Corsair Community

iCUE v3.21.88 Patch Notes

Corsair James

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't true. We always listen, but sometimes there are reasons why we can't do XYZ. In this case, the assumption is increasing speed would contribute to performance but this may not be the case. There may also be reasons why the speed can't be changed to XYZ but I'd have to find out specifically why from the respective team.

I just know 1100RPM moves so little water, the coolant temps start rising slowly if I push the PC a little.

I rather have the pump at 1600 for a good noise / flow compromise. At 1100RPM the cooling capability is too far on the low side.

Edited by Sacco Belmonte

I just know 1100RPM moves so little water, the coolant temps start rising slowly if I push the PC a little.

I rather have the pump at 1600 for a good noise / flow compromise. At 1100RPM the cooling capability is too far on the low side.

Quick pointer: If your coolant temp and CPU/GPU temps slowly rise at the same rate, you need to increase your fan speed.

If your CPU/GPU temps climb and the coolant stays static, this means your pump isn't running fast enough.

Not yet, we may do so next version after CPUID updates their SDK.

Still no support for Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming. I worked with cpuid over two months ago to get a beta of hwmonitor to see the montherboard sensors but the support must also be waiting for a sdk update :-(

Edited by n0ahg

Well, it's not useless. It is very quiet for quiet desktop work like standard productivity, web browsing, etc. that does not require a lot of heat dissipation. We do know from real world use it is not ideal for any type of extended load.

You are assuming the pump speed curve is linear for both noise vs RPM and performance vs RPM, and thus half way between Quiet and Balanced would be... a nice balance. In my experience the flow rate is rarely linear at low speeds and there is more of what you might consider a tipping point where performance picks up dramatically. I don't know exactly where that is for each cooler, but it is logical to assume Balanced ~2160 is safely on the other side. 1600 may not be and the chosen speeds were likely quite deliberate and carefully selected. Nobody likes a loud pump. Nobody want to get killed by a competitor in testing. The balance lies somewhere in there.

I'm experiencing the same issue that others have made other threads about. icue installs but will not open. Visible in Task Manager but not in the system tray. Have tried:

- Uninstalled using native uninstaller, restart, installed, restart

- Uninstalled using microsoft uninstall tool, restart, install, restart

- Uninstalled using both methods, deleted folder at users/yourname/AppData/Roaming/Corsair, restart, installed, restart

- Uninstalled using both methods but installed to ProgramFiles instead of ProgramFiles (x86)

I don't know exactly where that is for each cooler, but it is logical to assume Balanced ~2160 is safely on the other side.

I know both my last two AIOs (radically different pumps) best balance was at 1500RPM. That would be what I would try first if I could. 1600RPM given this pump is quieter than anything I had before seems to me good too. I would not put it at such speeds only if there was a resonance in the pump at that speed.

1600 may not be and the chosen speeds were likely quite deliberate and carefully selected. Nobody likes a loud pump. Nobody want to get killed by a competitor in testing. The balance lies somewhere in there.

Yeah, well said. I have the feeling 1100RPM is just to claim the "silent" crown with disregard of actual cooling.

1100RPM can be actually dangerous if your PC suddenly runs at 100% CPU usage for some reason, a good example is Futuremark, it does a very nasty system check that involves periods of 10s to 20s of full CPU usage, it is scary enough (76c, 78c) with balanced pump speed. When that happens the PC is so busy you cannot open iCUE to change anything.

BTW: I think these AIOs could now use variable pump speed. I understand that being bad if hooked to the CPU temp. But hooked to the coolant temp seems no problem at all to me. It will ramp very slowly up and down.

