The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-26-2015, 06:37 PM

POST ID # = 775522
vic256 Reputation: 10
Default Vengeance 1500, loud volume, low microphone

Bought a H1500 headset to replace a cheap gamecom 780 headset I sat on by accident breaking it... This headset is close to unusable, I've tried newest, older drivers and generic windows drivers, my kids computers and my own gamer laptop, all running winows 8.1..The result is the same every time, the volume is almost unbearable high on even the lowest settings, volume level 0 is off, level 2 which is 1 click blows out the eardrums, forget any volume levels above 2..

Microphone level is so low that a skype conversation is impossible without yelling and the other end pays very close attention and there's no microphone boost option in the drivers...

The volume level setoff and the low microphone level can be somewhat fixed by using the freeware software 'Equalizer APO' as suggested elsewhere in this forum but it shouldnt be necessary to fiddle around with equalizers and freeware software to get the headset to work and need to set it up again and restart after changing USB port ...
Besides when boosting the microphone using Equalizer APO the microphone suffers from horrible groundloop feedback and general humming/hissing, annoying the hell out of whoever Im talking with... The groundloop happens on both desktop and laptop computers (regardless if the laptops are connected to the ac/dc transformer or not).....

Doesnt this headset work with win 8.1? Is the hardware defektive, are the drivers just completely bugged or is it just a overpriced pile of something with all of the above?????

Anyone actually successfully using this headset for gaming and skype on win 8.1 without issues and without having to install third party software, tweaking and fiddling to get a godda** headset to work? Bought it a couple of months ago but put it aside due to not having time to play around with a headset, pulling it out once in a while just to see if new drivers or other computers resolves the issues but no... It's my first non-internal hardware from Corsair and probably my last... I've searched to forum and found lots of people with the same issue but no solution or official answers from Corsair... Only 'solution' being Equalizer APO which isnt really a solution....

To sum up my rants.. Has anyone actually ever gotten the H1500 headset to work perfectly on window 8.1 using Corsair drivers and no third party software to tweak it? Specially the microphone?

Last edited by vic256; 04-27-2015 at 09:19 AM.

Old 04-30-2015, 07:15 AM

POST ID # = 776465
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 124

Unfortunately, the Corsair drivers are known to be loud at low volume values.

You can lower the application volume in Windows which would allow you to adjust the headset volume.
To do this, click the speaker icon>mixer and lower the volume slider for the application.

Try the headset on another computer. Is the low microphone recording volume still present?

Old 05-10-2015, 04:41 PM

POST ID # = 778452

Yeah, the microphone volume is low and theres no boost option in the driver, this goes for all the win8.1 computers I've tried in the house and horrible hissing and ground loopback in the mike when boosting using 3rd party software rendering the microphone useless... The application volume lowered will lower the volume for the specific application but if for instance watching a movie or playing a game with application volume lowered, another application suddenly plays a sound, like skype, my eardrums will be blown as I cant remember to lower all applications that might play a sound... I've used Plantronics Gamecom 780 7.1 USB headsets without a single issue, microphone loud and clear and volume adjusted perfectly so the win 8.1 computers works just fine ... I suspect Corsair (Or their subcontractor) are having issues creating working 7.1 drivers for windows 8.1 -this is the reason I ask if anyone has actually had the H1500 headset working on 8.1 at all (If they had both volume and microphone working perfectly). with 7.1 drivers..

This headset is by far the worst I've owned and nothing official has been heard regarding this issue for months... They're going to the bin I'm afraid, theyre useless as is and Corsairs support and feedback apparently is just as bad as their drivers and headsets, nothing has been commented from Corsair....... I feel quite ripped off ... Corsair should at least aknowledge that there's an issue and that they are (hopefully) working on it ...

Last edited by vic256; 05-10-2015 at 05:24 PM.

Old 05-10-2015, 04:59 PM
shakaman's PC Specs

POST ID # = 778455
shakaman Reputation: 10

I have the same problem. Should I return? Is this solved with the 2100?

Old 05-11-2015, 12:42 PM

POST ID # = 778555

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakaman View Post
I have the same problem. Should I return? Is this solved with the 2100?
Return them and get something not made by Corsair....

Old 05-12-2015, 11:42 AM
ramzanox's PC Specs

POST ID # = 778763
ramzanox Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic256 View Post
Return them and get something not made by Corsair....
i would do that too, my 1500 has loud sound when corsair cant fix drivers