Corsair Community

Void Wireless Mic not working in CS GO

FordMrFord

Howdy to all. Posting this despite being kind of hopeless because I already know what 99% of all answers will be. That being said I'm waiting for the 1% that will fix my issue and help the community.:bigeyes:

VOID 7.1 Wireless Yellowjacket's mic is not working on CS GO. Let's be clear -

- that is not my first issue with mics and CS GO, last year I had another one and fixed it but now I cant'

- CUE updated to the latest

- mic works on everything else I could test with

- already disabled every other device, Void is the only recording device enabled

- already reinstalled steam

- already reinstalled cs go

- already reinstalled cue

- voice_enable, voice_loopback, lobby_(whatever) all enabled

- there is not a conflict of softwares / apps

- switched off and on mic privacy under Windows's settings

- switched (under steam) from automatically transmit voice to use a push to talk various times

- it is not a Windows 10 issue because like I said the mic works with everything else that exists

- already unbinded and rebinded mic key under steam and cs go, using menu and console

- already detected and redetected recording devices under steam and cs go

To sum all up, I tried everything I could imagine and find under forums like Corsair's.

The real problem that can not and will not be fixed is that Valve is not Blizzard.:mad:

Help! I love the headset. :o::bigeyes::bigeyes:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Found the answer already. :laughing:;): Please Corsair moderators do not delete it, just close this thread.

What happens is that microphone input switches when launching the game, despite windows configs. CS GO actually thinks that other mic besides your default one is ready and force-uses it.

Using the command voice_forcemicrecord 0 before playing obligates cs go to use what is default in Windows.

When playing the sound bars beside the icon that appears when talking will not move but the mic will work.

See this Steam official help -

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5159-QYFK-0185

Also check another commands quoted there and do everything that I posted up in the thread for resolving the issue.

Hope it helps somebody! :D::roll:

• 1 month later...
Howdy to all. Posting this despite being kind of hopeless because I already know what 99% of all answers will be. That being said I'm waiting for the 1% that will fix my issue and help the community.:bigeyes:

VOID 7.1 Wireless Yellowjacket's mic is not working on CS GO. Let's be clear -

- that is not my first issue with mics and CS GO, last year I had another one and fixed it but now I cant'

- CUE updated to the latest

- mic works on everything else I could test with

- already disabled every other device, Void is the only recording device enabled

- already reinstalled steam

- already reinstalled cs go

- already reinstalled cue

- voice_enable, voice_loopback, lobby_(whatever) all enabled

- there is not a conflict of softwares / apps

- switched off and on mic privacy under Windows's settings

- switched (under steam) from automatically transmit voice to use a push to talk various times

- it is not a Windows 10 issue because like I said the mic works with everything else that exists

- already unbinded and rebinded mic key under steam and cs go, using menu and console

- already detected and redetected recording devices under steam and cs go

To sum all up, I tried everything I could imagine and find under forums like Corsair's.

The real problem that can not and will not be fixed is that Valve is not Blizzard.:mad:

Help! I love the headset. :o::bigeyes::bigeyes:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Found the answer already. :laughing:;): Please Corsair moderators do not delete it, just close this thread.

What happens is that microphone input switches when launching the game, despite windows configs. CS GO actually thinks that other mic besides your default one is ready and force-uses it.

Using the command voice_forcemicrecord 0 before playing obligates cs go to use what is default in Windows.

When playing the sound bars beside the icon that appears when talking will not move but the mic will work.

See this Steam official help -

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5159-QYFK-0185

Also check another commands quoted there and do everything that I posted up in the thread for resolving the issue.

Hope it helps somebody! :D::roll:

It didn't work for me, I think the problem lies in the last CUE 2.15 update. Thanks for the suggestions though.

• 2 months later...

im here for the exact same reason. they still havent fixed it i guess v__v i just got this void pro headset

and it stops working once i enter CS:GO the game on steam the volume wheel stops working. and the mute mic button stops working and once in a while the sound will turn into a high pitched buzz and the game cant be heard while its doing it. and it randomly comes back

for instance in skyrim just at title screen i hear lots of snap crackle pops in the sound, also randomly through out playing sometimes it stops for long periods of time then happens again.. its super annoying. and sometimes the sound gets laggy or something for no reason. never had these issues with my other headset

not sure if i just got a bad headset or if other people have had these issues.

for an $80 headset i was expecting crazy awesome stuff v__v cant even return it cuz i live in US and the headset came from EU lol

version 2.16.87

im sure people will hate me for saying this. but i in fact won mine from a giveaway so i admit it was free. it came directly from corsair though, maybe in their shipping history they will have my name and address and know it came from a sponsored giveaway? who knows lol

maybe there isnt anything i can do

i admit i didnt use the headset before CUE. so no clue if these issues were present before it.

Archived