Corsair Community

LL120 Fans RGB keeps Freezing

The Red Duke

I just ran into this problem with my fans whenever I start playing games my fans freeze up. They become unresponsive but it doesn't happen right away it usually takes a few minutes into a game when it starts. The problem seems to fix itself when I exit the game though. I've updated everything on iCue, BIOS is up to date, I've tried changing out the fan position on the lighting node, but nothing seems to work. This only started recently after I overclocked my CPU i followed Gigabytes overclock guide and I think it has to do with that. This only seems to happen with 4 out of my 6 fans. Edited by The Red Duke

I just ran into this problem with my fans whenever I start playing games my fans freeze up. They become unresponsive but it doesn't happen right away it usually takes a few minutes into a game when it starts. The problem seems to fix itself when I exit the game though. I've updated everything on iCue, BIOS is up to date, I've tried changing out the fan position on the lighting node, but nothing seems to work. This only started recently after I overclocked my CPU i followed Gigabytes overclock guide and I think it has to do with that. This only seems to happen with 4 out of my 6 fans.

I've been having the same issue. Seems like whenever my GPU is loaded, the LL fans will go nuts at random. The LED strip that's also connected to my Lighting Node Pro always works fine. It's just the fans. I've tried a bunch of stuff, and some stuff seemed to work, until it didn't. I would also LOVE some sort of answer or fix.

The problem was with first 3 fans on the connector fans 1.2.3,, its flashing and flickering other rgb lights that i dont set, then i updated my commander and my icue to last update. The problem happen now with fan 5 and 6 its stuck and freeze for some seconds and back work again with some on/off of light in fan 6 only.. anybody please tell me what happened to my fans

I may have found a cure. I've been testing it for over 2 hours now and nothing has happened yet. So give this a try and see if it fixes your problems:

In Task Manager, on the Details tab, you'll see something called Corsair.Service.DisplayAdapter.exe. I have no idea what this does. If you stop this service, it will just immediately start again. What I did was find the directory that this file is stored in (Right-click, Open file location), close iCue, delete/rename/move this file, then restart iCue. Now this no longer shows in Task Manager, and iCue seems to be running normally.

As I've already stated, I have no idea what this does, or what the effects of deleting it are. All I know is that all my lights are working properly now, and I haven't seen any ill effects yet. I don't know for certain if I actually fixed anything, so I will continue to monitor my fans and I'll report back if it messes up again.

I'm assuming this program/service/whatever is causing the issue, since my fan lights only screw up when there's a GPU load (such as during game play or benchmarks).

If anyone else tries this, please post your results! And if any Corsair employees read this, please post with some insight! What does Corsair.Service.DisplayAdapter.exe do???

I may have found a cure. I've been testing it for over 2 hours now and nothing has happened yet. So give this a try and see if it fixes your problems:

In Task Manager, on the Details tab, you'll see something called Corsair.Service.DisplayAdapter.exe. I have no idea what this does. If you stop this service, it will just immediately start again. What I did was find the directory that this file is stored in (Right-click, Open file location), close iCue, delete/rename/move this file, then restart iCue. Now this no longer shows in Task Manager, and iCue seems to be running normally.

As I've already stated, I have no idea what this does, or what the effects of deleting it are. All I know is that all my lights are working properly now, and I haven't seen any ill effects yet. I don't know for certain if I actually fixed anything, so I will continue to monitor my fans and I'll report back if it messes up again.

I'm assuming this program/service/whatever is causing the issue, since my fan lights only screw up when there's a GPU load (such as during game play or benchmarks).

If anyone else tries this, please post your results! And if any Corsair employees read this, please post with some insight! What does Corsair.Service.DisplayAdapter.exe do???

Just gave it a try and it seems that it worked but it took a while for the lights to start working again probably around 3 minutes. Ill give it a test run and see if it stays like this and keep you updated.

okay I've had a chance to test this fix out for the past few days with some mix results. For the most part it seems to have worked, but the problem does pop up again when running a cpu stress test.

I haven't seen any more issues on my end. I have run a few CPU intensive things recently, but didn't see any problems. But yeah, I don't really understand what makes the fans go nuts, or what that Corsair service does. I'm still hoping a Corsair employee will chime in someday.