The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cases

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-18-2020, 09:36 AM
Cairnexus's Avatar
Cairnexus Cairnexus is offline
Registered User
Cairnexus's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania, USA
Posts: 17
POST ID # = 1031845
Cairnexus Reputation: 10
Default Corsair 1000D - 8x 120mm Fan Tray?

Greetings all!

I had purchased a Obsidian 1000D about a month ago and these tray's on the site haven't been in stock SKU CC-8900160.

Can anyone let me know the last time they were in stock? Seems like a bit of a wait for a piece of metal. Also if anyone is interested in getting rid of a used one I would happily pay shipping and the full price for one at this time so I can finish this build out.

Thanks!

Link to item: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Catego...y/p/CC-8900160

P.S I also tried other regions and its out of stock everywhere I could find and doesn't exist at other retailers per the link on the site.
Reply With Quote


  #2  
Old 01-18-2020, 01:55 PM
Doomageddon Doomageddon is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 3
POST ID # = 1031860
Doomageddon Reputation: 10
Default

I'm in the same boat as you, I been looking all over for one and even tried to get a place in Australia to ship me one since they were the only ones that had one in stock. Some sites were telling me to expect them in stock around the end of the month or beginning of next.
Reply With Quote


  #3  
Old 01-18-2020, 02:10 PM
Zotty's Avatar
Zotty Zotty is offline
CORSAIR Beta Team
Zotty's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: South Staffordshire, England, UK
Posts: 3,967
POST ID # = 1031861
Zotty Reputation: 60
Default

its a Check stock daily situation as they seem to sell real fast. also try contacting support if you struggle for to long..
Reply With Quote


  #4  
Old 01-27-2020, 04:19 PM
Cairnexus's Avatar
Cairnexus Cairnexus is offline
Registered User
Cairnexus's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania, USA
Posts: 17
POST ID # = 1033019
Cairnexus Reputation: 10
Default

Just to supply an update here. Support finally got back to me after a few days and in short they said they also have no clue when it will be in stock. I managed to find a 3D printed version online of the tray that might work so I might go down that path if it doesn't come in stock over the new few days. I still personally think this is a bit ridiculous for such a simple/cheap part but hey, opinions ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reply With Quote


  #5  
Old 01-29-2020, 09:24 AM
Cairnexus's Avatar
Cairnexus Cairnexus is offline
Registered User
Cairnexus's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania, USA
Posts: 17
POST ID # = 1033228
Cairnexus Reputation: 10
Default

I'm willing to pay $50 shipped if anyone is able to sell me a used one, just PM me!
Reply With Quote


  #6  
Old 01-29-2020, 12:54 PM
Ngamer Ngamer is offline
Registered User
Ngamer's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: IL, USA
Posts: 23
POST ID # = 1033258
Ngamer Reputation: 10
Default

This is a 28" tall, 12" wide, 65 pound, $500 case.

They aren't flying off the shelves.

The fact that Corsair can't keep up with the relatively small parts demand is quite concerning...
Reply With Quote


  #7  
Old 01-29-2020, 06:53 PM
Zotty's Avatar
Zotty Zotty is offline
CORSAIR Beta Team
Zotty's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: South Staffordshire, England, UK
Posts: 3,967
POST ID # = 1033307
Zotty Reputation: 60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngamer View Post
This is a 28" tall, 12" wide, 65 pound, $500 case.

They aren't flying off the shelves.

The fact that Corsair can't keep up with the relatively small parts demand is quite concerning...
I beg to differ,,

I run a Discord server that's fairly busy and we get asked about 1000D fan trays often.. from people all over the world. i think the volume of 1000D's sold has been much larger than anticipated.
Reply With Quote


  #8  
Old 01-29-2020, 07:02 PM
Ngamer Ngamer is offline
Registered User
Ngamer's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: IL, USA
Posts: 23
POST ID # = 1033310
Ngamer Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotty View Post
I beg to differ,,

I run a Discord server that's fairly busy and we get asked about 1000D fan trays often.. from people all over the world. i think the volume of 1000D's sold has been much larger than anticipated.
Wow... I guess that is both good, and bad, news.

Good that it is selling like that - bad that parts are so hard to come by...
Reply With Quote


  #9  
Old 01-29-2020, 08:00 PM
gienah gienah is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 18
POST ID # = 1033317
gienah Reputation: 10
Default

An option is to remove the top tray, rails, and the rear bracket holding the rail. Then to fabricate your own tray and brackets to hold it up there. That allows the top radiator and fans to be mounted a little higher.

Its possible to temporarily remove the front bracket that was holding the top fan rails so that you can remove the screws holding the glass/aluminum top on. Then to refit the front bracket. You need four really short M4 screws, 6mm cup head sort of works, it seems with recessed head they need to be shorter than 6mm, to hold the glass to the aluminum top. Then the top can just sit there.

Another possible hack instead of fabricating a fan tray and brackets is:

With the top now removable you can drill some holes to hold the top radiator(s) up there with cup head bolts to suit your radiator. If you run 2 480mm radiators in the top then (if you are not fabricating a fan tray and brackets) you would have to use a strip of sheet metal that is drilled for holes where the radiators are adjacent to each other, as these radiator/fan holes do not line up with the metal in the top of case. This sheet metal strip down the middle of the top 2 radiators prevents installing the top filter, since its sitting on the top of the case where the top filter would normally go. It looks like it may be difficult to insert the bolts through the strip down the centre of the 2 radiators into the radiators, as the case that is holding the strip up is in the way of the bolts. The case is also in the way of the bolts on the ends of the radiator. I'm not saying this hack is a good idea, I'm just letting you know as a cheap option. I guess I don't really like this jerry rigged hack much actually, but it would look really neat anyway in the finished build. You need to be very careful with the lengths of the bolts using this kind of hack, as you don't want to damage the radiator inserting bolts the wrong length.

