Corsair Community

Bug: iCUE Macros Not Working

SajuukCor

This bug has been going on for YEARS. Bringing the problem to light again to see about it finally getting it fixed.

Problem: After rebooting the computer iCUE will say macros are not working (specifically for me the Scimitar side buttons) and try repairing the installation, which doesn't work. You have to continue to reboot the computer until something clicks for iCUE to register and execute the macros correctly.

I've tried everything to fix it, from a complete system refresh to direct removal of everything Corsair on the computer. Here's the error log from the debugger:

2020-03-10 03:22:32.2612 | 20 | KAPISI | 3.26.0.5 | PowerManagementWatcher | ->

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800706BE): The remote procedure call failed. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BE)

at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)

at System.Management.SinkForEventQuery.Cancel()

at System.Management.ManagementEventWatcher.Stop()

at CorsairLink4.Common.Shared.PowerManagementWatcher.Dispose(Boolean disposing)

2020-03-10 03:24:12.4576 | 5 | KAPISI | 3.26.0.5 | PowerManagementWatcher | ->

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800706BE): The remote procedure call failed. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BE)

at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)

2020-03-10 03:25:46.7904 | 17 | KAPISI | 3.26.0.5 | PowerManagementWatcher | ->

2020-03-10 03:27:26.1077 | 5 | KAPISI | 3.26.0.5 | PowerManagementWatcher | ->

Windows 10 v1909

16GB RAM

ASUS Z270-K Motherboard

All my drivers and software are up to date.

Hello, I have the same problem, the updates released on 11 March by windows has blocked use of some of the corsair products.

Uninstall said updates until icue is updated or windows gets it stuff fixed.

I wish it was that simple for me. This problem has been going on for years now since the release of v3 of iCUE.

• 2 weeks later...
I just noticed Hardware actions in Icue, I made new macros and put them in there. The normal actions are not working but when I close icue the hardware actions still work.

I've been trying out the Hardware Profiles and noticed that too. All the more reason to show that the iCUE software is not working correctly.

Many of us can't remove iCUE because we need it for the keyboard and headsets as well, so this issue still needs to be resolved.

• 4 months later...
SIGH! I finally getting it to work last fall. And suddenly, for no reason, last week my K95 RGB Platinum keyboard stopped being recognized. So, I gave the latest update a chance (v3.31.81). Big mistake! Now, although my keyboard is now recognized, I'm back to ground zero with the 'Action' macros bound to my M65 RGB Elite mouse no longer working again. Makes playing TF2 extremely difficult as I am tuned to being able to quickly change weapons. Edited by mantiss

:idea:

Okay, I got to work using a workaround solution (as this is a problem between iCue and Win 10):

1. In the 'Settings' | 'iCue Settings' | 'General' tab... deselect/un-check the "Start on system startup" option.

2. Restart Windows

3. Wait for all background apps to start--for good measure

4. Start iCue manually.

Your macros should now work. I can't remember the exact issue between Windows 10 and latest iCue versions; but this solution works for me. Just have to remember to start iCue manually.

• 3 months later...
:idea:

Okay, I got to work using a workaround solution (as this is a problem between iCue and Win 10):

1. In the 'Settings' | 'iCue Settings' | 'General' tab... deselect/un-check the "Start on system startup" option.

2. Restart Windows

3. Wait for all background apps to start--for good measure

4. Start iCue manually.

Your macros should now work. I can't remember the exact issue between Windows 10 and latest iCue versions; but this solution works for me. Just have to remember to start iCue manually.

I have been repairing iCue, seemingly, once every three days to fix this problem. Your solution seems to be working so far. I created a routine in the task scheduler to start iCue on start-up, so I don't have to start it manually. I'll post here again if it works for a week.

Update: After 10 days, macros have only stopped working ONCE. You're on to something.

Update 2: This fixed my problem. Works 100% of the time for two straight months.

Edited by itzTHATguy