The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Systems > CORSAIR ONE

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-02-2017, 05:19 PM
RC_ONE's PC Specs

POST ID # = 925243
RC_ONE Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Dustin View Post

Our engineering team has ordered your monitor to check the DisplayPort issue.
How is this going? Has the monitor been received yet? Testing begun?

Last edited by Technobeard; 11-03-2017 at 01:01 PM. Reason: fixed bbcode

Old 11-03-2017, 11:50 AM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Dustin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 925304
Corsair Dustin Reputation: 41

We did receive the monitor but unfortunately were unable to reproduce the issue. We tried it on three different units matching your configuration, checking both DisplayPorts on each one. I personally verified that it was working fine at 100Hz. I'm not entirely sure what we can do from here.

Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.

Old 11-03-2017, 02:39 PM

POST ID # = 925327
MrPace Reputation: 10

Quote:
We did receive the monitor but unfortunately were unable to reproduce the issue. We tried it on three different units matching your configuration, checking both DisplayPorts on each one. I personally verified that it was working fine at 100Hz. I'm not entirely sure what we can do from here.
Just to clarify, I only experienced the flickering while playing AAA games, and also while viewing full screen YouTube videos in Chrome. Once I switched to the 2nd DisplayPort, the flickering when switching to full screen video in Chrome went away.

The flicker in AAA video games only seemed to happen once, at the start of the game...so it seems it was flickering when switching to GSYNC, as I have GSYNC set to only be in play in full screen mode.

Old 11-03-2017, 04:07 PM
RC_ONE's PC Specs

POST ID # = 925341

Quote:
*sigh* This is frustrating.

* I've tested this monitor with a different PC, no issues.
* I've tested both C1 Pro's with this monitor, the problem exhibits itself.
* I've tested the replacement C1 Pro on my neighbor's Asus ROG Display (same 3440 x 1440 panel as my Acer Predator), the problem occurred on it too at 85Hz/100Hz. His doesn't have the 120Hz "overclock".
* Testing was done with G-sync off and on.

And it's only the top Displayport, on both C1 Pro's, not the middle one. :baffled:

Thank you for testing it. At this point I think I'll have to take it as a sign it wasn't meant to be for me. Maybe when you get these specific units back you can figure out what the issue is.

Last edited by RC_ONE; 11-03-2017 at 05:31 PM.

Old 11-06-2017, 01:32 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 925547

I wish I had a better answer for you. You can always try another RMA, but we tested that monitor against three different Corsair Ones, and we looped FireStrike on each one, and were unable to reproduce this issue.

Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.

Old 11-28-2017, 07:13 AM
RC_ONE's PC Specs

POST ID # = 928142

Quote:
I wish I had a better answer for you. You can always try another RMA, but we tested that monitor against three different Corsair Ones, and we looped FireStrike on each one, and were unable to reproduce this issue.
I last spoke with Deanna a month ago.

I left two separate messages a few days apart with reps a couple of weeks ago by phone for her to get back to me to set up the RMA return. No call back.

I sent her an email Friday morning regarding the RMA. I realize it was the holiday, but no reply on Monday which is a business day.

Please ask her to either check her email or to call me so I can follow through with the RMA return process?

I'm concerned at this point about getting a refund for the $400 RMA exchange deposit when every customer support communication is slowed down by lack of reply/response over the course of weeks. I'm ready to move forward at a rapid pace. As much as I love the design and the concept, an experience this weekend proved to me the Corsair ONE isn't viably reliable for my needs. So, I'd like to complete this entire process before years end.

I do look forward to future iterations of the Corsair ONE line. If the Link software requirement to manage system fans is solved, and the screen blanking issue is as well (I understand it may not affect all systems, but I'm not interested in continually trying RMA's at this time), then I would be very interested in revisiting the C1 Pro line. I already hate having to part with it. It's so quiet, and attractively designed.

Also, thank you for your own daily check-ins and replies on the forum during the weekday. They're the only reason I even continued to try to find a way to justify keeping the system despite the misleading advertising that got me to buy it, and the state of customer service outside the forum.

And, if you're thinking the weekend sales have anything to do with this decision, they don't. While gaming, I got a strong reminder just how critical Link is and how vulnerable the Corsair ONE system is, if it for some reason the Link service doesn't work, and how likely that issue is to come up in my regular use. Not to mention what would happen if it occurred while my wife was using it for design work.

