Corsair Community

Regarding corsair AX1600i

Jason9x

I want to know four screw mounting point for ax1600i. Can anybody give me image or suggestions?

And i want to completely uninstall nd reinstall corsair link.

So can i have steps to completely remove corsair link and its drivers and components?

Thanks.

• Corsair Employee
I want to know four screw mounting point for ax1600i. Can anybody give me image or suggestions?

And i want to completely uninstall nd reinstall corsair link.

So can i have steps to completely remove corsair link and its drivers and components?

Thanks.

The mounting screws on the AX1600i are the same as any other ATX power supply. It's standardized: http://209.68.14.80/ref/power/sup/form_ATX.htm

And if you don't trust using Windows typical way of removing programs like LINK, I suggest a third party program like Advanced Uninstaller: https://www.advanceduninstaller.com/

And i have a another question to ask. I used to use ax1500i and it perfectly fits in my corsair 400R case but i want to know that if AX1600i will get fit in my 400R case or not? Bcoz as you know the size of ax1600i is little bit smaller than ax1500i.

Thanks.

• Corsair Employee
And i have a another question to ask. I used to use ax1500i and it perfectly fits in my corsair 400R case but i want to know that if AX1600i will get fit in my 400R case or not? Bcoz as you know the size of ax1600i is little bit smaller than ax1500i.

Thanks.

Confused.

If it's smaller, why wouldn't it fit?

I would be concerned if it would fit if it was larger.

• Corsair Employee
I m concerned bcoz if position of mounting points of screw is different than ax1500i then??

No.

So you want to say its a ATX power supply and it will fit easily in my corsair 400r ATX cabinet?

A 400R is standard ATX. An AX1600i is standard ATX. An AX1600i mounts into a 400R.

Not sure what you're getting at here....

Do you have both parts and are telling us that the AX1600i does NOT fit in the 400R???

My ax1500i just died two days ago and i have done already 6 replacements so far and i purchased 1500i in 2016 January. So i get fed up with this PSU and bcoz of my kind request to corsair support, they are offering me upgrade which is ax1600i and it will be in my hand in few days . and i m using corsair 400r case for last 4 years .

• Corsair Employee
My ax1500i just died two days ago and i have done already 6 replacements so far and i purchased 1500i in 2016 January. So i get fed up with this PSU and bcoz of my kind request to corsair support, they are offering me upgrade which is ax1600i and it will be in my hand in few days . and i m using corsair 400r case for last 4 years .

They are ATX power supplies. You have an ATX case.

There's no compatibility issues here.

I want to know another thing. is using Corsair Link is safe for PSU? m asking bcoz i have done 6 replacements of my corsair ax1500i and i have done all the possible solutions to prevent this but no luck, every PSU that i get from replacement died in 1 year max. so I want to know if corsair link is the culprit or not and has negative impacts on longevity of PSU or not? Edited by Jason9x

• Corsair Employee
I want to know another thing. is using Corsair Link is safe for PSU? m asking bcoz i have done 6 replacements of my corsair ax1500i and i have done all the possible solutions to prevent this but no luck, every PSU that i get from replacement died in 1 year max. so I want to know if corsair link is the culprit or not and has negative impacts on longevity of PSU or not?

Link is only reading data from the PSU.

That said... I am concerned that you've had so many AX1500i failures.

What are you using these for? What's the build? What's the environment? That's just not normal.

Link is only reading data from the PSU.

That said... I am concerned that you've had so many AX1500i failures.

What are you using these for? What's the build? What's the environment? That's just not normal.

Environment temp. is 30-35 'C and i m using it for gaming only and my specs you can read from this forum (below my name). i m not alone with these issues so many users here on corsair forums and reddit have similar issues with AXi line up PSU. I hope the AX1600i dont die on me bcoz this time i m going to get upgrade from my ax1500i and that is AX1600i.

• Corsair Employee
in AXI line up, majority is AX1200i and Ax1500i have these issues.

No. No they don't.

Thousands of units were sold. Dozens were returned. And most of those are in these forums.

People don't come into these forums just to report that everything is ok. They come in here and post WHEN there is a problem. So the forum consists of a loud minority.

You're making it sound like 100% of the units sold were problematic and returned. That's simply not true. That's why I'm surprised you've gone through so many in such a short period of time.

No. No they don't.

Thousands of units were sold. Dozens were returned. And most of those are in these forums.

People don't come into these forums just to report that everything is ok. They come in here and post WHEN there is a problem. So the forum consists of a loud minority.

You're making it sound like 100% of the units sold were problematic and returned. That's simply not true. That's why I'm surprised you've gone through so many in such a short period of time.

i m not saying everyone has issues but i used word "many users" have this problem and " i m not alone".

• Corsair Employee
i m not saying everyone has issues but i used word "many users" have this problem and " i m not alone".

I know. But you've had SIX REPLACEMENTS. And have said that all of them have died within a year. THAT is VERY unusual.

I know. But you've had SIX REPLACEMENTS. And have said that all of them have died within a year. THAT is VERY unusual.

Hello not within a year bro, but within 5 years. one psu ran average 1 year you can say.

Which is still not the norm. Any decent PSUs are NOT expected to die within a year.

but AX1500i dies in 1 year for me and many users out there. sorry to tell you the truth... whatever you say its the damn truth..

• Corsair Employee
Hello not within a year bro, but within 5 years. one psu ran average 1 year you can say.

That's what I meant to say. Each one only lasted a year.

And while there are many users on this forum reporting failed AXi PSUs, I've not seen any of them say they've gone through one a year like you.

I am in Canada so outside of summer its usually cold. I had a faulty AX860i which crapped out after about 3 years in service and Corsair sent me a replacement and that PSU has not been a problem. My old TX850V2 served for over 9 years fine with no problems.

I suggest installing lots of fans to have good airflow to protect hardware. Front intake and rear/top exhaust.

You might want to look in to Manually setting the fan speeds within iCUE for your PSU. I know my 1600i never spins usually, it's major overkill for my system, so during warm periods of the year I manually set it to 40%.

A quality PSU lasting a year is in no way the norm.