The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Hydro X Custom Cooling

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-05-2020, 05:48 PM
GamerCat97's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1036955
GamerCat97 Reputation: 10
Default Hydro X Configurator not selecting XD5

So I will be getting a new PC and have thought of making a custom loop with Hydro X. I will be using the Evolv X case from Phanteks, but I selected the 500D RGB SE because Corsair doesn’t yet have a model for the Evolv X. So I made a configuration, went to the modeling and it spits out a 54mm radiator thickness (which is fine) but then has the new XD3 pump. That’s good and all, but I want the XD5 and a 33mm 360mm radiator and I can’t change the pump! Like, I click on the pump section and I can’t change it to a XD5 pump. And I’ve done this configuration before (3700X and a 2080 Super) and I forgot the price but now I don’t know how to get my XD5 configuration back.

Is there a way to fix this? Can I just swap out the pumps in the cart (I have clearance) and be good to go? And also Corsair should add the option to change the pump/res for those who want a big one like me.
Old 03-06-2020, 04:16 AM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 1036991
Corsair GregX Reputation: 10

Hi,

To design your loop, you should use the case in which you plan to build. Even if the Evolv X does not have a 3D render available, the compatibility check was done at the highest possible level and accounts possibilities of the targeted case model.

If the configurator does not allow to change out the pump it means that there is not enough clearance to install everything. Usually, the limiting factor is the length of the graphics card.
Could you let me know the exact configuration you are using? You can use the copy configuration link feature on the configuration overview step.

Tags
configurator, pump, xd5