Corsair Community

Connecting 9 LL fans

Lunielle

Hi buddy.. yeah you could do this...

Not Officially supported but there is no reason why you can not use Fan header Splitter cables on the Commander Pro, Note there is a 1A limitation per fan header and a 4.5A limitation for the entire unit.

see the below FAQ for Fan power draw specs etc

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

Okay... it looks like I could do it by using two RGB fan hubs and connecting it to a lightning node pro... but according to this, it would only let me control the RGB and not speed, right?

Right.. Drop the Node Pro. keeping the 2 RGB Fan LED Hubs. You would need the Commander Pro and 3 PWM y splitters to control all 9 fans RPM's.. each channel that has a splitter inline would appear as a single fan to the Commander Pro and LINK or iCue.

• 1 year later...
We usually recommend a maximum of 9 fans on a single Commander Pro using splitters. Note that you don't get individual control over each fan - just in pairs. They appear as a single fan to iCUE. For more than 9 fans, you might want to look at a powered PWM hub.

• 9 months later...
This is where you are heading really. ignore the strips and Node Pro's unless you also want strips..

So, if I wanted to control only 9 QL fans, would I do this?

attachment.php?attachmentid=38435&d=1593032257

Bonus question: If I wanted to use the Gigabyte cooler with the LCD screen, but swap out the fans for 3 QL fans, would that work like this too?

9corsair_fans.jpg.0e2dfcac9aeb21414e13edc29bd51c75.jpg

Edited by Bill_VA

yes buddy that would work.. would control the rad fans speed through the cooler though......

and respect for the Corsair Logo's on the fans in the diagram lol.. nice touch ;) :D

Thanks. Right, that's why I connected the green fan control lines to the cooler. Glad you appreciated the extra effort to add the Corsair logo to the fans.

I've been building PCs since 1995, but this is my first with RGB. It's not easy getting everything right.

• 3 weeks later...

I went a slightly different route to wire 9 fans. Each 3-pack of QL120's comes with a Lighting Node Core, which is a bit different that the lighting hub. Each Node Core has 6 rgb connectors, a USB connector, and a SATA power connector. I plugged the USB connector of each Node Core into the USB slots on the Commander Pro, and then plugged the Commander Pro into the MB USB 2.0 header.

Note: I'm not sure how the lighting hubs work, but with the Node Core's, you have to populate the ports in order: 1,2,3. If you plug into just 4,5,6, nothing works.

You see that I have a Gigabyte Aorus AIO, but using Corsair QL120's. Just connect the fan headers into the AIO's header, but connect the rgb connectors into the Node Core's.

The only gripe I have is that iCue can't sequence more than 6 fans. I have a set of 6 fans and a set of 3 fans. Some of the cool effects aren't as cool because you can't have all 9 doing the same sequence together.

attachment.php?attachmentid=38622&d=1594664003

iCue-wiring.jpg.792ec873c1974811241dddc19f9d84f8.jpg

• 1 month later...