Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-21-2018, 06:02 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 936582
Zotty Reputation: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyV View Post
You know who - Yeah I know all about that. Back when "he" was around there were a few times when he got quite impatient with me too. We had some tense moments but I decided it's just the way he is wired and to get some thick skin and get over it. I have worked with "difficult geniuses" before and have learned to not take it personally. I guess it's frustrating when your brain goes ten times faster than those around you. I learned a lot from him, and not just about making LEDs blink.

Corsair has struggled with Link for years - I have been jumping in and out of this forum since 2011 (though my user name changed because of an account snafu). Corsair really does care about their products and their customers and they have gone above and beyond for me in the past. It is good to see some new people becoming the "regulars" on here, helping out the endless stream of people just starting out with these products. DevBiker and you (Zotty) in particular have really picked up the ball and I am sure Dustin and company at Corsair appreciate it.

There are guys on here controlling Corsair products with Arduinos and other controllers, de-compiling files, figuring out protocols, and writing their own code. There's nothing wrong with that. SIV is really pretty simple next to what those guys are doing, but it most definitely has a learning curve and is, IMHO, only for those who are enthusiasts about this stuff. I am pretty happy with how this latest build turned out (from a Bling perspective anyway) and though I would post some pics so people could see what can be done (if you are crazy), and that it all really does work. I am not saying that everyone should go download SIV and try to wire up an LED monstrosity like I did. It's all just for fun, after all.
Thanks dude :).. its nice to be nice huh :)

I take my hat off to anyone that tests the limits on what can be done with these toys and I tend to try and take a little info away from it all when new things get found out.. but sometimes its doesn't speak the same language as me.. My native Language is Spanner.. with a bit of very large hammer thrown in for good measure lol (Mechanic by trade).. been faffing with PC's since I was a kid (48 now) but never went much deeper than building and playing games on them.. coding isn't easy to do with a spanner and a hammer in your hands hahaha.

Which means I tend to sit in the 'need an easy UI like LINK' camp lol.. I understand that as does the General population.. ish.. mostly... ok sometimes hahah,. Cue was a lot more in depth I have to say,,,

Last edited by Zotty; 01-21-2018 at 06:06 PM.

Old 01-21-2018, 06:43 PM
SpeedyV's PC Specs

POST ID # = 936594
SpeedyV Reputation: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotty View Post
I Have 6 LL120's, 3 HD120's and16 strips in mine with 4 being on back of monitors and 4 under the desk powered from a 2nd psu with a node pro on the back of the monitors, usb to rear io and tend to go with shift type effects of late. it all becomes a bit fairground like when set to rainbows etc lol
Ha ! At least my LED crazyness has not grown out of case...yet. Come to think of it I have a bunch of rolls of industrial grade IP65 24VDC RGB LEDs left over from a project we did at work. Different voltage, different protocol (I think). Hmmm...

Old 01-21-2018, 07:00 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 936600

Do it lol!!

If you Click the Blue Yolo in my sig you will see my rgb'z addiction doing its thing.

Old 01-21-2018, 07:06 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 936602
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Be careful hanging around Zotty, SpeedyV. He'll get you jonesin' to have mainline RGB before long.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 01-22-2018, 06:24 PM
SpeedyV's PC Specs

POST ID # = 936848

Ooh that is a nice video. Behind the monitors huh. Hmmm...

Old 01-22-2018, 10:23 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 936895

Quote:
Ooh that is a nice video. Behind the monitors huh. Hmmm...
and under the desk lol.. its the future I tell thee i still have another NoPro lying around so I may have to add more strips lol

Old 01-23-2018, 12:25 AM
ybing's PC Specs

POST ID # = 936914
ybing Reputation: 10

Got mine done as well, finally, still waiting for RMA LED hub to make the last fan light up, spent so much time on fitting the fans on the EK rad and hiding the cables...

2 140LL
3 120LL
8 RGB Strip
LED Hub + Node + Commander Pro

https://vimeo.com/252124135

Old 01-24-2018, 07:47 AM
SpeedyV's PC Specs

POST ID # = 937157

Looks great! Bling-a-Ling!!

