Corsair Community

Corsair Hydro H100i problem

SilvioRCR

Hi, in first i'm sorry for my bad english, i'm italian ad i have a school culture of the language.

I have a problem with my Corsair Hydro H100i.

I am using alternative fans for the radiator, two EK Vardar 120 EVO RGB and, when I connect them to the AIO splitter, both fans activate when the computer starts and stop immediately afterwards, not even activating in times of stress. CPU. In IDLE the temperature is around 48/50 ° and it is not normal.

On the other hand, if I connect the two fans to the various SYS Fans they work well and in IDLE the CPU is at 30 °.

In addition, my motherboard is equipped with a PUMP fan connector, however, following the instructions in the booklet, I connected the pump power cable to the CPU Fan connector, did I do the right thing?

I add that one connector for the hydro fans has 3 pins while the other has 4, I don't know if this is normal, in fact both Ek Vardar have 4 pins ..

I think I'm confused ..

A help?

0.thumb.jpg.e66fff78d8712ad63f9c352b8638d3c9.jpg

EK Vardar fans do not work on Corsair controllers, whether the AIO built in fan controllers or the Commander Pro. You'll need to move the fan control to the motherboard (assuming that works for the Vardar) or choose a different fan. Other models to be wary of are the Noctua Industrial 3000 PWM (the 2000 rpm version works fine) and any of the BeQuiet PWM models. The 4 +3 pin arrangement is normal for any PWM splitter. Only one speed reading for the pair reports back to the controller and thus only 1 tachometer wire.

Your motherboard requires something be plugged into CPU_FAN to boot. It doesn't matter if that is a fan or the H100i. Since that fan header is typically programmed for an air cooler fan, putting the non-reactive AIO connector there makes more sense. Most CPU fan header will run your case fans like they are on the air cooler, ramping up and down endlessly. If for whatever reason you can't put it there, a setting in the BIOS will override the safety requirement. You can also put the H100i on any other fan header.

**Every 240mm cooler for the last 8 years has been named "H100i", but usually with some additional modifier after (GTX, v2, Pro, Platinum, XT, etc). These all have different characteristics. If your cooler is power by a SATA connector, that is where the power comes from and the connector to the motherboard reports a pump or does nothing. If you have the H100i GTX or v2, that connector is the power for the cooler. You must set the BIOS fan control to disabled or 100% in some way.

EK Vardar fans do not work on Corsair controllers, whether the AIO built in fan controllers or the Commander Pro. You'll need to move the fan control to the motherboard (assuming that works for the Vardar) or choose a different fan. Other models to be wary of are the Noctua Industrial 3000 PWM (the 2000 rpm version works fine) and any of the BeQuiet PWM models. The 4 +3 pin arrangement is normal for any PWM splitter. Only one speed reading for the pair reports back to the controller and thus only 1 tachometer wire.

Your motherboard requires something be plugged into CPU_FAN to boot. It doesn't matter if that is a fan or the H100i. Since that fan header is typically programmed for an air cooler fan, putting the non-reactive AIO connector there makes more sense. Most CPU fan header will run your case fans like they are on the air cooler, ramping up and down endlessly. If for whatever reason you can't put it there, a setting in the BIOS will override the safety requirement. You can also put the H100i on any other fan header.

**Every 240mm cooler for the last 8 years has been named "H100i", but usually with some additional modifier after (GTX, v2, Pro, Platinum, XT, etc). These all have different characteristics. If your cooler is power by a SATA connector, that is where the power comes from and the connector to the motherboard reports a pump or does nothing. If you have the H100i GTX or v2, that connector is the power for the cooler. You must set the BIOS fan control to disabled or 100% in some way.

Thanks for the reply, which bad luck with the Ek Vardar! So if I want to I can connect them normally to the SYS FAN connectors of the motherboard without running into problems with the radiator? Connecting the fans to the Sys Fan connectors work well.

However, the correct version of the model is H100i V2, in fact it has the "Corsair Link USB cable", which I have connected.

The motherboard, if it can help, is an MSI MPG z390 Gaming Pro Carbon AC.

It’s fine to run the fans from the sys header. They will change speed more often than necessary, but it will still work.

Make sure the Cpu Fan header is set to 100% or disabled to keep the pump at full power. You can change the pump speed in iCUE/Link.

It’s fine to run the fans from the sys header. They will change speed more often than necessary, but it will still work.

Make sure the Cpu Fan header is set to 100% or disabled to keep the pump at full power. You can change the pump speed in iCUE/Link.

Ok thank you very much! The last thing, in Icue I see three options: Silent, balanced and extreme. Are you talking about these options?

At this moment it is set to "silent" but it is strange because the fan is stopped at 0 rpm, while the pump goes from 0 to 300rpm continuously.

If I change the mode the fan always remains at 0 rpm, while the pump reaches 600rpm if I put the extreme mode.

Other than those options, with iCUE, I don't have any more as well as various aesthetic and lighting options ..

The H100i v2 has a 2 speed, fixed RPM pump. I believe Quiet and Extreme will work like low/high settings. Either way, one preset will not work. The low speed should be around 1900 rpm and high above 2800 rpm as shown in iCUE/Link. Be aware the BIOS will show 1/2 the actual pump speed for that model cooler.

Either way, it seems like you might not have the BIOS cpu fan header set to 100%. That would also affect any fans connected to the cooler and they may not get enough voltage to start. PWM fans need the full 12v. However, the Vardar are generally problematic so I don’t think this will cure the fan problem. They’ll just spin faster, but still not respond to commands. All fan control for the cooler will be through the BIOS when they are on SYS Fan. Don’t use BIOS controls to change the pump’s speed. Only in iCUE.

The H100i v2 has a 2 speed, fixed RPM pump. I believe Quiet and Extreme will work like low/high settings. Either way, one preset will not work. The low speed should be around 1900 rpm and high above 2800 rpm as shown in iCUE/Link. Be aware the BIOS will show 1/2 the actual pump speed for that model cooler.

Either way, it seems like you might not have the BIOS cpu fan header set to 100%. That would also affect any fans connected to the cooler and they may not get enough voltage to start. PWM fans need the full 12v. However, the Vardar are generally problematic so I don’t think this will cure the fan problem. They’ll just spin faster, but still not respond to commands. All fan control for the cooler will be through the BIOS when they are on SYS Fan. Don’t use BIOS controls to change the pump’s speed. Only in iCUE.

Thank you so much! I decided to change fans, connecting the Ek Vardar in Sys Fan I have a temperature in IDLE that does not drive me crazy. The Corsair ML120PRO I guess are perfectly compatible right?

Yes, the ML should work as will nearly every other fan out there. The Vardar are somewhat unique and whatever EK used to implement the zero RPM feature on those may be the issue. The BeQuiets have a strange PWM curve from any controller. Apparently something about is a little too out of bounds for this controller. All Noctua fans work, except the 3000 rpm industrial. The 2000 PRM industrial works just fine as I used NF-F12i and A14i PWM fans for years on it.