The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-31-2011, 02:12 PM
hamzta's PC Specs

POST ID # = 487121
hamzta Reputation: 10

Wow I got it working yesterday, and now today its back to being a glitchy software. Wont reckognize the headset.

Old 02-05-2011, 09:23 PM
hamzta's PC Specs

POST ID # = 487879

This crap seems to be related to the "Virtual" and "Dolby" things in the Corsairs Control panel.

Oh and I cant use ANY communication software WHILE playing a game without the left & right switching sides.
This means: Skype, Mumble, Teamspeak, Ventrilo and even Steams Voice chat.
Plus people can barely hear me, and there is a buzzing type noise in the background.

And there is no possibility to RMA something that is related to software, or is there?
And no Im not RMA'ing through your procedure and paying money for it.

Old 02-08-2011, 04:41 PM
hamzta's PC Specs

POST ID # = 488267

For an official forum, its lacking in official replies.

Keep doing it this way Corsair, keep doing it, its good PR!

Old 02-08-2011, 05:41 PM
Banned

POST ID # = 488279
Yellowbeard Reputation: 46

I think the best thing at this point is an RMA. Use the link on the left side of this page and we'll send you a new headset ASAP. If the problem persists, we'll be glad to help out again at that point.

Old 02-09-2011, 01:34 AM
hamzta's PC Specs

POST ID # = 488348

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowbeard View Post
I think the best thing at this point is an RMA. Use the link on the left side of this page and we'll send you a new headset ASAP. If the problem persists, we'll be glad to help out again at that point.
An RMA will not fix it.

Quote:
And no Im not RMA'ing through your procedure and paying money for it.
And FYI my location isnt US.
And an RMA through your thing would be 30 euros which is pretty much half of what the headset cost here in Sweden.

Old 02-09-2011, 02:04 AM
Administrator
Wired's PC Specs

POST ID # = 488351
Wired Reputation: 32

Sidenote: They've got an RMA depot in NL. 30 euro to NL or to the USA?
Admin of this forum / webdesignforums.net / Petri's IT Forum / The Corsair Memory Steam Group
Founder/Creator/Admin of ZE SECRET PROJECT (Coming Soon)

Old 02-09-2011, 03:12 AM
Banned

POST ID # = 488355

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamzta View Post
An RMA will not fix it.
No one said anything about RMAing it to the US. You can return it to your retailer or RMA with us via our EU hub.

Yours is the only case I have seen of this issue. I believe you simply have a defective headset which needs to be replaced.

Old 02-10-2011, 08:03 PM
hamzta's PC Specs

POST ID # = 488713

Quote:
No one said anything about RMAing it to the US. You can return it to your retailer or RMA with us via our EU hub.

Yours is the only case I have seen of this issue. I believe you simply have a defective headset which needs to be replaced.
Then stop sending out the flyers with the copies when it does not apply to all countries.

And I dont see how its the headset when its the software that is at fault, and I have found others with similar problems, and pretty much 90% got the balance issue when below 20/100 volume. And if anyone uses more than 25/100 that person got to have quite the bad hearing. Cause its exremely loud.
Perhaps not everyone NOTICES it but Im sure alot have it.

I also find it hilarious how it seems youve abandoned the software support i.e. drivers for this headset.
Or did you -ever- release a driver for this headset?

Last edited by hamzta; 02-10-2011 at 08:05 PM.

Old 02-10-2011, 08:39 PM
Administrator
Wired's PC Specs

POST ID # = 488721

What flyer are you talking about?

Yes, a driver was on the CD that came with the headset and can also be found on the left sidebar.
Admin of this forum / webdesignforums.net / Petri's IT Forum / The Corsair Memory Steam Group

Old 02-11-2011, 01:34 PM
hamzta's PC Specs

POST ID # = 488843

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wired View Post
What flyer are you talking about?

Yes, a driver was on the CD that came with the headset and can also be found on the left sidebar.
Why are you here when you dont know what Im talking about?

The flyer that comes with EVERY copy on the planet that states: DO NOT CONTACT THE RETAILER!

