Corsair Community

Commander Pro issue

gnatsum39

Hello,

I recently have built a new PC with the Corsair Commander Pro running 6 Corsair RGB HD fans. All works well and have had no major issues till now.

When I power my PC off the fans stay on as well as the RGB lights on them. I am pretty certain this is the Commander pro not shutting down. I have done some searching online and cannot find a solution to this.

I can push the power button and power the PC back up just fine but the same thing happens when I shutdown from Windows. Mobo shuts off, all monitors go off, but the fans connected to the Commander stay on and sound like they ramp up to near full speed. I did just update to the newest corsair link software the other day. Could this be the issue?

Any help is greatly appreciated. I have a lot of money wrapped up in this new build and I am beginning to get concerned that the Commander Pro might fry something.

System info

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/

First, what temperature source are you using for your fan speed? If it's not one of the Commander Pro native temperature probes, you'll need Link running for it to properly control your fan speed. If you are using a Commander Pro probe, it'll control the fan speeds whether Link is running or not.

Since your system is liquid cooled, it's most appropriate for you to use these sensors and manage your fan speeds based on case internal ambient temperature.

As for the "staying running when the system shuts down" ... it sounds like it's running on the standby power. What PSU do you have and do you have the CoPro connected directly to SATA or via an adapter?

I am running connected to a SATA cord (NO 4pin molex adapter) from the Corsair 1200W PSU which is Corsair link enabled. The USB for the Commander pro is connected to my Mobo and the PSU link is plugged into the USB port on the commander pro.

As far as fan speed I am not having issues with that. It controls fine through the corsair link software using the board temp sensors. The only issue I am having (which wasn't an issue for the first month or so) is the system powers down when I tell it to with the exception being the fans and RGB on the fans which are all run through the commander. They continue spinning and pulsing color after the computer shuts off. Again, it was fine up until last night when I powered down. Not sure what changed. Could this be an issue with the newest Corsair Link update? I did just update that the other day when it popped up.

Commander Pro connected VIA USB to Mobo header and powered by Sata cord from Corsair 1200i PSU, PSU Corsair link USB connected to USB hub on Commander, Corsair H115i connected to USB header on Commander Pro as well.

I am running connected to a SATA cord from the Corsair 1200W PSU which is Corsair link enabled. The USB for the Commander pro is connected to my Mobo and the PSU link is plugged into the USB port on the commander pro.

As far as fan speed I am not having issues with that. It controls fine through the corsair link software using the board temp sensors. The only issue I am having (which wasn't an issue for the first month or so) is the system powers down when I tell it to with the exception being the fans and RGB on the fans which are all run through the commander. They continue spinning and pulsing color after the computer shuts off. Again, it was fine up until last night when I powered down. Not sure what changed. Could this be an issue with the newest Corsair Link update? I did just update that the other day when it popped up.

I mentioned the fan speed because you indicated that they were running at full power. Without Link running, if the fan curves aren't based on the CoPro's sensors, that will happen.

As far as the CoPro continuing to run ... that's quite odd. When the system powers down, from what I understand, there should only be standby voltage supplied to the motherboard. Yet it seems that the CoPro is actually getting power, which I find quite baffling. It's probably something that Corsair will need to weigh in on.

Question: which 1200W PSU? HXi? AXi?

1200 AXi PSU

And yes I found it quite odd lol. It is definitely still getting power when the machine shuts off. Was fine up until the other day. I cannot say for sure if it was the update to Corsair Link software as I did the update and left the PC running for a day or so, but it is quite suspect that the only change made was the corsair link software update.

Thank you for the replies, I will wait for Corsair to weigh in. For the record, all fans are Corsair HD RGB fans and running on the CoPro as well as the cooler unit, and PSU. Love me corsair products and I am a a loyal customer for life.

• Corsair Employee
Just out of curiosity, is the USB port the Commander Pro is connected to a "Charging" port? What happens is that some motherboards will leave power to a motherboard port on, and I wonder if that's not the case here. If it is, there may be a setting in your BIOS that will allow you to disable that functionality.

I am not sure to be honest. It is an Asus Maximus X Hero. I will have to look at the specs in a bit to see. The odd thing is, last night it shut down just fine. I have a sneaky suspicion that it may have something to do with what profile is selected in CL because the only thing I did different last night was switch it to balanced profile from performance when shutting down.

Archived