The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-01-2012, 04:15 PM

POST ID # = 616968
hackztor Reputation: 10

I hope someday they make it so you can just press a button to switch between headphone and speakers. Most annoying thing about this product. Heck I would be willing to buy a new pod if it needed a hardware change for this.

Old 12-01-2012, 04:26 PM

POST ID # = 616969

Also, Can you update the installer to work with Windows 8.

Old 12-01-2012, 11:03 PM
greeny2010's PC Specs

POST ID # = 617036
greeny2010 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackztor View Post
Also, Can you update the installer to work with Windows 8.
I doubt you can get any update from Corsair. Since the release of this SP2500, problems face by owners are still in the 'solving' stage. I've already given up on this, and got myself a good system from the competitor.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:13 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 617274
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeny2010 View Post
I doubt you can get any update from Corsair. Since the release of this SP2500, problems face by owners are still in the 'solving' stage. I've already given up on this, and got myself a good system from the competitor.
The firmware update is only for a chinese character. There are no functionality updates required by the unit and as far as I know, there are no issues with the system. Did you have one that we couldn't solve?

Old 12-29-2012, 01:01 AM

POST ID # = 622263
Brokwing Reputation: 10

It said that is no update at this time check back later.

Old 02-09-2013, 12:47 AM

POST ID # = 632680

Functionality...yes being able to push a button to switch to headphones and back to speakers I would say needs to be implemented. It is only a matter of time before the pod breaks by taking out the headphones so many times. Very annoying. I have seen this issue on competitors products. If it cannot be done through a firmware please just sell a new pod and I would gladly purchase it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM GUY View Post
The firmware update is only for a chinese character. There are no functionality updates required by the unit and as far as I know, there are no issues with the system. Did you have one that we couldn't solve?

Old 02-11-2013, 03:37 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 633212

We do have the pod available here: http://www.corsair.com/us/parts/audi...io-sp2500.html

As for changing inputs, if you're using multiple inputs on the SP2500, you can change which input to use on the pod itself as well. Theres two inputs in the rear sub (RCA + 3.5mm) and theres also a headphone jack on the pod itself.

Old 02-22-2013, 04:59 PM

POST ID # = 635666

Not needing multiple imputs but use multiple outputs. Speakers vs headphones. Be easier to push and hold a button for it to swap between the two than keep unplugging. Eventually the plug party will prob break.

Old 02-25-2013, 08:29 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 636228

Why would you need multiple outputs if its only outputting to speakers? Also, you can switch the inputs so you don't need to plug the headphones in and out. For example, at home, I have my headset plugged into the headphone jack in the pod and my computer is connected to the rear RCA jack in the rear of the sub. All I need to do to switch between the speakers is change the input (RCA or headphone jack) without disconnecting anything.

Old 07-07-2013, 06:28 PM

POST ID # = 663689

Duno how you accomplished this. I have it going from the computer soundcard to the sub connected to rca (input1). To make it go to headphones I have to plug the headphones into the bottom port of the pod. Then music comes out of only headphones. I have to unplug this to get it back to speakers. This is where it would be nice to have an option to choose speaker or headphone without unplugging. Only inputs I get on my pod is Aux1, Aux2, line in.

Old 07-09-2013, 07:20 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 664071

If it makes it easier, plug the headphone into the 3.5mm jack in the rear of the sub.

Old 07-10-2013, 02:47 AM

POST ID # = 664114

I tried that and all combinations and no sound would come out of the headphones through that jack. That is the AUX 1 port right? I would plug headphones into that, then change pod to AUX1 and no sound. Change to inline 1 and would get sound through speakers.

Quote:
If it makes it easier, plug the headphone into the 3.5mm jack in the rear of the sub.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:21 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 664318

Sorry Hack, I've completely confused you (a moment of brain lapse here). You are correct in that anytime a headphone is connected to the headphone jack, the audio automatically switches to it despite what you have connected to the subwoofer.

The way I was actually able to get around this was that my soundcard actually had speakers out and headphones out so I was actually switching the audio source with the software. You'll need a third party hub to switch between the 3.5mm source instead of using the pod to do so if you want to swap.

A thousand apologies for the confusion.

Old 07-30-2013, 02:09 AM

POST ID # = 667478

Ya np, my soundcard prob has the option, but I hate software solutions. I will just have to live with it cause I also hate adding more stuff to the mix. I just wish a firmware update on pod could do this or a new version of the pod. Amazing speakers, someday wishing for a 5.1 of these.

Quote:
Sorry Hack, I've completely confused you (a moment of brain lapse here). You are correct in that anytime a headphone is connected to the headphone jack, the audio automatically switches to it despite what you have connected to the subwoofer.

The way I was actually able to get around this was that my soundcard actually had speakers out and headphones out so I was actually switching the audio source with the software. You'll need a third party hub to switch between the 3.5mm source instead of using the pod to do so if you want to swap.

A thousand apologies for the confusion.

Old 12-08-2013, 10:03 AM

POST ID # = 686479
joo Reputation: 10

Hello,

I have a problem with the updater too. If I run the installer I get the message that it could not identify my system (Win8 x64).

BTW: whats the number from the latest Firmware?

Last edited by joo; 12-08-2013 at 06:58 PM.