Corsair Community

iCue reporting strange numbers for CPU Fan

ianmit

Hi Team,

1. On ASUS Maximus XI Extreme, I have Corsair X1000i and H115 RGB Pro connected to CPU fan header. iCue is reporting Fan #1 (CPU Fan?) RPM's in 4000's and H115 pump in 2000's.

What is the Fan #1 reading? There isn't a CPU fan, only the H115. Why in the 4000's? If reading Pump why not in 2000's?

2. iCue is reporting 2 fans instead of 3 for ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

3. iCue showing one fan for three Front Antec fans, maybe because connected to Rad 1A, Rad 1B, Rad 1C on motherboard?

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

Ian

icue log.zip

1)The prior generation Asetek partner coolers would display half the pump speed. If it is displaying erratic or doubled up values, it is likely a software reading problem. Make sure you have set the CPU Fan header to "disbaled" (Adv. BIOS) or "Full Speed" in QFan EZ-BIOS. Both of those settings will prevent the motherboard from attempting to control a device with no control wires. The other thing to be aware of is the interaction between other monitoring programs and iCUE. This is a typical result when you run AIDA or HWiNFO at the same time as iCUE. The pump speed in the cooler panel is accurate. The CPU fan reading irrelevant, but annoying all the same.

2) CUE 3 does not read 3 GPU fans for anyone, but there is also the question of whether your GPU really has 3 independent fan headers on the GPU, or fans 2/3 have an onboard splitter (possible in circuit form). Rather than rip apart your GPU to find out, load up MSI Afterburner and see how many fans it shows. To my knowledge, all the Asus models are "2 fan headers".

3) Good chance this is the same for the front fans. If they are running from a fan hub or splitter, it will only see a 1 fan for the bunch. I don't recognize the "1A, 1B, 1C" terminology for Asus. Are these connected to a case power control unit?

Hi c-attack,

Thank you for your reply

1. In QFAN I set the CPU fan header to full speed. I didn’t find the disable in adv BIOS.

Still the discrepancy between CPU pump speed from mother board vs H115 panes, see attached pic. By prior generation you dont mean H115 old tech?

I suppose I can live with it, but it doesn’t give much confidence in the reported data. Maybe I should report as a bug? So the actual pump speed from H115 pane is correct ?

2. MSI afterburner shows 2 fans also, so your suggestion seems correct.

3. RAD1A_FAN, RAD1B_FAN, RAD1C_FAN are 4 pin fan headers on the motherboard, directly connected to Front Antec fans. On reflection I am happy to see them as a single item.

Cheers

Ian

676013075_icuefanspeeds.thumb.jpg.061297fb9a9ee2d5cedb83d015b85136.jpg