I sincerely wish the Corsair ONE team the best. I very much want to give it another shot some time when the issues I've experienced are resolved.

Last edited by RC_ONE; 11-28-2017 at 09:47 AM.

Old 11-28-2017, 11:12 AM

POST ID # = 928184

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC_ONE View Post
While gaming, I got a strong reminder just how critical Link is and how vulnerable the Corsair ONE system is, if it for some reason the Link service doesn't work, and how likely that issue is to come up in my regular use. Not to mention what would happen if it occurred while my wife was using it for design work.
I, along with every other C1 owner, would really like to hear some details about what happened...

I've never experienced anything glitchy with LINK, and I've done a lot of AAA gaming on my C1 since I received it at the end of September...

Old 11-28-2017, 12:59 PM
RC_ONE's PC Specs

POST ID # = 928192

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPace View Post
I, along with every other C1 owner, would really like to hear some details about what happened...

I've never experienced anything glitchy with LINK, and I've done a lot of AAA gaming on my C1 since I received it at the end of September...
Simply put, I was troubleshooting an issue with a game and following instructions to resolve the issue. I had to boot into safe mode. The Link service apparently didn't start, and while testing the game in safe mode I was just lucky I noticed the temps spiking in time as the fans weren't stepping up to compensate. There are other details but those are the basics.

A few months, or a year from now...I may forget Link's importance and boot off a live cd, or perform some other simple standard task which precludes the service from running like I did this past weekend, or something might conflict with Link, or an unexpected bug might be introduced to it in an update...etc, and I don't want my PC damaged or data lost due to the necessity of a critical 3rd party service not loading or in some way failing. It's a gamble, and I'm not big on high risk gambling with my data or expensive hardware.

Old 11-28-2017, 01:18 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 928196

I appreciate you being patient with us and trying to work through these problems, and totally understand if Corsair One - at least in its current incarnation - doesn't meet your needs. Our primary concern, honestly, is that our customers be happy with the products they purchase from us.

So you're aware, we're making slow and steady progress with working out the customer service side of Corsair One. There are a lot of tiny details that are proving to be large challenges, and they're being sorted one by one. Your experience didn't go unnoticed or ignored.

Thank you again for giving us an honest shot. The feedback, if nothing else, was valuable and useful.

Quote:
I last spoke with Deanna a month ago.

I left two separate messages a few days apart with reps a couple of weeks ago by phone for her to get back to me to set up the RMA return. No call back.

I sent her an email Friday morning regarding the RMA. I realize it was the holiday, but no reply on Monday which is a business day.

Please ask her to either check her email or to call me so I can follow through with the RMA return process?

I'm concerned at this point about getting a refund for the $400 RMA exchange deposit when every customer support communication is slowed down by lack of reply/response over the course of weeks. I'm ready to move forward at a rapid pace. As much as I love the design and the concept, an experience this weekend proved to me the Corsair ONE isn't viably reliable for my needs. So, I'd like to complete this entire process before years end.

I do look forward to future iterations of the Corsair ONE line. If the Link software requirement to manage system fans is solved, and the screen blanking issue is as well (I understand it may not affect all systems, but I'm not interested in continually trying RMA's at this time), then I would be very interested in revisiting the C1 Pro line. I already hate having to part with it. It's so quiet, and attractively designed.

Also, thank you for your own daily check-ins and replies on the forum during the weekday. They're the only reason I even continued to try to find a way to justify keeping the system despite the misleading advertising that got me to buy it, and the state of customer service outside the forum.

And, if you're thinking the weekend sales have anything to do with this decision, they don't. While gaming, I got a strong reminder just how critical Link is and how vulnerable the Corsair ONE system is, if it for some reason the Link service doesn't work, and how likely that issue is to come up in my regular use. Not to mention what would happen if it occurred while my wife was using it for design work.

I sincerely wish the Corsair ONE team the best. I very much want to give it another shot some time when the issues I've experienced are resolved.

Old 11-28-2017, 05:39 PM

POST ID # = 928237

Quote:
Simply put, I was troubleshooting an issue with a game and following instructions to resolve the issue. I had to boot into safe mode. The Link service apparently didn't start, and while testing the game in safe mode I was just lucky I noticed the temps spiking in time as the fans weren't stepping up to compensate. There are other details but those are the basics.

