Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Gaming Chairs

Notices

Old 03-11-2020, 03:31 AM
I Fight For The Users
Dicehunter's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1037494
Dicehunter Reputation: 16
Default Chair Nearly Broke My Neck

I went to sit on my Corsair T2 chair on Sunday the 9th of March, Upon sitting down the whole base came away, I fell backwards and for a moment I thought I nearly broke my neck as I fell backwards at an angle against the wall, There was a very painful cracking feeling, I weigh 95KG so I know I am not over the weight limit for the chair which is 135KG.

I went to the hospital as I had immense pain in my neck afterwards, Which I still have now, And found out I severely strained my neck and won't be able to fully look left, Right, Up or down for a few weeks until I heal.

Upon further inspection of the chair, Which by the way is only over a year old, It seems the metal is very brittle and low quality, Rather disappointing considering this cost £300.

I've tried to disconnect the wheel part from the stem that snapped off but it seems it is on there to stay so I'd need a new wheel base, Stem and under part that bolts onto the chair.

Pictures for reference and I also made a support ticket last Sunday which has not been answered, Ticket number is - #2001058695

Last edited by Dicehunter; 03-11-2020 at 05:09 AM.
Old 03-11-2020, 05:45 AM

POST ID # = 1037497
LittleSosaMusic Reputation: 10

That's heartbreaking. Hoping for your fast recovery.
Old 03-25-2020, 11:14 AM
Sly870's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1038795
Sly870 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
I went to sit on my Corsair T2 chair on Sunday the 9th of March, Upon sitting down the whole base came away, I fell backwards and for a moment I thought I nearly broke my neck as I fell backwards at an angle against the wall, There was a very painful cracking feeling, I weigh 95KG so I know I am not over the weight limit for the chair which is 135KG.

I went to the hospital as I had immense pain in my neck afterwards, Which I still have now, And found out I severely strained my neck and won't be able to fully look left, Right, Up or down for a few weeks until I heal.

Upon further inspection of the chair, Which by the way is only over a year old, It seems the metal is very brittle and low quality, Rather disappointing considering this cost £300.

I've tried to disconnect the wheel part from the stem that snapped off but it seems it is on there to stay so I'd need a new wheel base, Stem and under part that bolts onto the chair.

Pictures for reference and I also made a support ticket last Sunday which has not been answered, Ticket number is - #2001058695

Have you had a reply from Corsair bud?