Corsair Community

Your new CUE software renders Discord unable to produce audio

Bruhno

So apparently since your new CUE update, Discord which is a communication program such as Teamspeak, Skype and so on, is now unable to produce audio through the headset. This is really weird and Discord has already informed me that it has no control over which device is being used if it set to default (which it is) instead it plays through the last used default device that is NOT the headset. If I uninstall CUE, the headset is suddenly able to produce audio from Discord. The microphone still operates normally when CUE is installed, only the audio is gone. Does this maybe have something to do with the fact that the headset now acts as a 7.1 per standard? Just an idea. Remember, Discord has already assured me that this issue is not on their end and I'm still in dialogue with them.

- Bruhn

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If I uninstall CUE, the headset is suddenly able to produce audio from Discord.

After the update, as mentioned it's the driver/software update that is making the issue, not the headset itself. Or that's at least my best guess looking at how it works without the new driver/software.

Does your headset work with Skype, Vent, Mumble, etc?

Skype and Teamspeak work without any issues.

EDIT: I've also managed to recreate the error on my laptop using my current headset and the newest CUE software/drivers.

My conversation with Discord can be found here; https://twitter.com/BruhnoDesigns/status/655043414812160001

The respond to 7.1 was that it was indeed supported.

I've attached some logs and my system report if that is of any help.

advanced report.txt

2015-10-16T12-54-56.txt

2015-10-15T15-22-14.txt

2015-10-15T15-23-41.txt

2015-10-16T12-10-47.txt

2015-10-16T16-00-45.txt

• Corsair Employee
If the headset works with other software but not with Discord, then I think the issue is with Discord itself. Normally if there is an issue with our driver, more than one application would be affected. However, if there isn't any other app that is broken, then it is a software issue with Discord itself.

Had to make an account here to post this, but I have the same issue with raidcall. I can use my mic but no sound comes through my headset. Big issue since this is the way i always communicate with my friends. Please provide a speedy update. thanks.

If the headset works with other software but not with Discord, then I think the issue is with Discord itself. Normally if there is an issue with our driver, more than one application would be affected. However, if there isn't any other app that is broken, then it is a software issue with Discord itself.

I kinda understand your reasoning but at the same time the issue came with your new update to CUE, disappears when CUE is uninstalled and returns once again when reinstalled. It worked just fine before your update.

I let the discord devs know about the issue with this headset.

It seems what happens is the audio does play, but not through the headset - it plays through my speakers! And it seems to swap between the headset and the speakers seemingly at random, sometimes it will work and sometimes it won't. I'm not sure if the problems only started after a specific cue version because I wasn't using it heavily enough until just recently.

I let the discord devs know about the issue with this headset.

It seems what happens is the audio does play, but not through the headset - it plays through my speakers! And it seems to swap between the headset and the speakers seemingly at random, sometimes it will work and sometimes it won't. I'm not sure if the problems only started after a specific cue version because I wasn't using it heavily enough until just recently.

If you read the post you would know contacting them is useless as I've already been in contact with them as mentioned and the new update to CUE has proven to be the issue.

I created an account to respond to this too. I'm having the EXACT same problem. No audio from discord, but the mic works fine. If I uninstall the software everything works, however I lose 7.1 sound, which is the whole reason I got the headset to begin with.

T-minus 7 days until my window to return these expires. Please fix the problem!

Hey everyone,

Yep same problem for me, after the software update I think. I always had problems with discord when it starts when Windows starts, but that was fixable by rebooting discord. Now it doesn't work at all. Like everyone said, mic works fine. Skype works as well.

Hi everyone, I just wanted to give you all an update on the progress with Discord. Recently, we have been working with Discord and sending them VOID headsets so that we can quickly resolve the "compatibility" issues between our headsets/CUE and Discord. We don't have an ETA but I just wanted to let everyone in this thread know.

Archived