Corsair Community

iCue + Wallpaper Engine

Ektelion

After looking everywhere to find a music reactive program for all of my corsair stuff i found the wallpaper engine and Corsair-o-Tron and when i installed everything and tried to work it out i encoutered a problem

Corsair ST100

Corsair m65 pro

Corsair Scimitar

Corsair Void Pro

Corsair K70 Mk2

Corsair H150i Pro RGB

Everything of the above works perfectly but the 6xML120 Rgb Fans on the other hand and the LED strips don't seem to work, they flicker a bit at start then remain on 2 different random colors static.

I do not own a commander Pro at this point, everything is connected via a Node Pro.

Is there something wrong i am doing? Do i need to get a commander pro?

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssamHkYKehY[/ame]

That doesn't look right at all and no, you do not need a Commander Pro.

Firstly, do you have 'Enable SDK' checked in your iCUE settings (I'm presuming you do as it's half working) and secondly, are you using Sonic Studio for your audio?

Gotta check about the Sdk when I get home I am not sure.

And no I don't use sonic studio for audio.

apparently i found the problem on this after scratching my head for few days.

It seems the problem is my Ultrawide Monitor, because the wallpaper engine gets cropped ( zoomed in ) since it's intended to be 16:9 aspect ratio the music bars extend the screen on top which is what the fans and the rest of the components take the signal to work with.

If your screen is 16:9 it will work as advertised.

With 21:9 it also works but on some extent which kinda makes it pointless.

I tested the wallpaper engine with a music video on youtube, when i used full screen on the video the wallpaper engine stopped responding.

When i minimized the Video it worked.

It's lame that it doesn't work for both monitor aspect ratios since 21:9 is very common these days.

Interesting find in regards to the ultra wide and I'm glad you found the issue. Did you search through wallpaper engine for additional music reactive wallpapers? There are some really cool ones that also work with iCUE and will hopefully support your ultra wide.

Interesting find in regards to the ultra wide and I'm glad you found the issue. Did you search through wallpaper engine for additional music reactive wallpapers? There are some really cool ones that also work with iCUE and will hopefully support your ultra wide.

Nope not really, 99% of stuff there is not for Ultrawide, i am using just a regular Corsair animated wallpaper which i found for rgb and reverted my whole pc to Rainbow wave as it was...

Kinda lame and i was happy i found a music reactive program which worked with Corsair.

Guess i have to wait in case they finally implement that in one of the stock profiles of iCue themselves instead of 3rd party applications.

Even Asus has a music reactive profile and their software sucks so much compared to iCue.

Archived