Corsair Community

Question about fans and Commander Core

LukasLeboss

Hello,

I wanted to build myself a new PC but I have a few questions regarding fans, AIO fans and Commander Core.

I would buy the Corsair 4000D Airflow with a H100i Elite Capellix which comes with two fans : ML120 RGB that have 8 LEDs (unlike the ML ML120 PRO RGB that have 4 LEDs). As well as 4 SP120 RGB PRO that have 8 LEDs, too (the 3 kit + 1).

And this how I would setup all of this :

All fans connected to Commander Core (RGB and PWM/DC cable) and the pomp. And connect to my motherboard (ASUS ROG STRIX B550-E).

The problem is that after searching on the internet, I don't know if I can connect the SP120 PRO RGB that are DC to the Commander Core and change fan speed and curve. (And from what I've seen all RGB cables can be connected to the Commander Core (since they all have 8 LEDs?).

So I could connect the fans to the motherboard but the ASUS ROG STRIX B550-E only has 3 fan headers from what I understand.

I could take 4 ML120 RGB PRO (not the same as ML120 RGB that are included with the AIO), but they only have 4 LEDs and apparently Commander Core wouldn't like this (unless there is a firmware update or something.

Finally I either have all RGBs working as expected or I can correctly control all my fans.

Either I found some wrong info online or you may have a solution for me.

I would have like to buy ML120 RGB Elite Capellix individually (those that comes with the AIO) but you can't...

I would to setup like in this image :

Concept Diagram for a Typical 6 Fan setup using the iCUE Elite Capellix AIO

pD5w9Bo.png

Thanks in advance for your help

that diagram should have been removed...

Edit.. is now..

Oh ok thanks so do you have any solution ?

Here is what I found on reddit : a user named u/shocksim posted this in a thread about Commander Core : "We're planning a January FW update to enable per port LED control and mixing/matching fans on Commander CORE.

Unfortunate that we couldn't have that ready for release..."

He is "CORSAIR Cooling Product Mgr." And here is the link

Do you have idea if this will be able to "fix" my problem ?

Thanks

Edited by LukasLeboss
Added link

• 2 months later...
So do you have any idea what I could buy to make my setup compatible ?

To control the SP120's in icue, you'd need to buy a Commander Pro which can drive their DC inputs. If you're fine controlling the LED effects with your Commander Core (Capellix AIO Controller) and the speed with the Commander Pro, this is all you need to buy. If you want to control both fan speed and LED effects in the Commander Pro, you'd also need to buy Lighting Node Core but this is included in SP120 triple fan packs.

Oh ok thanks so do you have any solution ?

Here is what I found on reddit : a user named u/shocksim posted this in a thread about Commander Core : "We're planning a January FW update to enable per port LED control and mixing/matching fans on Commander CORE.

Unfortunate that we couldn't have that ready for release..."

He is "CORSAIR Cooling Product Mgr." And here is the link

Do you have idea if this will be able to "fix" my problem ?

Thanks

This would fix the issue of mixing fans with different LED patterns/counts on the Commander Core but not the DC fan control issue.