Corsair Community

Corsair Scimitar Pro

Ektelion

you guys have to be kidding me for sending me a mouse created from used parts, its unnaceptable, plus the 7 button doesn't feel like its working the same like the rest of them, a mushy sound comes when you press it.

owner of a k70 rapidfire and corsair void pro, really dissapointed in the mouse you sent me, plus it crashes the CUE program so far haven't found a solution to it. https://ibb.co/dJuYmT

I see just a tiny scratch there? I believe all companies do some tests on randomly chosen products before shipping them to check for any obvious issue. Your mouse might be one of those. Apart from that I don't really see any other indication in your image that the mouse is using used parts. Or it might just be a defective piece of plastic pad too.

As for the side buttons, I can't comment on that.

I see just a tiny scratch there? I believe all companies do some tests on randomly chosen products before shipping them to check for any obvious issue. Your mouse might be one of those. Apart from that I don't really see any other indication in your image that the mouse is using used parts.

Or it might just be a defective piece of plastic pad too.

The 7 button on the side has a Mushy sound compared to the other 11 buttons that seem to work fine.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyJ69bRp2CE[/ame]

• Corsair Employee
you guys have to be kidding me for sending me a mouse created from used parts, its unnaceptable, plus the 7 button doesn't feel like its working the same like the rest of them, a mushy sound comes when you press it.

owner of a k70 rapidfire and corsair void pro, really dissapointed in the mouse you sent me, plus it crashes the CUE program so far haven't found a solution to it. https://ibb.co/dJuYmT

Was this an RMA? Or newly purchased item? Either way, I would suggest opening a support ticket and have our technical support team further assist you.

Was this an RMA? Or newly purchased item? Either way, I would suggest opening a support ticket and have our technical support team further assist you.

It was a new purchased product but considering you asked me that, it looks like you're sending 2nd grade items on your RMA products, huh?

I was so satisfied with my k70 rapidfire that I decided to ditch all my razer products and buy yours but it seems nobody is building quality anymore.

Even the void pro wired version doesn't come braided which was a big disappointment.

Either way I will create a support ticket, I have already contacted the reseller aswell, 80 euros for a mouse, really guys? It should even make me coffee in the morning, not come faulty in the first place.

If you can return the mouse to the place you bought it from for a refund, I would just do that. Save yourself the hassle of going through the RMA process.

I returned 2 Corsair Glaive mice for a large number of issues. The first one had sticking side switches and sometimes didn't turn on when I booted up my PC, the second one had the previous issue when booting, along with the added issue of slowing down windows OS loading time by around 20-30 seconds. as soon as I unplugged the Glaive my PC started booting up at proper SSD speeds. Thank god I purchased it at a local shop, returning it was easy.

No idea why but it seems Corsair mice (and some keyboards, like the two problem K95P's I've had so far) have serious quality control concerns. It's unlikely your new mouse was made with used parts but more likely faulty ones.

If you want a recommendation for a solid mouse, check out the Steel Series Rival 600 and the Razer Deathadder Elite. I have both of them and they are fantastic. Both of them have fantastic sensors (especially the TM3+ on the Rival) and the Rival 600 has the added benefit of being able to add and remove 4g weights, it starts at 98g and goes up to 130g, which is very close to the weight of the Scimitar, if you like heavy mice that is. Both of them are also cheaper in price than the Scimitar.

Good luck!

If you can return the mouse to the place you bought it from for a refund, I would just do that. Save yourself the hassle of going through the RMA process.

I returned 2 Corsair Glaive mice for a large number of issues. The first one had sticking side switches and sometimes didn't turn on when I booted up my PC, the second one had the previous issue when booting, along with the added issue of slowing down windows OS loading time by around 20-30 seconds. as soon as I unplugged the Glaive my PC started booting up at proper SSD speeds. Thank god I purchased it at a local shop, returning it was easy.

No idea why but it seems Corsair mice (and some keyboards, like the two problem K95P's I've had so far) have serious quality control concerns. It's unlikely your new mouse was made with used parts but more likely faulty ones.

If you want a recommendation for a solid mouse, check out the Steel Series Rival 600 and the Razer Deathadder Elite. I have both of them and they are fantastic. Both of them have fantastic sensors (especially the TM3+ on the Rival) and the Rival 600 has the added benefit of being able to add and remove 4g weights, it starts at 98g and goes up to 130g, which is very close to the weight of the Scimitar, if you like heavy mice that is. Both of them are also cheaper in price than the Scimitar.

Good luck!

Thank you for your feedback mate, really appreciate it.

The sad fact is that i made the purchase online because local shops cost about 20% more so i had to pay some shipping instead.

I sent it back and they charged me 8,60Euros extra shipping for something that was not my fault so i basically paid the mouse over 90 so far.

I pray the lord the 2nd one wont come faulty or with used plastic pads on the bottom so i can finally play, what a disaster.

It seems Corsair is sending 2nd grade products on some countries based on their preferences, Which i wish will not be true and be assumptions only.

Considering the sellaries in my Country ( Greece ) are very low. 350~ euros on corsair products so far, basic sellary is 600 euros~.

Unnaceptable quality for the price you pay them for, and i thought Razer was the worst.

Thank you for your feedback mate, really appreciate it.

The sad fact is that i made the purchase online because local shops cost about 20% more so i had to pay some shipping instead.

I sent it back and they charged me 8,60Euros extra shipping for something that was not my fault so i basically paid the mouse over 90 so far.

I pray the lord the 2nd one wont come faulty or with used plastic pads on the bottom so i can finally play, what a disaster.

It seems Corsair is sending 2nd grade products on some countries based on their preferences, Which i wish will not be true and be assumptions only.

Considering the sellaries in my Country ( Greece ) are very low. 350~ euros on corsair products so far, basic sellary is 600 euros~.

Unnaceptable quality for the price you pay them for, and i thought Razer was the worst.

No worries.

It's unfortunate that you had to pay return postage when the issues were not your fault. Did you send it back to Corsair or the outlet you purchased it from?

I would probably hold back any assumptions that Corsair would be deliberately sending dud products to your country without evidence though. It's highly unlikely they would do that on purpose. Just taking a look at the threads in the peripherals sections on this forum are a good indicator of the state of quality control however.

Unfortunately I have had nothing but problems with all of my Corsair peripherals, however I don't think it's got anything to do with where I live (Australia) but more to do with fairly loose quality control or general design flaws.

I really hope the guys at Corsair are seeing the posts from the community about these things and take action to lift their game when it comes to their peripherals soon.

Archived