Corsair Community

Virtuoso Mic not working

Hi,

I just bought the new Virtuoso headset last week. I havent used the mic, until today. Until now it seemed to been working, as the voice informed when it was turned off/on and there is light.

However I cannot get the mic to work at all.

I assumed it was just plug and play like all the other corsair stuff.

There is no detectable error, and in recording settings it shows Corsair Virtuoso.

I tried in serveral different programs, and tried pretty much anything I could google of informations.

Sound is working fine.

Someone tried the same, or is there something really basic I missed out on?

First, verify that the microphone is set as your input device (in Windows 10, right-click on the speaker icon in the Task Bar and choose "Sound Settings". From there, make sure the Corsair Viruoso is selected under the Input section.

If that does not correct the issue, then try this, if you are using USB mode for the headset, switch it to wireless mode. I just tested my Virtuoso headset, and the microphone does not work for me in USB mode. However, when I switched it to wireless mode, then the microphone started working.

First, verify that the microphone is set as your input device (in Windows 10, right-click on the speaker icon in the Task Bar and choose "Sound Settings". From there, make sure the Corsair Viruoso is selected under the Input section.

If that does not correct the issue, then try this, if you are using USB mode for the headset, switch it to wireless mode. I just tested my Virtuoso headset, and the microphone does not work for me in USB mode. However, when I switched it to wireless mode, then the microphone started working.

Thanks for your feedback (both of you). Im sort of glad that it is not just me.

Every setting on the PC is correct.

I am not 100% sure what you mean about the last part.

When I wrote this I had only tested it with wireless mode with the USB port in the PC. Now ever reading this I tried with wire and still not working.

So kinda no clue what do to do from here :(

@bullerina

I am sure you already figured this out, but just to clarify the last part of my previous post, there is switch on the bottom of the headphones that designates if it is in USB or wireless mode.

If your microphone is still not working (regardless of which mode the headset is in), then I would contact Corsair support to see if they can resolve the issue (hopefully it is a software/driver issue and not a problem with the actual hardware).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Hi,

I just bought the new Virtuoso headset last week. I havent used the mic, until today. Until now it seemed to been working, as the voice informed when it was turned off/on and there is light.

However I cannot get the mic to work at all.

I assumed it was just plug and play like all the other corsair stuff.

There is no detectable error, and in recording settings it shows Corsair Virtuoso.

I tried in serveral different programs, and tried pretty much anything I could google of informations.

Sound is working fine.

Someone tried the same, or is there something really basic I missed out on?

I'm having the exact same problem. plug in dongle.. no USB mic at all. sound works in both modes, and mic only in dongle mode.

I'm having the exact same problem. plug in dongle.. no USB mic at all. sound works in both modes, and mic only in dongle mode.

Yep, same issue here and cannot find a fix for this at all. Have done everything that I can possibly think of.

My issue is a little bit different though, I get sound while wired but mic does not work at all, but sound and mic while dongled. However, I cannot hear anybody in discord for example if I am using the dongle, but they can hear my because my mic is working. Its like I can either hear other people but cannot speak in discord, or speak and not hear. There is no middle ground.

• 3 weeks later...
With the headset plugged in and in usb mode. In windows device manager you will see a Human Interface Devices, HID-Compliant Headset with a warning icon. if you look into that you will see that says it can not start. All i did is uninstalled that device and then unpluged the viruoso usb cable and repluged it back in. Windows reinstalled the driver, but now it works. Havent had this problem since. Hope this works for you.

• 4 weeks later...
Hello folks. I’ve have a number of problems with this headset. Crackle, losing connection, and mic. I believe I found a way to fix the mic problem. For some old reason when playing games such as COD war zone it won’t pick up mic even tho it’ll be default on windows. I have multiple input sources such as my webcam, blue yeti mic. I disabled all input devices in audio settings only leaving virtualoso mic only. Mic is now working. Now I don’t know who’s to blame on this, either windows or icue software for this. Edited by RayDizzle

• 2 months later...

I made an account in this forum just to post here. I just got my Virtuoso hours ago and had the same problem with the mic.

I realized it's because I plugged it in my USB hub (my monitor has a USB hub built-in). When I plug the headphones in my PC's front or back USB, it finally picked up the microphone.

It's a bit awkward, because my PC is on my right side, so I now have a USB cable from my left ear going to the right where my PC's USB port is. The cable's just not long enough for me to route it behind my desk, so it's dangling over my keyboard right now. Maybe I'll reposition my PC to the left, I don't know.