Old 02-11-2018, 05:42 PM
SpeedyV's PC Specs

POST ID # = 940168
Default Strange problem with CLCP LED Port 2

So as the above thread shows, I have pretty much completed by Z370/I7-8700K build with plenty of bling-a-ling using a Co-Pro and 2 No-Pros. Control is via SIV. Total LEDs under CO-Pro/No-Pro = 233 (+ 1 in the H110i-GT pump).

LED Port assignments are:

Co-Pro-P1 - 4 x ML140 Pro, 1 x LL140 RGB, 1 x HD120 RGB - Total 44 LEDs, configured as 1 x 44-LED Strip

Co-Pro-P2 - 72-LED WS2812B LED Strip

No-Pro1-P1 - 18-LED WS2812B LED Strip

No-Pro1-P2 - 15-LED WS2812B LED Strip

No-Pro2-P1 - 12-LED WS2812B LED Strip

No-Pro2-P2 - 72-LED WS2812B LED Strip

Co-Pro Total LEDs - 116
No-Pro 1 Total LEDs - 33
No-Pro 2 Total LEDs - 84

Every now and then I will notice that the 72-LED strip connected to Co-Pro LED Port 2 will be "stuck", with just a few LEDs lit with random color and brightness.

I have tried:
1. Doing a RESET in SIV AIO LED Panel
2. Changing that LED port to a different pattern
3. Disabling and re-enabling the LED port
4. Physically unplugging and re-plugging in the LED strip

Only #4 - physically unplugging and re-plugging in the strip,works - every time. I have not tried doing a physical reset of the Co-Pro, or cycling it's power but I suspect either of those actions would also "unstick" it. I also haven't tried swapping this LED string with another, which I should do.

This is not a huge issue - more of an annoyance since I have to pop the rear side off the case to access the Co-Pro and cycle the LED strip connector. Since I am using SIV instead of Link to control all of this, Link issues do not apply. SIV does not do software control of LEDs. The patterns are simply being played back by the Co-Pro and No-Pros. This, and the fact that changing patterns or disabling/enabling the port in SIV does nothing, indicates that SIV is not the problem (I think).

This 72-LED strip is set to Marquis, Blue, Speed 2, Brightness 66%. The other Co-Pro port has 6 mixed fan types on it - 4 x ML140 Pro, 1 x LL140, 1 x HD140 Pro RGB. Since they are mixed fan types, I just have that port setup as a 44-LED string. Total LEDs powered by the Co-Pro is 116,which should be OK.

I realize that I am not using Corsair's software or LED strips. TBH, it's been so long since I have messed with Link that I am not even sure if this setup could be done in Link. That said, SIV is just telling the Corsair controllers that LED strips are connected, and how many LEDs are in each strip, and what Brightness level to set (which has to be 0, 33%, 66%, or 100% due to limitations of the controllers' firmware). So there should be nothing invalid about it, and it all works perfectly, except for this one nagging issue.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Old 02-12-2018, 01:27 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 940199

What's the total current draw for the LEDs on the CoPro? They average around ~0.04A per LED. The NoPro processor that's in the CoPro also needs a bit of that 5V power as well (not sure how much though) ... so you may well be exceeding the 4.5A of power that's available on the 5V rail through the SATA connection.

While the CoPro's processor does use the 3.3V rail, that's the processor for Fan control, not for the RGB LED control. It's essential the same as the NoPro, which only uses the 5V rail.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 02-14-2018, 07:34 PM
SpeedyV's PC Specs

POST ID # = 940640

Just getting back to this problem. To answer your question, the Co-Pro has 44 LEDs on Port 1 and 72 on Port 2 - total 116. At 40ma each, that would be 4.64 amp total. The 72-LED strip is set to 66% brightness, the fan LEDs are all at 100%.

