The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software > iCUE Profiles

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-11-2020, 06:19 PM
HiTach's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1037536
HiTach Reputation: 10
Default How to mix profiles - eg copy kb to lighting profile

Greetings,
New to this, I have created a custom profile in iCue for my K95 Keyboard, and have separately created lighting profiles.

I want to copy the KB profile portion to the profile with the customized lighting.

Any way to do this? Or do I have to recreate one of the custom profiles in the other by hand?

What is type of copying called? Profile mixing?
Old 03-11-2020, 07:12 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1037538
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107

I assume you are saying you created a lighting profile in your HW profile to save to the device (K95P HW1-3) and want to do the same thing in the normal software profile.

Your software profiles are more than just lighting and contain a lot of different aspects. You cannot blanket copy a HW profile into a software profile. They have different rules and HW profiles have some restrictions to make sure they run properly from the device alone. However, you can copy individual lighting effects by using the Lighting Library. The Library is really just a clipboard. Use the tools to "copy to library" or drag it there. Then open the software profile and drag into the new place. You must do this one effect at a time, but then there are clear limits to how complicated you can make a HW profile.
Old 03-11-2020, 10:41 PM
HiTach's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1037547

Thanks for the reply,

I have both hardware profiles [1,2,3] and software profiles for my K95.
The settings I want to copy are in a software profile.

I would like to copy the K95 settings for one software profile (I'll call this the KB profile) to another profile which has complicated Lighting settings, I'll call this the FAN profile.

I can drag the KB lighting settings one by one into the Lightings Library.
I cannot drag them from the library to the other profile, they just don't drop in the Lighting Effects list.

I CAN make a copy of each effect using the COPY to Library icon in the Lightings library while in the KB profile, then I CAN Copy to Lighting Effects List in the FAN profile, however, they do not overlay in the same way, as the selected key mask is not copied.

I'm sure I'm not the first person to want to do this, and appreciate any help.
Old 03-12-2020, 06:07 PM
HiTach's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1037594

So, I took a screen shot of the keyboard colors, and found the same procedure worked. I could copy the Lighting and Actions from the old profiles into the Lighting and Action libraries, and then drag the copies into the Lighting and Action lists for the new profile.
The key mask was wrong, but I used the image to remind me exactly how I had re-colored the individual keys, and went back and forth between profiles to match the actions.
Tedious, and surprising, but at least the functionality was there for me to shorten the process.
I saved the profiles to disk for safe keeping.