In wireless mode however, my mic works fine. I only had a little unrelated trouble because I was using RTX voice and had to restart it so it can recognize the Virtuoso.

• 1 month later...
I fixed my issue it was an issue with an IQUE update on the dongle V. 0.16.80. I didnt roll back the update I just went into the sound settings and uninstalled the drivers on the microphone and it worked for me.

I had the same issue, i.e., the mike worked fine in wireless mode, but did not work using the usb cable. Found out that some other unknown program had control of the microphone. Fixed by going into the sound settings, microphone, additional s and changing the default format under the advanced properties. Set to CD quality which opened a dialogue box stating that the microphone was in use by another application. Told it to give ownership tot the current program.

Works fine now. Very nice headset.

• 1 month later...

Fixed ALL my issues by changing the dongle and USB cable to USB 2.0 ports. For some strange reason the headset doesn't mesh well on usb 3.0 on intel (probably because of the USB 3.0 endpoints being limited to 96 vs 256 for amd) The headset doesn't even have usb 3.0 data lanes so using it on 3.0 is a waste. Plug it in to usb 2.0 and call it a day!

I had to downgrade my sound to 16-bit sound to get it to all work on 3.0 so if you're hellbent on using 3.0 then that's how you get sound and mic working on intel based windows 10 machines.

Disclaimer: I am only assuming the USB 3.0 endpoints are the issue as having the headset and an xbox controller plugged into the same/shared pair of ports would make the controller fail to install. removed the headset and controller works fine. I'm fairly certain it has to do with the endpoints and the headset gobbling up too many for usb 3.0

I made an account in this forum just to post here. I just got my Virtuoso hours ago and had the same problem with the mic.

I realized it's because I plugged it in my USB hub (my monitor has a USB hub built-in). When I plug the headphones in my PC's front or back USB, it finally picked up the microphone.

It's a bit awkward, because my PC is on my right side, so I now have a USB cable from my left ear going to the right where my PC's USB port is. The cable's just not long enough for me to route it behind my desk, so it's dangling over my keyboard right now. Maybe I'll reposition my PC to the left, I don't know.

In wireless mode however, my mic works fine. I only had a little unrelated trouble because I was using RTX voice and had to restart it so it can recognize the Virtuoso.

I have this exact issue. I have 3 usb controllers on my pc, 3.2 gen 2, 3.2 gen 1, and 2.0. If I plug the dongle into the 3.2 gen 1 port the mic works fine. If I switch the headphones to wired mode and plug them into the 3.2 gen 1 port then the mic doesn't work. If I unplug the dongle, the mic works. If I reset the computer and try to do a mic test with both plugged in and the headphones in wired mode, I will get a "USB Controller Resources Exceeded" message. This message will show up even if these two things are the only things plugged into this controller. The same message happens if I have them plugged into the 3.2 gen 2 controller. I haven't tested the 2.0 controller. I have to put the dongle onto the gen2 controller and have the cable plugged into the gen1 controller for it to work.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello every body and thanks for sharing your solution, i solved the same issue using a Frontpanel USB3, as with the USB 3 (lateral) from Corsair ST100, the mic doesn't work :/

Could be a good thing to fix it as ST100 is the native holder for Virtuoso :)

• 3 months later...

Hey everyone! I thought I would share a fix that I have found for an issue I experienced, that really had me banging my head on the wall.

I have the Virtuoso Special Edition.

My specific issue is: After starting my PC, looking in my input devices, I received input on the green bars. Upon opening any program that seized access to my microphone: all input would cease. I would no longer see any activity on the graph.

My headset configuration is: always plugged in, and always in wireless mode.

My solution to the specific issue above is: Unplug the headset from the USB-C port, unplug the dongle from the (hopefully) USB 2.0 port, wait 5 seconds, plug it back in, and wait for it to re-initialise.

Trying every solution I found on forums, the official article about this, etc. I had all but given up and bought a new microphone.

This method has worked every time for me so far. About 10. I love you all, and I'm sorry if this isn't your fix!

• 7 months later...

i just had the same problem. i tried to remove the files and reseting and nothing worked BUT now its fixed.  apparently my windows had reomoved the rigths to my mic from desk top aplications

so what i did 

1. in taskbar i search microhpone 

2. click in the privasy settings for the microphone

3. allow desk top apps to youse your microphone.

hope this works. and sorry for werry broken english 

Edited by mkl.

• 1 year later...