Corsair Community

H100i RGB Platinum not tight enough? High CPU Temps

DamianJ

Hi guys, a little help if you can. I've have connected up the H100i over my Ryzen 9 3900x on an x570 master board and I'm getting temps of between 50 and 60 degrees at idle with 8 fans in a 680x setup.

On the Cue software, it is showing a steady 30.2 degrees, is this the water pump or the cpu temp? As the readings of my Aorus software are showing CPU temps of betwwen 48 and 60 with the CPU fan fluctuating to compensate

I'm not sure if I have this tight enough as I'm worried to tighten too much as a friend tightened his all the way to lock and after only a few hours the bracket snapped.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Edited by DamianJ

In iCUE, it's showing the coolant temperature.

With the Ryzen CPUs, you have two temps ... so you need to see which one you are looking at. One is the tCtl - this is a "Control Temperature" that is used to allow for a consistent fan curve profile across the different Ryzen CPUs. The other is tDie, which is the actual temp of the die. TCtl will be the tDie + some offset - which varies based on model.

If your tDie temp is 50-60C, that's a problem. If that's tCtl, it probably isn't.