Corsair Community

Glaive loose left and right click buttons

Westonian

Hey all. Recently purchased a Glaive on Amazon, upgraded from my Sabre RGB. I love the mouse, however the first one I got had a lot of play on the left mouse button click (you could wiggle the button up and down without actually clicking) and there was a hard click after pressing down firmly, as if part of the button was being caught on something and came off of it and slammed down. Upon research I decided to return it to Amazon and just go get one from Best Buy. I tested the one on display and it did none of the things the one I had did. Bought a brand new one, this time both buttons have play and wriggle freely and the left mouse button has that same weird issue when you press down firmly on it. Should I take this one back and get yet another one? Or is this to be expected of this mouse? If so, I'm disappointed. But from what I've heard from other users, their buttons are firmly in place.

I can't say I've sampled several dozen, however my Glaive (from Amazon on release day) has two good switches. They are tighter than either of my M65 RGB Laser or Pro models and the side buttons also have a definite and smooth actuation. There have been a couple of other complaints specifically related to loose left/right buttons, but I am not sure what kind of conclusions can be drawn from that. It seems unfortunate to get two in a row, but it is still too soon to make declarations about manufacturing issues. Mine is definitely a quality mouse and has the best feel of any of the 4 models I cycle through.

Perhaps you should contact Corsair directly through the Tech Support website. Ordering another from Amazon would likely be quick, but perhaps dealing with Corsair directly might ensure the product is examined before being shipped out.

• 3 months later...

I just got a Glaive yesterday and my left click button has this same issue. It has a lot of play/travel, you can move it up and down without clicking, and if you press hard it sort of catches on something and sticks.

The right button is totally fine.

I had a Scimitar RGB before with the same issue on the left click as well. I returned that one.

This seems to be something that's expected with these mice, a small room for imperfection in the manufacturing process. It is a bit disappointing though, it's pretty annoying for an expensive mouse to have a rattly/noisy left click button. I'll most likely be returning the Glaive for this reason.

Archived