The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 148 votes, 4.99 average. Display Modes
Old 09-04-2015, 12:51 PM

POST ID # = 804981
Higround Reputation: 10

I've just created an account to reply saying that the plug/unplug fix worked on my 2100 so many thanks for that advice.

On the other hand this thread is 3 years old. That is completely unacceptable not to have a fix out by now.

Old 09-19-2015, 03:32 PM

POST ID # = 809276
khelem Reputation: 10
Default Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boldar View Post
Assuming your headset is showing a solid amber light (and blue if the USB wireless receiver is connected to your PC and your PC is on) do the following:

1) Ensure the charging cable is connected to the PC and the PC is on, or to an always on/charging USB port.
2) Ensure the other end of the charging cable is connected to the headset.
3) Ensure you unplug the USB wireless receiver.
4) Rapidly unplug/plug the USB cable from the PC (the large, full sized end of the cable). Depending on how fast you are, quality of the USB port, etc. you may need to leave it plugged in for a split second for it initiate the power charge. So don't be afraid to experiment between partially plugging in/unplugging the cable to find the sweet spot that will reset the headset.

This will cause the headset to power off/reset and then work as normal. Note that the goal here is to cause the headset to basically trip/short out and reset as others have mentioned. Theoretically any USB charging port should allow you to trip/short it out, but your PC should do just fine. It should only take a few seconds to for it to reset from this once you find that sweet spot. Certainly not an ideal solution but it works and won't force you to waste hours for it to fully discharge nor go through a long/costly RMA.

Good luck!
As many other i only register my account just to say thank you.

Old 02-07-2016, 04:36 PM

POST ID # = 835549
TealMjM Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boldar View Post
Assuming your headset is showing a solid amber light (and blue if the USB wireless receiver is connected to your PC and your PC is on) do the following:

1) Ensure the charging cable is connected to the PC and the PC is on, or to an always on/charging USB port.
2) Ensure the other end of the charging cable is connected to the headset.
3) Ensure you unplug the USB wireless receiver.
4) Rapidly unplug/plug the USB cable from the PC (the large, full sized end of the cable). Depending on how fast you are, quality of the USB port, etc. you may need to leave it plugged in for a split second for it initiate the power charge. So don't be afraid to experiment between partially plugging in/unplugging the cable to find the sweet spot that will reset the headset.

This will cause the headset to power off/reset and then work as normal. Note that the goal here is to cause the headset to basically trip/short out and reset as others have mentioned. Theoretically any USB charging port should allow you to trip/short it out, but your PC should do just fine. It should only take a few seconds to for it to reset from this once you find that sweet spot. Certainly not an ideal solution but it works and won't force you to waste hours for it to fully discharge nor go through a long/costly RMA.

Good luck!
I too have also joined to say thank you.

I first came across this issue earlier today. I have had the headset for about 6 weeks now. It has worked well up until the blue/orange light issue.

Reading through this thread was concerning however. It wasn't until page 11 I found a solution, and even that was just by a consumer, not an actual response from the company. The fact that this issue has been persisting since 2012 is pretty bad. It is obvious Corsair does not care to fix the issue, and is entirely happy to keep selling a knowingly defective product. Because of this, I would not recommend Corsair headsets to anyone, and this will definitely be my last purchase until the issue is resolved.

Closed Thread