Corsair Community

CUE 1.8.122 Patch Notes

• Corsair Employee

Updated Release

Version 1.8.122

August 6th, 2015

Release Notes

CUE 1.8.122 is the latest release for our RGB line of peripherals and contains a multitude of changes and enhancements.

Fixes

• Resolved issue with international keyboard layouts and macro output.
  • Resolved a rare issue with Right Alt unable to hold input.
  • Resolved issue with holding button to switch modes.
  • Resolved issue with Alt-Tab while changing modes.
  • CUE devices will no longer show up twice incorrectly under Devices.
  • Resolved other various minor issues.
  • Resolved an issue with VOID headsets and Dolby Pro Logic IIx.

Important Note:

If you have updated your keyboard to FW 1.20 or newer, software older than 1.5.108 will no longer be compatible. Please ensure you always have the latest software available when updating the firmware to prevent incompatibility. Firmware updates are done through the software itself under Settings -> Device -> Update Firmware.

Keyboard Connectivity:

• Connecting via USB 3.0: Use one connector (the one with the keyboard icon) when connecting via USB 3.0
  • Connecting via USB 2.0: Use both connectors when using USB 2.0. Important Note: Plug in the connector with the two arrows icon first, and the connector with the keyboard icon second.

CUE Patch Notes 1.8.122.pdf

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The new CUE patch is updated on my desktop, now there seems something new on the kb side, but most of the mouse configuration function (especially the lighting side) are all gone. And the fonts shown on the lighting menu is almost unseenable. So this is software engineering ?

By the way , do I have an option to keep the blade logo ??

A new comer using both K70 and m65 rgb.

July 25, 23:10 , Hong Kong

As others have said, this update pretty much removes your customizability of your RGB mice. If you enjoy having the custom profiles on your mice, I suggest you don't download this update.

Hopefully we get a fix soon enough.

If I knew this before updating I would've waited.:mad:

When the CUE prompts you on the system for a new update, no warning message on the update result, i.e. what will be added and what will be missing, this new update actually is not an update (may be this is only the update for the software engineer from Corsair to fix what's in their mind, and forget all the rest of the big picture), I just don't understand how can an update disable most of functions already implemented in the previous version and there is even not a warning message for the users. Now I learn a lesson and will not download the update until I got the comments from the majorities. To me this seems like a playground and not an official software update services channel.

For those responsible for the software engineering of CUE in Corsair, pls advice how to fall back to the previous update version, as the current one is not stable as I can now only see half of the kb and mouse on the software screen, repair installation is the last resort. And mouse side configuration basically is dead.

One of the most important tuning functions I need is the brightness control for both KB & MS, this is important for the lighting effect as well as the led lifespan cycle. For this new update version, no brightness tuning available and for the mouse , all lights go in full gear lighting. Furthermore, the lighting section for mouse setup is poor and useless.

CUE v1.8.120 update is not mature enough for release, after 2 days' observation, I can say that this is only an half or even one third ready update and should not put it on the table for the majorities' update process. The reason I have chosen Corsair products (K70 & M65 RGB) mainly due to the solid design and quality. Hope the software engine behind will perfectly support the hardware in due time with precision features. Obviously the support team is running in a very loose mode to create the current situation. For the best of the majorities, I hope the date will come sooner for this meaningless update fix ASAP (if this message is seriously read by the supporting teams from Corsair). As a rule of thumb, an update should not turn down what u have already achieved and in the mean time, no obvious contributions to the user groups. In Chinese idiom, this is building a car inside the enclosed tiny chamber.

Regards,

Does this add win 10 compatibility?

I have been using Windows 10 since the early previews, there have been no issues that I can see. However, since Windows 10 is not yet officially released yet they cannot officially say it is supported.

Archived