after a day of use, no other double click reappeared, but as said, it may come back after some time

It would be interesting to share here your own feedback, if you give it a try

@Corsair: in the meantime, could you please forward this info to devs, I hope this may help troubleshooting

I followed your steps and now it's double clicking 99% of the time and some times triple clicking for some reason

I followed your steps and now it's double clicking 99% of the time and some times triple clicking for some reason

So really confusing indeed

After the reload yesterday, I couldn't get a single double click event, whatever configuration dongle, cable, Bluetooth, or refresh frequency

So really confusing indeed

After the reload yesterday, I couldn't get a single double click event, whatever configuration dongle, cable, Bluetooth, or refresh frequency

Lowering the polling does help about the double clicking only if all you want to do is normal click, holding it will still show the same problem. It's just so hard to understand if its hardware and its just a coincidence since i just recently reinstalled iCUE (updating in the process) or software since there are many others mentioning the update.

Really just waiting on Corsair now...

I have the problem with double clicks too, and it happens with both left and right buttons.

Following my yesterday post, and seeing so many people impacted, I understood the issue was the mouse software 1.9.85, and not hardware (I was about to trash this mouse!)

Surprisingly, I made this mouse update a while back, the issue did not start immediately but after a few weeks of use with no issue (that's why I suspected a HW problem)

But after doing the action explained below, the double click issue seems to have gone! At least for now…

Looks like some kind of memory leak or buffer overflow triggering the issue after some time of use… Time will tell

So what I did is simply a forced reload of the 1.9.85 mouse software:

- unplug the dongle

- plug the mouse with USB cable

- iCUE latest 3.28.70

- Settings tab, then perform a force load of the 1.9.85 mouse software.

By doing this, mouse gets completly rebooted and restarted, all internal memory seems to be cleaned up

For me after a day of use, no other double click reappeared, but as said, it may come back after some time

It would be interesting to share here your own feedback, if you give it a try

@Corsair: in the meantime, could you please forward this info to devs, I hope this may help troubleshooting

I followed the instructions and surprisingly I don't have double clicks on the right button anymore, but on the left it is still there, happens pretty often...

I wonder when Corsair will fix this in a new update?

To have the older driver version please follow the steps below.

1. Open your computer's Control Panel.

2. Open the Programs and Features options.

3. Select Corsair Utility Engine in the list, and then select Uninstall.

4. Open your Start menu and type "Run". Then open the Run option.

5. Type Regedit and then click OK.

6. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine

7. Right-click and delete the folder.

8. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine

9. Right-click and delete the folder.

10. Restart your computer.

11. Download the lower installer file for iCUE from

http://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_3.18.77_release.msi and reinstall.

12. Once finished installing, reboot your computer.

Then just start the update for the mouse. Then the mouse may fail. USB Wireless Receiver Pairing, do this. Again delete the old ICUE software completely according to the instructions above. Install the new ICUE software and do not update the mouse.

Did this twice and it doesn't work. It's been 4 months - why has this not been fixed yet?

I even bought a SECOND Harpoon wireless rgb, thinking mine was broken, but the same thing is happening. Now I'm down an additional $70 AND your mouse is screwing up not only my games, but just about everything else I try to do on a daily basis. I have to try 3-8 times just to open drop-down boxes because of the double clicking. This is ridiculous and a waste of $140!

There is no solution to this problem. Corsair sent me a second mouse. Again, the same problem wanted to send the mouse again. However, I received a refund.

I use Steelseries 650. I am happy with this mouse. But I have a total of 12 Corsair products. Only mouse and headphone Steelseries.

I have the same problem and all the solutions provided have not worked (thank you to all who provided possible solutions though). I only got my mouse and keyboard at christmas and did not expect this from a supposedly quality product. I have this issue with the mouse and the failed update and not connecting through wifi with the K63 smh

I had the same issue for a couple months, it didn't matter what advice I tried it wouldn't go away. Here's an interesting change: I upgraded my computer so I had to reinstall it completely (obviously) and now the double click issue is cured. o.O

This definitely seems to be a software issue at some level.

My old motherboard/processor was a H87M-E with an Intel Core i5-4440, my new is an x570 with an AMD Ryzen 5 3600.

uCUE software version is 3.28.70. Adapter firmware is 1.7.58 and mouse firmware is 1.9.85. Now I am expierecing double-click issue. It appeared after the last update. Hope it will be fixed. Also app itself works very bad, contsantly lagging, have to reset mouse and app few times a day, sometimes in cannot start working again after sleep-mode. Hope it will be fixed, because in another way it is just a waste of money. Pretty disappointed with corsair, to be honest.

