Corsair Community

(K95) Macros stop working on restart

007.SirBond

My some reason after several months of use. My macros stopped working. One of my ram sticks was failing, so I figured I had some memory problems that caused my macros to stop working. I took out the faulty ram card and reinstalled CUE following the FAQ on the Unofficial FAQ and Quick Fix Guide found here: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=138472

After I reinstall CUE, my macros work again. But after I turn my PC off or restart it, the macros stop working again. I'd really like to not have to uninstall, delete data app files, and clean my registry every time just to get working Macros for a single session.

I don't know how to fix this problem. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: I thought I found the solution. I was wrong, it wasn't the Logitech drivers interfering. Theres a problem either with my USB ports or CUE. I need help from Corsair's support team. Will update this thread for others after fixing the issue

My issue is similar to another fellow who created a thread here:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=155288

I've unchecked "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" in the power management tab of every single USB controller in my Device Manager. I did the same for my HID.

It doesn't fix anything. Im tired of reinstalling and trying to fix this. Tomorrow I will contact technical support.

Yes I have tried both options. I updated my bios, no change. I tried different ports. No change. I cannot get the Corsair composite virtual input device to show up in the HID of my device manager.

I'm currently waiting for corsair support to get back to me after submitting my DxDiag.txt for anayalsis

I found a temporarly solutiont that allows me to use my macros again.

Rather than posting multiple threads. I will only post it in this thread as the main problem is getting corsair composite virtual input device to work as connected under Human Interface Devices of the Device Manager.

The only way to get your macros working is to make sure both corsair composite virtual input device under the HID tab and corsair Bus under the system devices tab have both of them show up as connected.

The temporarly solution to get your macros working is here:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost.php?p=913925&postcount=18

Please note that restarting your computer, repairing or reinstalling will again have this problem of corsair composite virtual input device not showing up. You have to repeat the process to get it working. At least for me. Waiting on a actual fix from corsair as this problem is entirely with the CUE application not doing its function with device manager properly.

Archived