A few months, or a year from now...I may forget Link's importance and boot off a live cd, or perform some other simple standard task which precludes the service from running like I did this past weekend, or something might conflict with Link, or an unexpected bug might be introduced to it in an update...etc, and I don't want my PC damaged or data lost due to the necessity of a critical 3rd party service not loading or in some way failing. It's a gamble, and I'm not big on high risk gambling with my data or expensive hardware.
Makes perfect sense. Thanks for explaining further.

Old 11-30-2017, 02:03 PM
RC_ONE's PC Specs

POST ID # = 928485

Quote:
I appreciate you being patient with us and trying to work through these problems, and totally understand if Corsair One - at least in its current incarnation - doesn't meet your needs. Our primary concern, honestly, is that our customers be happy with the products they purchase from us.

So you're aware, we're making slow and steady progress with working out the customer service side of Corsair One. There are a lot of tiny details that are proving to be large challenges, and they're being sorted one by one. Your experience didn't go unnoticed or ignored.

Thank you again for giving us an honest shot. The feedback, if nothing else, was valuable and useful.
Thanks, Dustin. It's nice to hear my experience and feedback might have a constructive outcome, and if/when I revisit the Corsair One line, I'll look forward to the results of that slow and steady progress towards an improved customer/tech support experience. Best of luck with those tiny details and large challenges, I know how that can go :)

Meanwhile, I haven't heard back from Deanna yet. I have $6000 worth of C1 hardware sitting here, and I'd like to free up the funds form my original purchase to acquire a system that I can use until my next romp in Corsair One space. I tried to get the process started long before Black Friday so I'd have more affordable options, but now I'd just like to have this resolved before years end.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, because first I need to return the RMA, and then I need to work out how to return the original C1 purchase. It was through Amazon, and there's a complication with returning it to them I need to work out with someone. Hopefully, sooner than later

Old 12-01-2017, 09:43 PM
RC_ONE's PC Specs

POST ID # = 928657

So...about 3 weeks now since I requested a call back (twice). No call back.

A week since I sent an email. No reply.

3 days since I posted here about it.

It's now end of business Friday on both coasts.

Edit: I do empathize with the challenges of getting customer service up to snuff. It doesn't change the customer/consumer frustration over or understanding of why it takes weeks, not days, to receive a phone call, or an email reply to (paraphrased) "please reissue a shipping label to return the RMA'd exchange unit". <- but just that short and sweet. No complexity.

I need to work out a full refund with Corsair (I purchased through Amazon and there are issues with returning it to them), but everyone around me is saying based on what I've been experiencing and what they've read regarding other Corsair customer experiences, that I likely won't see that refund for months, if ever, and will need to follow up more decisively. I'd much rather keep things cordial. I really want to revisit the C1 line next year or after 2019 CES, and be able to fall in love with everything I do like about the Corsair One, without the caveats experienced with the current version.

I'd like to have a timeline for the return of the systems and refund worked out before weeks end. Preferably by end of business tomorrow. I don't want this to continue to be a concern for me going into the new year, please.

The Corsair One Pro CS-9000009-NA was, $2895.24 (including tax). Plus the advanced RMA hold (when Corsair receives it back) of $400.

Total: $3295.24 USD

Last edited by RC_ONE; 12-05-2017 at 01:17 AM.

Old 12-04-2017, 10:19 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Alan's PC Specs

POST ID # = 929089
Corsair Alan Reputation: 10

Hi RC_ONE,

Its been really busy, but you should be receiving your pre-paid label soon.

Old 12-05-2017, 09:37 AM
RC_ONE's PC Specs

POST ID # = 929184

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Alan View Post
Hi RC_ONE,

Its been really busy, but you should be receiving your pre-paid label soon.

Thanks Alan, return RMA UPS label received.

Old 12-09-2017, 01:03 PM
RC_ONE's PC Specs

POST ID # = 929812

UPS picked up the Corsair One Pro Return RMA today.

Yep, first day of snow in NYC! :D

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Corsair_UPS_20171209.jpg (703.5 KB, 200 views)

Closed Thread

Tags
corsair, corsair one, corsair one pro, tech support