The double click issue started for me just a few days ago, I think after I updated the firmware in iQUE app. iQUE software version is 3.28.70. Dongle firmware is 1.7.58 and mouse firmware is 1.9.85.

I tried unistalling iQUE and reinstalling it to 3.22.74 but that did not help.

Does anyone know how to get hold of earlier mouse firmware image? iQue app apparently allows loading a prior version of the Firmware image, but I do not know where to get it from.

@Corsair Nick, the Firmware versions I was having huge problems with was:

Dongle - 1.7.58

Mouse - 1.9.85

I reverted to these older versions at the end of Feb and have had little or no problems since:

Dongle - 0.5.49

Mouse - 0.5.64

To confirm, this was not limited to any specific application but generally would action multiple clicks on one mouse button press regardless of what or where you were clicking - desktop icons, Excel, games etc. etc.

For the record, the trick of reverting to an older iCue did not work for me, only the rollback of firmware.

There have been updates to iCue since but I have not dared to try the latest firmware's (if there are any!) purely to save myself the hassle as the old ones appear to be working.

------------------------

This post by AndyCubb earlier in this thread seems to work for me also. It is just a temporary work around until Corsair support fixes the mouse and dongle firmware. It is my opinion (and should be obvious to Corsair although it may not be easily fixed) that the double click problem is caused by the recent firmware updates. Replacing the actual physical mouse or dongle likely will not solve my issue with the double clicks, based on the fact that when I (and others) rollback to a legacy firmware, the double click issue dissolves away. I am sure that Corsair is trying to correct this with a high priority since, based on the many forum posts, it is not restricted to just the Harpoon mice.

Legacy Harpoon firmware:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h2qskaftkmit98u/Harpoon%20Wireless%20-%20Dongle%20FW%200.5.49%20-%20Mouse%20FW%200.5.64%20%282%29.zip?dl=0

I had the same issue for a couple months, it didn't matter what advice I tried it wouldn't go away. Here's an interesting change: I upgraded my computer so I had to reinstall it completely (obviously) and now the double click issue is cured. o.O

This definitely seems to be a software issue at some level.

My old motherboard/processor was a H87M-E with an Intel Core i5-4440, my new is an x570 with an AMD Ryzen 5 3600.

...aaaand it's back! So, there seem to be an issue that is triggered by a bug somewhere in the drivers or firmware. Could it be related to the driver installing multiple instances of the mouse? I mean, it sounds plausible that the double click is simply the driver registering the click more than once from virtual devices...

OCFuYaW.png

• Like 1

...aaaand it's back! So, there seem to be an issue that is triggered by a bug somewhere in the drivers or firmware. Could it be related to the driver installing multiple instances of the mouse? I mean, it sounds plausible that the double click is simply the driver registering the click more than once from virtual devices…

Had the same situation, and reseting the mouse (R+L buttons down + OFF->ON + wait 5s) makes the issue disappear for a few days, then it comes back

I noticed also the multi-mouse HID in the device manager with iCUE (? dunno why) but it used to work fine like that before, with older mouse and iCUE software

I noticed also that after uninstalling iCUE software, and just using the mouse **without** iCUE, I get less often the Double Click

I've got the same situation myself, when I first bought the mouse it was fine and I didn't have any issue with the double clicking. Then after updating the issue started happening, I'm getting REALLY sick and tired of stupid and annoying bugs in the software. I've experienced a lot of other annoying issues in the past they need to re-vamp the software from the ground up at this point.

Just an update to say that this certainly has NOT been solved.

I've been running the old firmware without problem since my post some months ago. A few days ago I updated to latest f/w available to give it a try and straight away double-clicks were apparent. A re-downgrade to the old f/w and disappeared again.

To add, my wifes mouse had been working with only intermittent double clicks on an f/w from around December but suddenly ramped up the frequency in the last week or so - curiously without a f/w upgrade or anything! A downgrade to the old 0.5* f/w instantly fixed it.

To confirm, I have not uninstalled, reinstalled or fiddled with the iCue software on either of the machines, only the mouse/dongle firmwares.

As a reminder, the old f/w can be found at the link below - with thanks to @SlugMan for providing it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h2qskaftkm...82%29.zip?dl=0