Corsair Community

H100i RGB Platinum bug with Division 2

tayguerr

EDIT: This seems to be related to the "false coolant temp rise" on the Platinum series" suggested by c-attack, not an issue with Division 2 itself.

I'm experiencing strange behavior after exiting Division 2 that possibly seems to be related to the games iCUE integration. I first discovered this when I noticed that after exiting the game, I'd hear my fan speeds ramp up significantly. As fans are corresponding to my H100i RGB Platinum temp, I further investigated what is going on. Here is a picture of the coolant temp after exiting the game after about an hour of gameplay:

1262764262_Annotation2020-04-06104009.thumb.jpg.a06575311f7d78b6ea601b0636fce49f.jpg

The temps seem to immediately shoot up by about .3-.5 deg Celsius. Temp readings on my commander pro seem to be normal. Since this doesn't seem to happen with other games, I tested with SDK disabled. Temps seem to be more normal:

2127650702_Annotation2020-04-06105341.thumb.jpg.cd13eb2013aacdff95d102f109db7642.jpg

Not the biggest deal - I can deal with the increased noise, and temps aren't approaching anywhere near dangerous levels, but it does appear to be a bug that I thought should be reported.

Edit: My bad - I noticed the first pic I linked the fan speed, not the coolant temp. The curve should look pretty similar though.

Edited by tayguerr

I played D2 and I have noticed that iCUE has the integration for the keyboard and mouse. I had to disable SDK in the iCUE setting. This did not fix my problem, but it might fix yours. Worth a try. Its in the settings, uncheck ENABLE SDK.

That is interesting and obviously you would expect the coolant temp to start dropping the moment you quit the load -- not the opposite. However, I wonder if it is related the sometimes reported "false coolant temp rise" on the Platinum series. Users setting full white could watch the coolant temp tick up 3-5C like they were running a stress test. Obviously it is not really increasing, but the software doesn't know that and responds accordingly.

What's really weird about this is the Division 2 color scheme is a lot of white + orange. Your default profile appears to be a slightly darker shade of blue, something that if this premise is true, should affect the coolant temp (or its sensor) less than the highly bright white orange mix. I would have expected you to report the coolant temp spikes unusually when the SDK lighting scheme kicks in, not when it stops.

As mentioned above, you can stop the programmed light effects by unchecking the SDK box in iCUE or there is an in game setting for it as well to turn off D2 only. I will see if anyone else reports something similar.

Thanks for your help again, c-attack.

I think you are right in that it's related to whatever you were referring to with the "false coolant temp rise." I just changed the cooler color from the blue/purple to static white and this is what happened:

1193155572_Annotation2020-04-06162314.thumb.jpg.3a4e8498132341919b5d2e6b61ed8e5d.jpg

Which seems to be the opposite of what you described, but that's probably unimportant. I guess this isn't related to D2 at all. I'll modify the original post to reflect this.

That is the opposite of what I'd expect since white (255/255/255) should use more power than any single primary or intermediate color. It also suggests that sensor proximity to the LEDs is not the issue. This was a thing for a little white and then I thought there was a firmware update that addressed it. I have lost track of the issue and it hasn't come up in a while. Someone else with a Platinum may be more aware and I would contact Corsair Support through the ticket system to see what they say.