Last edited by gienah; 01-29-2020 at 08:02 PM. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote


  #10  
Old 01-30-2020, 03:40 PM
Cairnexus's Avatar
Cairnexus Cairnexus is offline
Registered User
Cairnexus's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania, USA
Posts: 17
POST ID # = 1033412
Cairnexus Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngamer View Post
Wow... I guess that is both good, and bad, news.

Good that it is selling like that - bad that parts are so hard to come by...
Its honestly just this part from what I've seen at least for this case specifically. I don't see any other parts really out of stock on the site (I guess the 4x 120mm tray it out currently). I'm hoping its just a high demand issue vs a lack of interest in making them going forward. Zotty's discord has given me the impression its simple high demand as I can attest the server was pretty active last time I was in there.
Reply With Quote


  #11  
Old 01-30-2020, 03:42 PM
Cairnexus's Avatar
Cairnexus Cairnexus is offline
Registered User
Cairnexus's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania, USA
Posts: 17
POST ID # = 1033413
Cairnexus Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gienah View Post
An option is to remove the top tray, rails, and the rear bracket holding the rail. Then to fabricate your own tray and brackets to hold it up there. That allows the top radiator and fans to be mounted a little higher.

Its possible to temporarily remove the front bracket that was holding the top fan rails so that you can remove the screws holding the glass/aluminum top on. Then to refit the front bracket. You need four really short M4 screws, 6mm cup head sort of works, it seems with recessed head they need to be shorter than 6mm, to hold the glass to the aluminum top. Then the top can just sit there.

Another possible hack instead of fabricating a fan tray and brackets is:

With the top now removable you can drill some holes to hold the top radiator(s) up there with cup head bolts to suit your radiator. If you run 2 480mm radiators in the top then (if you are not fabricating a fan tray and brackets) you would have to use a strip of sheet metal that is drilled for holes where the radiators are adjacent to each other, as these radiator/fan holes do not line up with the metal in the top of case. This sheet metal strip down the middle of the top 2 radiators prevents installing the top filter, since its sitting on the top of the case where the top filter would normally go. It looks like it may be difficult to insert the bolts through the strip down the centre of the 2 radiators into the radiators, as the case that is holding the strip up is in the way of the bolts. The case is also in the way of the bolts on the ends of the radiator. I'm not saying this hack is a good idea, I'm just letting you know as a cheap option. I guess I don't really like this jerry rigged hack much actually, but it would look really neat anyway in the finished build. You need to be very careful with the lengths of the bolts using this kind of hack, as you don't want to damage the radiator inserting bolts the wrong length.
Hey appreciate you taking the time to get some solutions out there. I did think about doing something custom myself but for the cost of the part I just couldn't figure out anything that would be time effective (work is killing me right now). I did find some 3D printer molds to assemble a tray which wouldn't cost too much and it would slide into the stock railing. I'm going to give it another week or two before I figure something out on my own. I'll keep some of these suggestions handy if it comes to that.
Reply With Quote


  #12  
Old 01-30-2020, 06:56 PM
Ngamer Ngamer is offline
Registered User
Ngamer's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: IL, USA
Posts: 23
POST ID # = 1033431
Ngamer Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairnexus View Post
Its honestly just this part from what I've seen at least for this case specifically. I don't see any other parts really out of stock on the site (I guess the 4x 120mm tray it out currently). I'm hoping its just a high demand issue vs a lack of interest in making them going forward. Zotty's discord has given me the impression its simple high demand as I can attest the server was pretty active last time I was in there.
And the vertical GPU bracket.
Reply With Quote


  #13  
Old 01-31-2020, 05:14 PM
Zotty's Avatar
Zotty Zotty is offline
CORSAIR Beta Team
Zotty's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: South Staffordshire, England, UK
Posts: 3,967
POST ID # = 1033500
Zotty Reputation: 60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngamer View Post
And the vertical GPU bracket.
The Vertical GPU bracket is supplied with the Case,, it should be in the accessory box/bag
Reply With Quote


  #14  
Old 02-22-2020, 04:42 PM
Cairnexus's Avatar
Cairnexus Cairnexus is offline
Registered User
Cairnexus's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania, USA
Posts: 17
POST ID # = 1035747
Cairnexus Reputation: 10
Default

I'm still in search of an 8x 120mm fan tray for the 1000d. I asked for an update via support again and they advised they are still not in stock and no ETA available.

Support is now suggesting the 3D model I mentioned previously in this thread. The reason I didn't go along with the 3D model is it requires about 90 screws to put together and I don't feel like making that effort as of yet.

If anyone is selling a tray I'm willing to pay $50 + shipping within the US.
Reply With Quote


  #15  
Old 03-06-2020, 10:32 PM
Cairnexus's Avatar
Cairnexus Cairnexus is offline
Registered User
Cairnexus's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania, USA
Posts: 17
POST ID # = 1037052
Cairnexus Reputation: 10
Default

Still no hope for a fan tray, Corsair pretty much said there isn’t a large market for 1000d. If you plan on going double 120mm trays I recommend passing on this case entirely.


P.S still willing to pay for a used one $50
Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.