Corsair Community

RPM H80i V2

Hello,

i have a just a short question.

What is the RPM of the H80i V2 if the pump is only connected to the Motherboard FAN header?

My System shows me a about 1500 RPM.

I'm not using the USB cable and i'm not using the software to manage the speed.

The H80i V2 is just pull out of the packaging.

Cheers Robert

Hello,

i have a just a short question.

What is the RPM of the H80i V2 if the pump is only connected to the Motherboard FAN header?

My System shows me a about 1500 RPM.

I'm not using the USB cable and i'm not using the software to manage the speed.

The H80i V2 is just pull out of the packaging.

Cheers Robert

Hey I would use the USB cable in your place and also the software from Corsair.

Hi Chris1987,

thanks for your answert

I cant use the software, i'm running Linux.

So my question is what should the mainboard show for the rpm if the pump is runnning in the stock delivery mode?

Is the 1500rpm the right value?

Cheers Robert

Hi Chris1987,

thanks for your answert

I cant use the software, i'm running Linux.

So my question is what should the mainboard show for the rpm if the pump is runnning in the stock delivery mode?

Is the 1500rpm the right value?

Cheers Robert

Hey, ok, I had the h100i platinum rgb se which had 2500 rpm. I cannot tell you whether 1500 is ok. but when it is shown to you it is correct. unfortunately I didn't find anything on the internet

Your "1500" BIOS read speed is really 3000 rpm. The GTX/v2 series coolers will all show 1/2 the actual pump speed in the BIOS. Your H80i GT/v2 has two fixed pump speeds of around 2300 on the low and 3000 on the high, so you are already at the high setting.

Normally I push people to leave the fans on the cooler's fan controller (for i software models). However, if you are not going to use the Windows environment you might want to move them to the motherboard for control if you have a warm environment or case. The pre-programmed curves were designed with a 20-23C base in mind, but that is not sustainable for a lot of people in Summer or tropical climates. The other option is if you dual boot to fire up Link or iCUE and set the fans, save it to the device, then return to normal.

However, if you are not going to use the Windows environment you might want to move them to the motherboard for control if you have a warm environment or case.

Thats a greate idea.

My Mainbaord supports two CPU Fans. So i can use one for the pump and one for the fans.

I will give it a try.

Cheers Robert

Make sure the header powering the pump stays at 100%, either through manually setting the dots to 100% or using the disabled/"Full Speed" toggle in the BIOS. I believe GA boards give you independent control over CPU_Fan and OPT so you should be able to use those without locking the fans at 100%. Asus owners need to use a different header than OPT for the fans for this kind of arrangement.