Corsair Community

Dead XD5 pump

hquest

Add me to the statistics. After about 9 months of operation, the XD5 does this morning. Made some loud noise clicks for less than 10 seconds, and shut it off. There is no air or algae into the system, this is a pure distilled water with Primochill Utopia coolant. Pump doesn’t turn on regardless of where the 3-pin header is connected, if on the Commander Pro unit or the MoBo header, or if left disconnected. Same as for the SATA cable. Adjusting speed settings on iCue makes no difference.

I have an open RMA with Corsair. Let us see how many iterations it will take until a replacement arrives...

Sad, since it used to work great - until it doesn’t but hey, that’s how life works :)

Well since Corsair uses the same Xylem D5 pump as EK and others, chances are might run into trouble with some faulty unit with any of the OEMs. There will always be a few of them, that die prematurely. That's in the nature of it.

F tho

I know that the pump for any machine could be damaged anytime without future note, and sorry to hear that and its lessons maybe for us to have an extra unit spare parts ready.

because in my country i don't have reseller so any part i purchased i have 0 warranty for it and if send it back it will cost me alot more than buying a new product lol.

The RMA is being processed, a few pictures and proof of purchase provided, and apparently no drama so far.

I was not really expecting this unit to fail so soon. I know a lot of folks who have theirs running 24/7 for well in excess of years - some goes without any maintenance stop, which is totally not recommended. But as any tech, it is a lottery.

I hope I don’t need to, but I will keep swapping these if one goes bad, until their warranties wear off. Afterwards, I will grab a spare pump for less than half the price. I really do not need a second reservoir, and I am keeping a lesson learned: should my self be building a new custom loop system, I will go after separate pump and reservoirs. And a spare pump from the get go.

The RMA is being processed, a few pictures and proof of purchase provided, and apparently no drama so far.

I was not really expecting this unit to fail so soon. I know a lot of folks who have theirs running 24/7 for well in excess of years - some goes without any maintenance stop, which is totally not recommended. But as any tech, it is a lottery.

I hope I don’t need to, but I will keep swapping these if one goes bad, until their warranties wear off. Afterwards, I will grab a spare pump for less than half the price. I really do not need a second reservoir, and I am keeping a lesson learned: should my self be building a new custom loop system, I will go after separate pump and reservoirs. And a spare pump from the get go.

You can replace pumps in combo units, just FYI. No need to do a separated pump system. On the XD5, just unscrew the bottom plate from the reservoir and the pump drops down.

The pump top (or pump top/reservoir) never wears off.

But yea, having a spare D5 in the drawer is always a good idea

Absolutely I can, except I cannot RMA the Corsair pump without replacing the pump and the reservoir. Which costs more than just a pump and requires a flush and refill of the system. Hence my rationale of two separate entities instead of a combo unit.