So yeah maybe I am pushing the Co-Pro too hard. The Corsair LED strips have 10 LEDs each x 4 strips max on a port is 40 LEDs. If someone used 6 LL fans that would be 96 LEDs. So worst case having 6 x LL fans on 1 port and 4 x LED strips on the other port is 136 LEDs total, and I only have 116, and 72 of them are at 66% brightness.

I don't really know what the LEDs are actually drawing. I think I will put a DC Ammeter in the line and see what the current flow really is. Can't think of anything else that would cause this. I will meter the current and try swapping things around. Thanks for the suggestion.

Old 02-14-2018, 07:56 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 940644

Quote:
Just getting back to this problem. To answer your question, the Co-Pro has 44 LEDs on Port 1 and 72 on Port 2 - total 116. At 40ma each, that would be 4.64 amp total. The 72-LED strip is set to 66% brightness, the fan LEDs are all at 100%.

So yeah maybe I am pushing the Co-Pro too hard. The Corsair LED strips have 10 LEDs each x 4 strips max on a port is 40 LEDs. If someone used 6 LL fans that would be 96 LEDs. So worst case having 6 x LL fans on 1 port and 4 x LED strips on the other port is 136 LEDs total, and I only have 116, and 72 of them are at 66% brightness.

I don't really know what the LEDs are actually drawing. I think I will put a DC Ammeter in the line and see what the current flow really is. Can't think of anything else that would cause this. I will meter the current and try swapping things around. Thanks for the suggestion.
And ... the SATA connection is limited to 4.5A on each of the 3 rails.
So it's not the CoPro that you are pushing too hard. The SATA connector won't deliver that much current along a single rail. Has nothing to do with the CoPro and everything to do with the SATA power specification.

Old 02-15-2018, 07:16 PM
SpeedyV's PC Specs

POST ID # = 940839

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
And ... the SATA connection is limited to 4.5A on each of the 3 rails.
So it's not the CoPro that you are pushing too hard. The SATA connector won't deliver that much current along a single rail. Has nothing to do with the CoPro and everything to do with the SATA power specification.
Hmmm. You may be onto something. What I don't get is the ONLY way I can get the 72-LED strip to work again after it's gotten "stuck" is to physically unplug the strip from the LED port and then plug it back in. Nothing else I have tried will get it un-stuck. Also, it will sit there for a week and work fine, and then I will find it stuck. Most of the time, it's fine.

I guess I will need to re-arrange my LED loads across the CO-Pro and the 2 No-Pros to balance out the load. Hopefully that will do it. Thanks !

Old 07-06-2018, 08:38 PM
vasyltheonly's PC Specs

POST ID # = 962461
vasyltheonly Reputation: 10

This is an older post, but have either of you figured out how to have more than 96 LEDs in one DATA pin using SIV?
Also, while using SIV, can you have iCUE open? At the moment I had to downgrade to CUE instead which doesn't give any issues with SIV.

Old 07-10-2018, 06:38 PM
SpeedyV's PC Specs

POST ID # = 962942

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasyltheonly View Post
This is an older post, but have either of you figured out how to have more than 96 LEDs in one DATA pin using SIV?
Also, while using SIV, can you have iCUE open? At the moment I had to downgrade to CUE instead which doesn't give any issues with SIV.
The 96 LED limit is a Commander Pro / Lighting Node Pro firmware limitation. SIV cannot address more than 96 LEDs because of this firmware limitation. Believe me, the author of SIV would be very happy if Corsair would address this in a firmware update. Now that Corsair has moved in the direction of software LED control, it is doubtful they will update this. I personally also wish they would enable more granular brightness control. You can only set 0, 33%, 66%, or 100%. SIV can set brightness in 1% increments but the Corsair hardware is limited to these 4 levels.

As for running SIV and iCUE, I don't know the answer to that. I do know that when Corsair decided to move to software control, they made a change that renders Link unable to reliably run concurrently with SIV, AIDA64, HWINFO64, etc. I don't know if this same issue applies to iCUE. Maybe someone has tried it or you can ask the horses mouth over on the SIV forum, though I suspect he has never downloaded iCUE. Someone else over there may know. Good luck!

https://plus.google.com/communities/...97435354888336