Edited by Sacco Belmonte

After installing this version of iCue (v3.21.88) I have had to set both iCUE.exe and iCUE Launcher.exe to "Run as Administrator" just so I don't get an error when trying to Restart/Shutdown and so the software runs when I power up. It's a workaround that works just fine, but bandaids aren't permanent solutions :P

• Corsair Employee
I'm experiencing the same issue that others have made other threads about. icue installs but will not open. Visible in Task Manager but not in the system tray. Have tried:

- Uninstalled using native uninstaller, restart, installed, restart

- Uninstalled using microsoft uninstall tool, restart, install, restart

- Uninstalled using both methods, deleted folder at users/yourname/AppData/Roaming/Corsair, restart, installed, restart

- Uninstalled using both methods but installed to ProgramFiles instead of ProgramFiles (x86)

PM me and send me your iCUE logs - let me investigate to see what issue is causing the error. This applies to anyone else who has this issue.

Hey, hey!

iCUE controls the lighting effects and ST100 does not have hardware storage.

Unless you mean that before the update, it remained rainbow when iCUE was shut down?

Yes! Before a certain update, about 4 updates back, the ST 100 would default to rainbow mode when iCue was not running in the background.

Now it doesn’t light up unless iCue runs. Can this be reverted?

Thanks

Guys, is there any time frame on resolution of issues I reported in January 2018 (Yes, almost 2 years ago).

1. Excessively High CPU usage ~ 6% always)

2. Excessively high process count

3. Excessively large install size. I see the trend is that the software is getting bigger

4. Stability in the application for (a) Random disconnect/reconnect (b). Application hangs and crashes ©. Stable fans speeds when temps are stable (Mine randomly speed up and slow down). (d). Custom fan curves disappearing randomly (e). Custom UI layouts not sticking beyond a reboot (f). Random failures to detect devices such as PSU, commander Pro and/or coolers? (g). Application sometimes fails to open

PSUs - ALL Corsair 650w to 1200w

Coolers - All Corsair H110, H150, H100 V2

CPUs All Intel 8600K, 9600K, 9700K 7900X, 7820K and 7800K

Memory: Either Corsair or G.Skill All 16GB except 2 PCs which have 32GB

thanks

Hey, hey!

I just attempted an update via iCUE. It downloaded v3.21.88 and went through the installation process until this popped up.

Wzn80dV.png

Click OK just returns an empty box with the OK button.

Click that and the entire iCUE installation directory on C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair is removed (except for the Profiles directory, thankfully).

Navigating to the above error message directory shows that it still exists.

EDIT: I had to go to Corsair.com and download 3.20.80.msi installation file and was able to reinstall iCUE.

I have not attempted to update iCUE a second time from within iCUE.

Same problem here!

Hey, hey!

I just attempted an update via iCUE. It downloaded v3.21.88 and went through the installation process until this popped up.

Wzn80dV.png

Click OK just returns an empty box with the OK button.

Click that and the entire iCUE installation directory on C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair is removed (except for the Profiles directory, thankfully).

Navigating to the above error message directory shows that it still exists.

EDIT: I had to go to Corsair.com and download 3.20.80.msi installation file and was able to reinstall iCUE.

I have not attempted to update iCUE a second time from within iCUE.

Just in general from prior programming experiences an error like that may indicate the service does not have permission to access part of the file system such as the folder where the exe resides or perhaps a location where it is attempting to access or output a log file.

The service may be configured incorrectly, using the wrong account, or you may have some messed up security in relation to the folders the service is trying to access.

Some things you may try is when installing a service make sure to do so as administrator to elevate privileges in Windows (for example using the right-click option to "Run as Administrator").

If you have UAC disabled try re-enabling it again before re-installing the service.

Edited by A Computer Guy

Hey, hey!

iCUE controls the lighting effects and ST100 does not have hardware storage.

Unless you mean that before the update, it remained rainbow when iCUE was shut down?

Yes! Before a certain update, about 4 updates back, the ST 100 would default to rainbow mode when iCue was not running in the background.

Now it doesn’t light up unless iCue runs. Can this be reverted?

Thanks

Its it, no light at all without iCUE even no rainbow, and other stuff like polaris are fine with rainbow, only ST 100 keeps without any light