Corsair Community

K83 bugs - native Win10 touchpad scroll inverting not working / drag&drop not working

Hello all,

I just started to use my brand new K83 with Windows 10. I'm using the newest firmware and the current release of iCUE. So far I like this keyboard very much but I have the following issue:

The touchpad can be configured through the native windows 10 touchpad settings or through iCUE. The native win10 gesture settings are all working fine except the option of inverting the scrolling direction. Changing the setting to "Downwards motion scrolls up" or "Downwards motion scrolls down" does not change the scrolling direction.

I tried to circumvent this issue by activating the iCUE function "Enable Gesture Customization" and set the scroll direction manually. This solved the problem but led to another problem. When gesture customization is active I no longer can doubble tap and hold the touchpad to drag things (e.g. move a file in explorer to another folder with drag&drop).

I hope you can fix these two bugs in future iCUE releases. Thanks in advance!

I've added a DxDiag.txt with my system spec, just in case

DxDiag.txt

• 1 month later...

Just got my hand on the K83 keyboard, updated to the latest version of icue 3.22.74 and last internal firmware 3.24, and have the same issues !

Scrolling down in option choice doesnt work in windows panel. All default Windows gesture as well..... Please help me or find a fix !!!

Just got my hand on the K83 keyboard, updated to the latest version of icue 3.22.74 and last internal firmware 3.24, and have the same issues !

Scrolling down in option choice doesnt work in windows panel. All default Windows gesture as well..... Please help me or find a fix !!!

Same here, I am running win10 build 18363. The k83 does not respond to any change in the windows touchpad settings, not even the cursor speed setting. It did before updating the firmware, so I think the v3.24 firmware breaks it.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi, I recently bought this keyboard, with the issue of drag and dropping I must use a mouse. The only way to do drag and drop with this keyboard is by using the left button below the keyboard, but it's not intuitive and fast. Very inconvinient for game and work in a daily basis. I want to be able to do it with the touchpad but it doesn't work!!!!

Any news:evil::sigh!::[pouts:

I have the same issue and will be returning the keyboard.

Do Corsair ever reply in the forums?

I'm raising a support case now:

It appears I can't set my touchpad on my K83 to scroll down when I swipe down.

Here's what I've learned.

[1] Keyboard updated to latest firmware 3.86 I think.

[2] Connect keyboard using Wireless dongle - do not install ICUE.

Keyboard seems to scroll as expected.

[3] Install ICUE 3.37.140 touchpad always scrolls up when you swipe down 2 fingers.

[4] Use custom gestures - redefine 2 finger swipe down to mouse scroll down - good.

BUT - you cannot define touchpad one tap to be mouse left click. It never sends the mouse click!!

[5] Un-install iCUE, keyboard still does not respond to control panel options to change scroll direction.

So I can either have scrolling in the right direction with custom gestures and no mouse click when I touch the touchpad OR scrolling in reverse if I don't use custom gestures.

I contacted Corsair support about this who say this is not a known issue ...

"Sorry to hear that. The touchpad gestures are tied to Windows touchpad gestures. So, the steps I suggested was to determine if the cause was iCUE or just simply Windows. If it was hardware-related, a soft reset on the keyboard might've helped. Those worked for most users, at least. It's also not a known issue, otherwise, a fix would've been rolled out on an iCUE or firmware update months ago. "

• 9 months later...

Regarding the inability to change the inverted scrolling:

I opened a support case and am awaiting a response. With that said, this extremely annoying omission by Corsair can be worked around. Don't follow these steps unless you know how to safely edit the Windows registry.

Workaround:

1. Open the registry editor

2. Search through the registry for FlipFlop

3. Change all (alternately, you could try to identify which HID device specifically is your K83 touch pad) instances of FlipFlopScroll and FlipFlopWheel from 0 to 1

4. Reboot

Edited by idiotcustomer

More detailed set of steps:

As of this time, there are no problems I'm seeing with drag and drop. Regarding the inability to change the inverted scrolling:

I opened a support case and am awaiting a response. With that said, this extremely annoying omission by Corsair can be worked around. Don't follow these steps unless you know how to safely edit the Windows registry.

Workaround:

1. Open the registry editor

2. Search through the registry for the phrase FlipFlop

3. Change all instances of FlipFlopScroll and FlipFlopWheel from 0 to 1

4. Repeat step 2 and 3 until the search feature wraps around to the first instance of FlipFlop (which should be 1 for the FlipFlop items at this point). Alternately, you could try to identify which HID device specifically is your K83 touch pad and change the FlipFlop items for only that one. Too much effort for me though.

5. Reboot

• 1 month later...

I have the same issues with this keyboard as well.
By the looks of it the keyboard has sadly been abandoned. It's no longer on sale and recent versions of iCUE mention that functionality has only been partly implemented.

In general I still kinda like it apart from two majoy issues. The first is that about half of the times when I do two finger scrolling instead of scrolling as expected it scrolls extremely fast, even with only a small movement. I find myself at the complete other end of a page all the time and it's very annoying. Especially since you never know when this might happen. Sadly there are no options for sensitivity or acceleration available and it seems to ignore windows settings, like inverted scrolling.
It feels a but like Windows and iCUE are fighting over who has control over the device. Sometimes it randomly switches scrolling direction and a reboot fixes this.

The other, less intrusive, issue is that F-lock only works while iCUE is running. I use the F keys a LOT and it's kind of annoying to have to run this software just to get it to lock to F keys correctly.