The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-26-2019, 02:40 PM
Fishman101's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1009399
Fishman101 Reputation: 10
Default corsair ll120 rgb only half lighting up.

hello, I have eight ll120 rgb fans installed in my case at the moment. when I first installed them they all worked fine apart from the occasional clash with msi mystic light.

now when I went into icue to change the colours of the fans, three of the fans now do not light up anymore, four of them work correctly and change colours ect properly. there is one fan however that only three quarters of the fan lights up-like one segment of the outer ring does nothing. any help would be greatly appreciated.

my specs are:
MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon
AMD Ryzen 2700x
Corsair Vengance RGB 16GB
8x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans
EVGA GTX 1080 SC
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0337.JPG (2.72 MB, 120 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0335.JPG (3.51 MB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0336.JPG (4.01 MB, 72 views)

Old 06-27-2019, 02:50 AM

POST ID # = 1009429
Clem074 Reputation: 15

I guess it's dead led in you fan.
I have to replace 4 of my 6 LL because of that.

Still dealing with the worst sav I've ever seen so good luck my friend, that's just the beginning.

Learn mediation before sending a ticket !

Old 06-27-2019, 09:09 AM
Fishman101's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1009451
Fishman101 Reputation: 10

So, that one led is whats causing the other fans to not light up? Its only a week old too. Is there nothing else i can do apart from replace the fan?

Edit, just turned the pc on and all the fans have lit up even the one that seems to have a dud led, dunno whats going on

Edit edit as soon as icue boots up the dud led has stuck on red and all other fans in the series have frozen.

Last edited by Fishman101; 06-27-2019 at 09:42 AM.

Old 06-27-2019, 12:29 PM
PJH's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1009463
PJH Reputation: 14

Hey, hey!

Is this a new build? Did you configure the fans in iCUE? iCUE needs to know how many fans you have on LED #1 or LED #2, and that they are LL fans.

Old 09-27-2019, 06:17 PM
JordanZ's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1019422
JordanZ Reputation: 10

Hi, I'm currently having the same issue... I built my PC earlier this year and up until a couple of days ago the LL120 RGB fans started doing strange lighting. I have 4 fans plugged into the Corsair Node and I'm using a static white setting.

Sometimes the fans will be half white and the other half some random color that ICUE is not even set to. Also all the time I have 1 LED on the outer rim of each fan cycling on and off.

I have tried switching the fans around on different ports on the Corsair Node and that has not helped. I have check and made sure that all of ICUE is up to date. The last thing I can think of doing is checking the wiring but all of the fans fully light up properly when the PC is starting up.

I have a feeling this is mostly a software issue with ICUE?

Old 09-27-2019, 10:49 PM

POST ID # = 1019437
Burke888 Reputation: 10
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanZ View Post
Hi, I'm currently having the same issue... I built my PC earlier this year and up until a couple of days ago the LL120 RGB fans started doing strange lighting. I have 4 fans plugged into the Corsair Node and I'm using a static white setting.

Sometimes the fans will be half white and the other half some random color that ICUE is not even set to. Also all the time I have 1 LED on the outer rim of each fan cycling on and off.

I have tried switching the fans around on different ports on the Corsair Node and that has not helped. I have check and made sure that all of ICUE is up to date. The last thing I can think of doing is checking the wiring but all of the fans fully light up properly when the PC is starting up.

I have a feeling this is mostly a software issue with ICUE?
Hi Jordan,

Same issue here. I believe it is some sort of software issue, I've had two tickets open with Corsair and no luck.
I encourage you to open a ticket so they are aware of the problems.

Tags
icue, ll120, ll120 color change