Corsair Community

ML 120 LED Fans Not Compatible With iCUE?

NotoriouS1626866422

Was getting ready to pull the trigger on 7 ML 120 fans in the Red LED for my case and right at the last minute i saw they are not compatible with icue, what??

I was going to connect them to a commander pro i bought so i could control the fan speed. I just wanted to verify these fans will not work with the commander pro/icue in order to control fan speed and set custom fan curves.

If true, its back to the drawing board.

The single color ML120 PRO LED (red/white/blue) fans are an older model predating the descent into RGB insanity. There is nothing to control other than fan speed and so it is is a single PWM control like most people are used to. No hubs, lighting controllers, or separate SATA power delivery. It is a normal PWM fan, so it will respond to normal fan control through a Commander Pro or other cooler fan controller.

In its time, it was actually something new and it was one fo the first PWM LED fans suitable for radiator or other restricted use. No more dimming with voltage/speed control like all the DC LED fans. However, unless you are committed to one color and one color only, most people will gravitate toward the ML-RGB. In it's favor, the LED models use clear blades versus opaque and have a translucent appearance. I still prefer my white ML-LED for white over all my ML-RGB with grey blades.

Oh ok cool, as long as i can control the fan speed through commander pro im set. I just wanted to be sure. I use 3 of the RED ML 120's on my h150i Pro. My build is a Red & Black theme so RED is all i need. Plus the PMW gives simplicity and a bit cheaper option than say a LL 120 RGB fan etc.

Thank You for clarifying.