The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-04-2018, 08:14 PM
iiCarelessness's PC Specs

POST ID # = 933781
iiCarelessness Reputation: 10
Default EVGA Precision XOC and Corsair Link incompatible

I thought I'd just make a thread noting that the two softwares mentioned in the title are incompatible with each other.

After many many hours of tinkering with drivers, updating BIOS and reinstalling Windows, I finally uninstalled EVGA Precision XOC out of curiosity, rebooted, and my issue was fixed.

A bummer really, considering I'd like it to OC my card, and change colours, but I can't.

Thanks, iiCarelessness.

Old 01-04-2018, 09:51 PM
Astral85's PC Specs

POST ID # = 933790
Astral85 Reputation: 11

You don't mention the issue you have between them?

Old 01-04-2018, 10:31 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 933792
DevBiker Reputation: 88

I'm curious as well. I run both and haven't seen any issues. Now, I don't have an EVGA card so I can't control my LED with it but I do use it for a custom fan curve on the GPU and some light overclocking.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 01-04-2018, 11:41 PM
vholif2137's PC Specs

POST ID # = 933798
vholif2137 Reputation: 10

I have no problem running both, and can change the cards colors as well as overclock them.

What was the issue?

Old 01-05-2018, 05:28 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 933817
Zotty Reputation: 52

Op can use Msi Afterburner to OC his card... I'm not a fan of egva's Px my self so use afterburner with my Evga card ;)

Old 01-05-2018, 06:40 PM
donalgodon's PC Specs

POST ID # = 933936
donalgodon Reputation: 10

Precision XOC is absolute trash. I have an EVGA 1080Ti, the fans of which cannot be properly controlled via Afterburner, otherwise, I'd happily use it instead. I've not seen any specific issues with it in relation to the Corsair Link software, but I do notice that XOC slows down my system on reboot significantly and makes typing crawl for several seconds while it loads. After that, everything is fine.

Old 01-06-2018, 08:35 AM
nam.uk's PC Specs

POST ID # = 934028
nam.uk Reputation: 10

I went back to an earlier XOC as it was crashing the Corsair link usb driver, I did like the random effect on the H100 pump when it worked but I could get no link details, they both don’t work with each other, I have even disabled the XOC led sync for the cooler even then still crashed the link usb driver, all were latest versions as well.

Old 01-08-2018, 05:25 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Dustin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 934421
Corsair Dustin Reputation: 41

So I just looked at EVGA's Precision XOC website and I think I see what's causing the problem.

The latest version of XOC allows you to sync the graphics card lighting with coolers. If EVGA's software isn't especially picky about reading the hardware IDs of coolers, it's probably reading the H100i V2 (and our other Asetek-built coolers) as its own. Alternatively, they may have also included a half-baked LED control scheme for non-EVGA coolers that's causing problems.

Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.

Old 01-08-2018, 05:55 PM
nam.uk's PC Specs

POST ID # = 934435
nam.uk Reputation: 10

same issue happens with XOC 6.2.2, its since they added LED sync even when disabling the cooler in LED sync the corsair usb driver still crashes it can be enabled again but that is random but as soon as you do a restart your back to square one, you also have issues with other link products related to the same usb driver.

Last edited by nam.uk; 01-08-2018 at 05:59 PM.

Old 01-12-2018, 04:16 PM

POST ID # = 935106
shaolinn Reputation: 10

Good to know just built a new rig with the Corsair h150i and on clean windows install everything was working properly until this described issue occurred. I knew it was a software conflict. This thread made it a whole lot quicker to identify. Thanks, hope EVGA fixes this.

Old 01-13-2018, 11:30 PM
Astral85's PC Specs

POST ID # = 935325
Astral85 Reputation: 11

I have noticed some strange interaction between the LED's of my EVGA 1080 Ti and my Sound Blaster X AE-5. Sometimes the Ti LED's will flicker rapidly causing the AE-5 LED's to do strange things. It appears like the LED Sync software is tapping into other LED software or something.

Old 01-15-2018, 10:20 PM
RayzTheRoof's PC Specs

POST ID # = 935672
RayzTheRoof Reputation: 18

I am having the exact same issue. But I absolutely NEED Precision X to control the fans on my FTW3 card. No other software will let me control all three GPU fans and Afterburner only spins up one. So I need Precision X because otherwise my GPU won't fully function. But I need to get rid of Precision X, because otherwise my AIO won't function. Talk about a Catch 22.

Old 01-15-2018, 10:43 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 935675

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzTheRoof View Post
I am having the exact same issue. But I absolutely NEED Precision X to control the fans on my FTW3 card. No other software will let me control all three GPU fans and Afterburner only spins up one. So I need Precision X because otherwise my GPU won't fully function. But I need to get rid of Precision X, because otherwise my AIO won't function. Talk about a Catch 22.
Is there any way that you can use an earlier version? Apparently this was introduced in a recent update.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 04-04-2018, 07:56 PM
donalgodon's PC Specs

POST ID # = 948644
donalgodon Reputation: 10

Is the new 6.2.4 compatible with LINK?

Old 04-04-2018, 08:00 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 948646

No idea. There release notes don't say anything about it one way or another.