Corsair Community

HS70 headset mic won't unmute

eplossl

I am having an issue with my HS70 mic not unmuting. If I plug the dongle into my home desktop machine, the mute button works correctly. Everything there seems to work just fine.

However, when I plug the dongle into my work laptop, the headset will work properly until I press the mute button the first time. The first time I press the button, it'll mute the headset. However, if I press the button again, although the iCue software shows that the headset goes from muted to unmuted, but the voice/beep doesn't state that the headset unmuted and Windows cannot hear any audio from the mic.

I have tried unplugging the dongle and replugging it, uninstalling the drivers and the iCue software and reinstalling, and power cycling the headset and the computer. None of that seems to work. I have also verified that the headset is fully charged and the Human Interface Service is running.

The only thing that seems to work is to move the headset dongle to the other computer, make sure the headset connects, then unmute it (so that it says that it has unmuted). I can then move the headset back to the impacted machine and it'll work until I press the mute button again.

So I updated the version of the software on my home computer the other day, while trying to troubleshoot this issue on my work machine. Now my home computer won't unmute the mic when I press the button anymore. This leads me to the suspicion that the problem is in some version of the software on or around 3.25.60.

I'm including the system info and logs export available via the application.

Home headset.zip

I am having the same problem, it just started yesterday. If I unplug the dongle from my laptop it makes the mute/unmute beep sounds when I press the button, but if my dongle is inserted it auto-mutes the mic and I cannot unmute it. According to the iCUE app, it is being muted and unmuted when I press the button, but it does not make the beep sound and doesn't actually transmit sound when I talk (using discord). Pls help.

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same problem with my void elite USB. We seem to all be having this issue around the same time. It's certainly a problem with a recent update.

My headset works on my desktop, but not on my work laptop. I bought this headset specifically so I could use it on both computers. Have a comfortable headset for work and a nice headset for gaming. I bought it less than a month ago. Never had this problem with a razor headset smh.