Corsair Community

Question on connecting 9 RGB fans, 2 RGB strips and an AIO with RGB

kmarshak

I'm working on a new build and there's really no other way to say it; I'm an RBG lover.

I'm planning on having:

• 9 LL120 RGB Fans
  • 2 LED Strips; one for my GPU backplate and one for my gpu support
  • 1 H150i Pro AIO Cooler

Since I obviously can't connect that many fans to my mobo, I'm planning on using the Corsair Commander Pro to consolidate a number of these items.

I plan on using one Commander Pro to control 6 fans and a second to control the remaining three. If needed, I can also run the two LED strips from the 2nd Commander but they are from the Lighting Node Pro kit so if there are sufficient mobo connections, I might make those stand alones.

I should be able to connect the H150i directly to the mobo as the mobo I'm using has dedicated AIO connectors but I can also connect it to the Commander.

My question is in regards to the Commander Pro. The product listing on Corsairs website lists is as a "Lighting and Fan Speed Controller." To me this means that this will allow me to control fan speed and lighting right from this one device so just hook up 6 fans and connect it to my mobo and I'm golden but now that I'm looking at it, I kind of think that the "lighting" refers to the two separate LED connections.

In a few videos I have seen mentioned the need to use the Corsair RBG Fan LED Hub with each Commander Pro as well. In these videos the instructions are to connect the PWM cord to the Commander and the LED cord to the RBG Fan LED hub.

So which is it? Do I need just the Commander Pro or do I also need the RGB Fan LED hub as well? That's what it shows in the video with Dimitri from hardwarecanucks on the product page and yet install guide for the Commander Pro makes no mention of the RGB Fan LED hub so I just wanted to confirm which it is.

As for actual connections, on the first Commander Pro I could have 6 LL120 Fans, 2 LED Strips, the H150i Pro AIO, and 4 temp sensors. On the other Commander Pro I would have the remaining 3 fans and room to expand if needed.

Does that sound about right?

Thanks.

Have you checked out the RGB FAQ yet? It includes setup diagrams and a whole wealth of information. Link below if you haven't.

RGB Hardware and FAQ

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

Additionally, for your setup, the following should work:

Commander Pro (One)

- Additional RGB Hub controlling 6 x LL120's

- 2 x LED Strips Linked

- 6 x Fan speeds controlled via PWM

Commander Pro (Two)

- Additional RGB Hub controlling 3 x LL120's

- 3 x Fan speeds controlled via PWM

Edited by Johnny_B500
  • Confused 1

Have you checked out the RGB FAQ yet? It includes setup diagrams and a whole wealth of information. Link below if you haven't.

RGB Hardware and FAQ

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

Additionally, for your setup, the following should work:

Commander Pro (One)

- Additional RGB Hub controlling 6 x LL120's

- 2 x LED Strips Linked

- 6 x Fan speeds controlled via PWM

Commander Pro (Two)

- Additional RGB Hub controlling 3 x LL120's

- 3 x Fan speeds controlled via PWM

I did not actually. I must have gone right past it. Thanks so much. This is exactly what I was looking for.