The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-24-2020, 07:41 AM

POST ID # = 1038655
Wilem Reputation: 10
Default Virtuoso unmuting itself

Hi, just got Virtuoso SE, connected via USB. Everything's working, except when I press the mute button, the mic turns red but goes back green in about 5 seconds. Pretty sure this isn't how mute is supposed to work. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks.

Update: Noticed it's happening only when Cisco Webex Mettings is running (not in a meeting though). Also noticed while Webex is running, the Windows white mic icon in the system tray is going on and off. Like it's blinking. At about the same rate as the mic getting unmuted. So I think it's Webex unmuting the mic somehow... but this shouldn't be possible? If I manually mute the mic, the software shouldn't be able to unmute it by itself and start recording. I should be the one controlling the mute, especially when it comes from the physical headset button.

Last edited by Wilem; 03-24-2020 at 07:44 AM.

Old 03-24-2020, 09:43 PM

POST ID # = 1038749
Wake Reputation: 10

If it's a purely software only mute button, then Webex has probably no issue unmuting. Might want to look into settings of Webex or ask their support for a way to disable that behaviour.

The Virtuoso's isn't a hardware switch that disconnects all audio signals of the mic like others have while the software still thinks it's on, it also probably needs it to be in software for the LED to change to the right color and to play the announcer voice according to the current status.