I wouldnt call the CD that came when the headset was released a driver, its just the vanilla software. A driver is what I call something you download and isnt in vanilla anymore, meaning, updated.
You know, things with soundcards, graphics cards, anything really, gets driver updates, this headset has recieved: Nothing.

Old 02-11-2011, 01:52 PM
Banned

POST ID # = 488849

Quote:
Why are you here when you dont know what Im talking about?
Because he is a forum administrator and helps people out.

As for the flyer, if a person has not seen the same retail packaging you have, then they have not likely seen the flyer. Your reference was very random.

Please, RMA the headset.

Old 02-11-2011, 10:37 PM
hamzta's PC Specs

POST ID # = 488892

Quote:
Because he is a forum administrator and helps people out.

As for the flyer, if a person has not seen the same retail packaging you have, then they have not likely seen the flyer. Your reference was very random.

Please, RMA the headset.
Uh, you only have one flyer according to BLACKbeard. And EVERYONE gets it. And what makes you sure the admin has the headset? He didnt have it according to me and his PMs.

And it appears you call em "Leaflets"

Old 02-11-2011, 11:02 PM
Administrator
Wired's PC Specs

POST ID # = 488894

Yes as we're all now aware and reminded there's a leaflet/flyer (to each his own) in the packaging that states you shouldn't return it to the store.

Yes, Blackbeard said that the wording in said leaflet/flyer would hopefully be adjusted in the future.

Yes, one guy paid €30 to RMA his headset, but without a clear answer as to the final destination (NL, USA, or Taiwan depot) or how he shipped it or even who he shipped it with, there's no way to know if the price was too much or fair.

No, I have not seen the leaflet in person and no, I don't own an HS1. That is what Yellowbeard was referring to, in that if someone doesn't own the headset, then they wouldn't know what it says.

Yes, not fully stating the source of statements and references does make it confusing to understand what one is talking about. This thread reference should sufficiently update people reading this thread: http://www.sweclockers.com/forum/127...osts-attached/

Old 02-12-2011, 02:07 AM
Banned

POST ID # = 488908

Quote:
Uh, you only have one flyer according to BLACKbeard. And EVERYONE gets it. And what makes you sure the admin has the headset? He didnt have it according to me and his PMs.
The admin does NOT have an HS1. That is exactly the point. He has not seen the retail packaging or whatever comes inside of it.

Debating "leaflets" and "flyers" serves no purpose whatsoever. It is FAR beyond the scope of Tech Support. Let's have no more of it please.

Hamtza, you have been given your options. We value you as a customer and would like to get you a working headset. If you refuse to RMA the current unit and you cannot or will not return it to your retailer, I am afraid that you are out of options.

Old 02-12-2011, 06:09 PM
hamzta's PC Specs

POST ID # = 488974

Quote:
The admin does NOT have an HS1. That is exactly the point. He has not seen the retail packaging or whatever comes inside of it.

Debating "leaflets" and "flyers" serves no purpose whatsoever. It is FAR beyond the scope of Tech Support. Let's have no more of it please.

Hamtza, you have been given your options. We value you as a customer and would like to get you a working headset. If you refuse to RMA the current unit and you cannot or will not return it to your retailer, I am afraid that you are out of options.
The shipping was to NL @ the admin.

And I would never RMA it through your service as that would take several weeks, shipping to NL then they have to 'test' the headset and it would probably be lying in a Queue for a while, and then either ship it back or send a new one. Plus paying for it!
Perhaps they would find no problems with it, perhaps they only try it in one software, or just a short movie clip?
Or do they fully test it?

The thing is, the left/right swap is completely random, but it mostly happen when you got more than one software running that has a sound input/output.
It is as if the Headset or Soundcard tries to, lets say I run winamp while playing EVE (in 7.1) perhaps its trying to Emulate the Stereo source from Winamp into 7.1 and therefor the sound become misplaced... I dont know.
Are there any techies at Corsair that could explain it all?
How it all works?

And it happens much more often when using -any- of the Two dolby modes, either Dolby 7.1 Shifter or Dolby Prologic (which has no difference in anything at all from what I have noticed, other than in Music the music gets really really low in volume.

If I would RMA the headset and ask for the 3.5mm version (HS1A) would I get a refund? Due to the HS1A being cheaper and lacks the HS1 features?