Corsair Community

Corsair Force GT 120 GB Freezing!

Artimes

Hello, I've been searching the forum for a while now, but I still have'nt come across a topic that have had the answer to my problem.

I purchased a Force GT SATA3 120GB Drive the other day, among the rest of my new computers components, and It all worked well for 1 hour or so. Then I noticed that the computer started to "hang". We tried numeral fixes from BIOS tweaks to replaceing cables and changing ports, still I got the same problem.

Then it seemed like the freezing became more and more rapid, and after a while (4-5 hours maybe), the system couldnt even find the drive anymore. It was completly dead. Tried the disc in another PC, but It could'nt detect it either.

I sendt the disc back, and got my new disc today! And once again, it worked well for max 1 hour. Now it is starting to freeze again! And I have turned my computer off untill I get some good advice on how to solve this problem, as I dont feel like waiting another 3 weeks for a new disc to arive!

Please help me, I really need this computer up and running! :[pouts:

Hello, I've been searching the forum for a while now, but I still have'nt come across a topic that have had the answer to my problem.

I purchased a Force GT SATA3 120GB Drive the other day, among the rest of my new computers components, and It all worked well for 1 hour or so. Then I noticed that the computer started to "hang". We tried numeral fixes from BIOS tweaks to replaceing cables and changing ports, still I got the same problem.

Then it seemed like the freezing became more and more rapid, and after a while (4-5 hours maybe), the system couldnt even find the drive anymore. It was completly dead. Tried the disc in another PC, but It could'nt detect it either.

I sendt the disc back, and got my new disc today! And once again, it worked well for max 1 hour. Now it is starting to freeze again! And I have turned my computer off untill I get some good advice on how to solve this problem, as I dont feel like waiting another 3 weeks for a new disc to arive!

Please help me, I really need this computer up and running! :[pouts:

Try the LPM fix, just make sure you have the latest IRST driver installed.

How to fix your SSD freezing issue (we hope!)

Hi

I got a replacement drive of the newer series, but not I have more problems than before. The computer freezes up from time to time half of the times I get BSOD.

Is this the same issue that is described in this thread or is mine different from my description.

Before I got the replacement drive I had my old SSD which is an Intel 80GB G2, and I have no issues whatsoever!

• 3 years later...

Hy,

I have 2 force gt 120, and had the same problem until i updated ahci driver...

I now use : amd-catalyst-omega-14.12-sb-sata-ahci-win8.1-win7 .

I can't remember where i got it from but a google search can find it i think.

I have Amd cpu

Hope it fixes for you guys aswell.

(i pulled some hair finding a fix that worked)

Prior to updating the drivers i even tried lpm. but no fix ( maybe i had no irst)

Archived