Corsair Community

CPU Package Temp Inflated Readings with Ryzen 1700X

androofoo

Comparing the CPU Package (node 0) on the newest Corsair Link (4.8.2.1) and HWMonitor, the Corsair Link is showing +20 C higher than HWMonitor.

The issue I have is that I have my H110i fans are grouped with the CPU Package temp, but since it shows +20 C higher, my fans are turning on prematurely. The fan gets super loud, when in reality the CPU is a lot cooler than Corsair Link is showing.

Possible remedy? If I group up my fans with the H110i Temp, is that pretty accurate with the CPU package temp?

http://i.imgur.com/T3Rd1ln.jpg

what i did for my ryzen system is that i decided to base my fanspeed based on the watertemp. to find the fancurve i wanted i ran prime 95 while i had other programs monitoring my cpu temp so that i would never exceed 60 degrees celcius.

After my custom setup my fans run really low (550rpm) when computer sits idle.

All Ryzen X chips intentionally add 20C to the reported temps for some strange reason best known to AMD. Most temperature monitoring apps remove it as per AMD's guidelines but Corsair Link still reports the false higher temp

Come on Corsair, please remove the delta or let us set a delta

what i did for my ryzen system is that i decided to base my fanspeed based on the watertemp. to find the fancurve i wanted i ran prime 95 while i had other programs monitoring my cpu temp so that i would never exceed 60 degrees celcius.

After my custom setup my fans run really low (550rpm) when computer sits idle.

So basically...I can run a stress test and read my water temp in relation to what the CPU package temp is in HWMonitor. And whatever temp my water is when my CPU package is, let's say 85 degrees, I can set it to 100% fan. Something like that?

All Ryzen X chips intentionally add 20C to the reported temps for some strange reason best known to AMD. Most temperature monitoring apps remove it as per AMD's guidelines but Corsair Link still reports the false higher temp

Come on Corsair, please remove the delta or let us set a delta

Yea I noticed HWMonitor made an update with the correct temp. Corsair please update!

I've waffled on this because I believe some motherboard vendors are accounting for this with BIOS updates, but I'm not certain.

I'm putting in a request to have a toggle added to temperature configuration for X-suffixed AMD processors.

That would be amazing. :biggrin:

It does take us a little while to put new builds out. We implement a series of fixes, release a build internally, regression test it, then release it. This takes time.

The fix IS coming.

Corsair has released at least 3 new builds since Ryzen released in March yet no fix. This has been a known flaw in the Link software almost from the day Ryzen 1800x and 1700x released. Your excuse is just that an excuse and frankly not a very good one.

• Corsair Employee

We debated adding the offset for a while. At the time it was believed that motherboard vendors were going to be accounting for it in their BIOSes by default. Then they didn't.

We use CPUID SDK for our temperature readings. The offset has only recently been baked in, and that, in turn, will be added to an upcoming release.

Corsair has released at least 3 new builds since Ryzen released in March yet no fix. This has been a known flaw in the Link software almost from the day Ryzen 1800x and 1700x released. Your excuse is just that an excuse and frankly not a very good one.

takes time to code the stuff and test it on multiple boards and cpus, then throw in that some MB's already remove the offset and you end up with a change that takes extra time since they have to account for that.

Great googly moogly, I laughed when I saw this cause I saw my reported temps on CL and nearly gasped. It shows 50s-60s for CPU temp but on CPUID it shows, 30-32. I was going to leave a piece of bread on top of my case lol to see if I get toast.

• 4 weeks later...
It's weird. Ryzen has a 20C offset and Threadripper has a 27C offset. We have the fix planned for a future release. It's not showing the temperatures completely incorrectly, it's just the way AMD reports them in the first place. ;)

Thanks for updating us. Patiently waiting for the update. Corsair FTW.

Archived